U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,891,390 times
Reputation: 17987

Advertisements

Shes harsh. A lot of what she said was true with the exception of the Bobbie Brown comment. She draws parellels between Whitney Houstons death and Bobbie Brown as beneficiary and makes her own conclusion.

Susan Moss the family attorney has no volume control, I can't handle her screeching bizarre voice. Is this the best they can find for her program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Keystone State
1,765 posts, read 1,885,048 times
Reputation: 2118
It is strictly all about "The Ratings" Typical of many a prosecutor's mentality it is not about truth, it's about what will sell and who will win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I think dear Nancy may be having a midlife crisis making outrageous claims that Whitney was pushed under water and pumped with drugs etc. when no such facts are in evidence. I understand that prescription pill abuse and the doctors that help perpetuate the abuse needs hard examination, but even some of the experts on her show sound like they think she has gone off the deep end and they rarely dare to go against her!

I hate how she naively blames Bobbie Brown as well. She hadn't been with him for 6 years. How does blaming him help? At the end of the day Whitney was responsible for herself may she RIP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
 
3,320 posts, read 4,844,169 times
Reputation: 11125
Great points you all My heart has softened a bit for Ms. Grace catching bits and pieces of her show tonight where she admits taking quite a bit of heat over the last couple of days for her horse before the cart opinions and yes it looks like she has backed down from alleging "someone" pushed Whitney down into the tub. She has steered it around to a little more rational discussion!

The talking head gossip mongers are having to admit that at least Cissy Houston has never said Bobbi Brown can't attend the funeral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Chambersburg PA
1,739 posts, read 1,759,744 times
Reputation: 1464
NG doesn't care about the truth, it's all about ratings. I wish she'd just go away. I know i wouldn't miss her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 18 days ago)
 
8,689 posts, read 10,839,690 times
Reputation: 12738
I heard her go crazy about something about that case. Sounded really nutty. Maybe she needs a vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 04:31 PM
 
1,730 posts, read 4,439,904 times
Reputation: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I think dear Nancy may be having a midlife crisis making outrageous claims that Whitney was pushed under water and pumped with drugs etc. when no such facts are in evidence. I understand that prescription pill abuse and the doctors that help perpetuate the abuse needs hard examination, but even some of the experts on her show sound like they think she has gone off the deep end and they rarely dare to go against her!

I hate how she naively blames Bobbie Brown as well. She hadn't been with him for 6 years. How does blaming him help? At the end of the day Whitney was responsible for herself may she RIP!

Fortunately, Nancy Grace is a prosecutor that thinks like a prosecutor, and it is difficult for most people to understand her reasoning, when it comes to legal matters because they are not into it. She was most likely talking about possibilities for WH death. Yes, there is a possibility that someone could have pushed her into the tube, if they stand to gain from her fame and fortune, it happens a lot,
in true-crime stories.


As far as WH ex BB, they had seen each other up to recently I read in one of those magazines. After all, they have a daughter. And yes, he stands to gain, in her death. Remember, let's not forget that WH was a young, church-going, naive girl who fell in love with this HOODLUM, who got her into hard drugs.

And as far as NG is concerned, America would not know what is happening to our little children, if it wasn't for her program. She fights hard for our children, and every parent with common-sense knows that we need someone like that............today more than ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,922,814 times
Reputation: 18050
I thnik alot of people are making guesses based on history and even information provided by so called friends.Quite common with celebrities and people who watch such programs tho.To tell you the truth ;I was not surprised by the news much less shocked just watching her interview on drug problems and seeng her decline in appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,775,798 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Yes, as a previous defender of hers, I see it more than ever now! I am watching her spout off gossip haphazarly over Whitney in kind of a shock and awe.
Owe you a rep.
After the Anthony thing last year ( imo a horrible failure of our justice system), I gave up on NG...she started out with possible good intentions, speaking for the victims, but now she is just a shrill sell-out for media ratings.

Its very sad that the deceased are used this way, regardless of what happened to whitney houston she clearly had alot of problems, and now the muckrackers are just making money off another tragedy...it really is sad, ten years ago the media was not this ssick, it really is a gore fest now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
 
3,320 posts, read 4,844,169 times
Reputation: 11125
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Fortunately, Nancy Grace is a prosecutor that thinks like a prosecutor, and it is difficult for most people to understand her reasoning, when it comes to legal matters because they are not into it. She was most likely talking about possibilities for WH death. Yes, there is a possibility that someone could have pushed her into the tube, if they stand to gain from her fame and fortune, it happens a lot,
in true-crime stories.


As far as WH ex BB, they had seen each other up to recently I read in one of those magazines. After all, they have a daughter. And yes, he stands to gain, in her death. Remember, let's not forget that WH was a young, church-going, naive girl who fell in love with this HOODLUM, who got her into hard drugs.

And as far as NG is concerned, America would not know what is happening to our little children, if it wasn't for her program. She fights hard for our children, and every parent with common-sense knows that we need someone like that............today more than ever.
Right which is why I always liked her, but I think even she realized she had to tone it down suggesting there was foul play. She was also sparring with Drew on his show playing prosecutor. She keeps pushing for others to acknowledge there is an investigation. I think it's just protocol and I don't think any doctors will come up on charges. I could be wrong. I get what angle she's coming in on but she was speculating quite a bit. I totally agree with her about prescription pill abuse but sometimes she seems out of touch on pop culture and her researching skills could be better.

I hope Whitney had her will up to date and picked others to handle it. Her daughter is 18 and she could have some kind of trust with Cissy at the helm perhaps or someone responsible Since her and Bobbi are divorced I hope he isn't part of it unless she included him separately somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 PM
 
3,320 posts, read 4,844,169 times
Reputation: 11125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Owe you a rep.
After the Anthony thing last year ( imo a horrible failure of our justice system), I gave up on NG...she started out with possible good intentions, speaking for the victims, but now she is just a shrill sell-out for media ratings.

Its very sad that the deceased are used this way, regardless of what happened to whitney houston she clearly had alot of problems, and now the muckrackers are just making money off another tragedy...it really is sad, ten years ago the media was not this ssick, it really is a gore fest now.
Agreed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top