Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM

3,011 posts, read 6,283,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Anyone else watch the show Sat. nights on CBS at 10pm? Thought it might be a good Idea to start a thread where we can discuss the cases. If you guys like the idea, great! If not, well, I guess it will fall to the bottom.
Count me in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,842,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Count me in.
Great!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,188,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am with you, not enough information, but from what was presented on this program, I couldn't say the husband did it.....even though he did behave strangely.

As far as the lack of blood in the room......they said she was strangled and beaten to death.....that could be done with very little bloodshed.

The kids being in the room? Well, if he planned it ahead of time.....he could have easily drugged the kids so they would have slept through the actual killing and he could have locked the body up in a closet or a suitcase so the kids wouldn't see it for that one day. Again....this show was sorely lacking in actual details.

The wife's sisters did get her body.....so did they have another autopsy done? Did they check under the fingernails? Again....no info.

And yes, that hotel worker could have lured the wife into a secluded area to attack her and then put her body into the sewer.

From the little bit we know, I can't see the husband, or anyone, being convicted of this murder.
I agree, I don't see how he would be convicted unless there is some hardcore forensics tying him to her murder. Also, how would he have been able to get her through the hotel without anyone seeing him! He would have had to carry her through a maze of stairways, hallways, lobby, etc. how is that even possible!!! And it is well known how dangerous Mexico can be...murders, kidnapping, etc. are quite common.

Who knows what type of court system there is in Mexico I think it's Guilty until proven Innocent.
We may say it's the same in the U.S., but for the most part it is Innocent until proven Guilty. He may not have a chance in hell in the Mexican court system, regardless of the lack of evidence.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 AM

Well, they pretty much dropped the ball on the DNA under her fingernails thing. too bad

Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
According to Sigmund Freud, people such as crime writers, police officers, detectives, coroners, and medical examiners ARE close to the people that they study, write about, capture and examine.

The healthy mind will filter such an interest into a career or interest that is positive - or at least not harmful.

People who incorporate such interests into their ego, and do not channel this interest in a positive direction can do very bad things.

It does say something about all of us - but what it says is that OUR PSYCHES were able to divert this interest into a hobby or in some cases a profession.
Our super-egos are repelled (which is good) by the awful deeds of these criminals. The super-ego keeps the interest in check. Fascinated? Sure. But we know it is wrong and bad.

Sociopaths have no such repulsion. They do not have the normal "check" that tells them that something is wrong.
I heard this very interesting quote the other day on "The New Detectives" show (Mind Hunters episode) on ID...FBI profiler Robert Ressler discusses getting into the mind of a serial killer, in fact he is often credited with coining the term "Serial Killer"

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.â€
~Friedrich Nietzsche~ 19th Century German Philosopher

Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,924,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well, they pretty much dropped the ball on the DNA under her fingernails thing. too bad
I have read that is the best thing you can do if attacked .... scratch with your nails and get as much skin as you can and pull hair too. Thanks to Jeff Ashton when he first introduced DNA into the courts. LOL I had to throw that in.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:53 PM

Tonight's 48 Hours Mystery preview
The Country Club Murders

I've either seen this episode (even though it's listing as new) or I read about this story...can't remember

Old 03-03-2012, 06:48 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,960,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
The Country Club Murders

I've either seen this episode (even though it's listing as new) or I read about this story...can't remember
In my TV listing, it says it originally aired on 5/23/03.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
The Country Club Murders
WOW! What a story! What an evil, narcissistic, psychopathic, sociopath this man is !! His immediate family was certainly in danger, may still be, he is very scary...

Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
The Country Club Murders

Sometimes if there are new developments Ive noticed they will go ahead and rerun the entire story with about five minutes of new material at the end.

Yes, this guy was truly cold blooded if you ask me. The video of his car was something you could just tell he wasnt counting on by the way he reacted on the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime