Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 03:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Doesn't meth do this to you in a hurry?
It must, these 2 pictures were taken 3 yrs apart. Hard to believe its the same person.

When you consider the chemicals used in a meth lab can potentially blow up a city block, quick deterioration of users isn't surprising. How sad.

Last edited by virgode; 02-08-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
It must, these 2 pictures were taken 3 yrs apart. Hard to believe its the same person.

When you consider the chemicals used in a meth lab can potentially blow up a city block, quick deterioration of users isn't surprising. How sad.

I noticed that woman, she was an attractive lady. Is this stuff cheap compared to marijuana, cocaine and the other street drugs?

A few years ago some kind of cough syrup was taken off the shelves (think it was cough syrup) and you have to buy it OTC what ingredient was in that product they used to make meth? Heck they can buy Nyquil which is about 85 proof and get drunk. LOL At least it wouldn't destroy their teeth and faces. Is crack and crank both meth? I don't like to google these things I don't want the black helicopters landing in my yard thinking I am cooking the stuff.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I noticed that woman, she was an attractive lady. Is this stuff cheap compared to marijuana, cocaine and the other street drugs?

A few years ago some kind of cough syrup was taken off the shelves (think it was cough syrup) and you have to buy it OTC what ingredient was in that product they used to make meth? Heck they can buy Nyquil which is about 85 proof and get drunk. LOL At least it wouldn't destroy their teeth and faces. Is crack and crank both meth? I don't like to google these things I don't want the black helicopters landing in my yard thinking I am cooking the stuff.
LOL... Heres an FAQ link.
http://www.portlandonline.com/police...=89088&c=38594

I have no clue the prices of street drugs. Crack is cocaine mixed and heated with something, crystalized and smoked. Crank, I'm not sure, but I think its amphethamine related. Crystal meth and methamphetamines are the same (I think)

I learned a bit from watching 'Breaking Bad', about a high school chemistry teacher who finds out he has lung cancer and a pregnant wife, hooks up with a former bad @ss type student to start a meth lab business to make money for his unborn child and cancer treatment.

Last edited by virgode; 02-10-2012 at 04:58 AM..

Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
I guess the thing that gets me the most is this....people take drugs to make themselves feel "better". Okay...so if these people are not already messed up in the head, why are they so irrational? By the time you're in high school, you've probably already seen the terrible effects drugs have on people, so they can't use the excuse that "they didn't know what drugs can do to you".

A rational mind does not say, "My life is out of control, it is nothing like I want it to be. I think I'll start doing drugs so that I can add THAT problem to the mix!" No....healthy, sound minds to NOT think like that. Therefore, once needs to look at this question...."What came first, the chicken or the egg?" ...."The mental health problems or the drugs".

Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,344 times
Its terrible to see the effects of Meth. When I visited my best friend out in WA state, I noticed it was a big problem with signs everywhere. He personally knew a lady that worked in a pharmacist that went through a bad time, started using, and withing 2 months her body was destroyed.

Meth in my opinion has to be one of the worst out there. As stated, its a psychological and lifestyle issue that these people are dealing with. I don't think its normal behavior that drives people to do this. They are sad, need change, unable to cope, need a way out, and sometimes all their options are exhausted, or they have tried everything, and then they go take the shortcut at witts end, which are these hard drugs.

The other end of it I think are young kids that just want to party. Alcohol loses its effect, then they go progressively on from there. Mix certain personality traits and you'll get someone to try it. I think those with inquisitive personalities mixed with those that have that invulnerable trait that nothing can stop them, while in party mode, yields to trying highly addictive drugs, like heroin for instance.

I've never tried it, and never will, but you never wonder, "how could it be THAT GOOD, that you're hooked almost instantly". I know curiosity killed the cat, and I've seen it several times to know better.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
LOL... Heres an FAQ link.
Meth FAQs

I have no clue the prices of street drugs. Crack is cocaine mixed and heated with something, crystalized and smoked. Crank, I'm not sure, but I think its amphethamine related. Crystal meth and methamphetamines are the same (I think)

I learned a bit from watching 'Breaking Bad', about a high school chemistry teacher who finds out he has lung cancer and a pregnant wife, hooks up with a former bad @ss type student to start a meth lab business to make money for his unborn child and cancer treatment.
I watched the first season of Breaking Bad but that is all ... the cancer hasn't killed him yet?

We have kudzu in the south ... kudzu grows up to 12 to 18 inches a night ... I always thought I could get rich cutting it, drying it out and bagging and selling it as marijuana .... if people buy such a toxic mixture as meth I am sure I could sell baggies of kudzu ... probably one time sales only bags and bags of kudzu. Hubby said some of my customers might do bodily harm to me when they don't get that high ... but who knows maybe kudzu provides a high!

Kudzu Covered Houses

Recently a law was passed here removing bath salts from the stores ... I don't know what people were doing with bath salts.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yep. I just don't understand it.
I did read somewhere that, with alcohol, most of us get a high and if we continue drinking we get really sick; but the thing about alcoholics is that they don't reach that sick point, they just get higher.

Are you serious? Alcoholics spend half their time barfing up their socks. The thing is, being drunk is worth it to them, and their solution is getting more to drink.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Are you serious? Alcoholics spend half their time barfing up their socks. The thing is, being drunk is worth it to them, and their solution is getting more to drink.
With black-outs, theres no recollection how much they've consumed anyway. They've forgotten their life is a 24/7 drinking binge.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:50 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I used to work in a substance abuse treatment center for women, meth addicts. Interestingly enough, most of the women in the treatment center were pretty hefty, not thin at all. They were taking meth to lose weight. The average weight was about 200 lbs. Of course, they were also taking anti depressant medication, mostly Paxil, which I renamed, "pack it on", after seeing these women gain weight.

The grossest thing is the teeth, don't ask...

Sadly, the ones with babies, and pregnant, the lungs of the babies were affected, and most of them needed nebulizers for breathing treatments.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:04 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The grossest thing is the teeth, don't ask...

an essay on Meth Mouth - tribe.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime