U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times

Advertisements

Anyone else watch the show Sat. nights on CBS at 10pm? Thought it might be a good Idea to start a thread where we can discuss the cases. If you guys like the idea, great! If not, well, I guess it will fall to the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 10:33 AM

3,411 posts, read 3,968,861 times
I watch all new Datelines religiously. Do you have the ID (Investigative Discovery) channel? The older episodes are on there pretty much all the time. I used to read People magazine just for the crime story in them, that is how I know just about any (older) crime profiled on any crime TV show. I am annoyed that all the different shows profile the same, tired crimes, but with their own formats/story-telling. There is enough crime for more new shows to be made. They need to make shows out of the crimes that don't get constant media attention.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I watch all new Datelines religiously. Do you have the ID (Investigative Discovery) channel? The older episodes are on there pretty much all the time. I used to read People magazine just for the crime story in them, that is how I know just about any (older) crime profiled on any crime TV show. I am annoyed that all the different shows profile the same, tired crimes, but with their own formats/story-telling. There is enough crime for more new shows to be made. They need to make shows out of the crimes that don't get constant media attention.
Yes and it is quite addictive.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:45 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Anyone else watch the show Sat. nights on CBS at 10pm? Thought it might be a good Idea to start a thread where we can discuss the cases. If you guys like the idea, great! If not, well, I guess it will fall to the bottom.
No, but the threads a great idea. I'll see if I can find it on DEMAND.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
No, but the threads a great idea. I'll see if I can find it on DEMAND.
If you have the ID channel they run episodes on there daily. Of course, those are all older episodes.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,885,636 times
Quote:
I would like to do this, I watch 48hrs Mystery every Saturday and I'm addicted to Investigation ID and any true crime show! Been watching, reading for as long as I can remember.

Right now I'm watching Investigation ID about the 4 kids kidnapped and murdered from the Detroit area in 1977. You know I'm thinking maybe a woman did this or a woman was an accomplish? It seems so clear to me because of bathing the kids and the washing and pressing of the clothes! Especially back in the day, sorry but men typically didn't do laundry or child care. Now it would make sense for DNA purposes, but in 1977, I think not! I wonder if the profilers ever considered this possibility.
The case has similarities to the Sandra Cantu case in CA.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
I never miss it. Sounds like a nice idea to me.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:35 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,305,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Several weeks ago I wandered upon the ID Channel ... boy am I hooked!! I am a night owl and sometimes it's just reruns ... the Betty Broderick story has been on three times in the last couple of weeks.

I like the older Dateline shows. Before CNN bought Court TV I always watched that channel with Forensic Files and Cold Case files. Now that it's TruTV it's just a bunch of junk reality shows at night that I don't watch.

One of my favorites was City Confidential with Paul Winfield narrating. I liked the way he introduced and told all about the town and then got into the case. He passed away in 2004 so all I see now is reruns.

I've never watched 48 hours.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
One of my favorites was City Confidential with Paul Winfield narrating. I liked the way he introduced and told all about the town and then got into the case. He passed away in 2004 so all I see now is reruns.
Yeah Ive watched that! He had the right voice for those types of shows to, if you get my meaning.

Quote:
I've never watched 48 hours
You should give it a shot. It's one of the better crime shows IMO.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,305,263 times
Quote:
Yeah Ive watched that! He had the right voice for those types of shows to, if you get my meaning.
A great voice ... he made you want to move to the town until he got into the crime.

Quote:
You should give it a shot. It's one of the better crime shows IMO.
I will have to check it out ... thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or