Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Shes harsh. A lot of what she said was true with the exception of the Bobbie Brown comment. She draws parellels between Whitney Houstons death and Bobbie Brown as beneficiary and makes her own conclusion.

Susan Moss the family attorney has no volume control, I can't handle her screeching bizarre voice. Is this the best they can find for her program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times
It is strictly all about "The Ratings" Typical of many a prosecutor's mentality it is not about truth, it's about what will sell and who will win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I think dear Nancy may be having a midlife crisis making outrageous claims that Whitney was pushed under water and pumped with drugs etc. when no such facts are in evidence. I understand that prescription pill abuse and the doctors that help perpetuate the abuse needs hard examination, but even some of the experts on her show sound like they think she has gone off the deep end and they rarely dare to go against her!

I hate how she naively blames Bobbie Brown as well. She hadn't been with him for 6 years. How does blaming him help? At the end of the day Whitney was responsible for herself may she RIP!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Great points you all My heart has softened a bit for Ms. Grace catching bits and pieces of her show tonight where she admits taking quite a bit of heat over the last couple of days for her horse before the cart opinions and yes it looks like she has backed down from alleging "someone" pushed Whitney down into the tub. She has steered it around to a little more rational discussion!

The talking head gossip mongers are having to admit that at least Cissy Houston has never said Bobbi Brown can't attend the funeral.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
NG doesn't care about the truth, it's all about ratings. I wish she'd just go away. I know i wouldn't miss her.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I heard her go crazy about something about that case. Sounded really nutty. Maybe she needs a vacation.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:31 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Quote:
I think dear Nancy may be having a midlife crisis making outrageous claims that Whitney was pushed under water and pumped with drugs etc. when no such facts are in evidence. I understand that prescription pill abuse and the doctors that help perpetuate the abuse needs hard examination, but even some of the experts on her show sound like they think she has gone off the deep end and they rarely dare to go against her!

I hate how she naively blames Bobbie Brown as well. She hadn't been with him for 6 years. How does blaming him help? At the end of the day Whitney was responsible for herself may she RIP!

Fortunately, Nancy Grace is a prosecutor that thinks like a prosecutor, and it is difficult for most people to understand her reasoning, when it comes to legal matters because they are not into it. She was most likely talking about possibilities for WH death. Yes, there is a possibility that someone could have pushed her into the tube, if they stand to gain from her fame and fortune, it happens a lot,
in true-crime stories.

As far as WH ex BB, they had seen each other up to recently I read in one of those magazines. After all, they have a daughter. And yes, he stands to gain, in her death. Remember, let's not forget that WH was a young, church-going, naive girl who fell in love with this HOODLUM, who got her into hard drugs.

And as far as NG is concerned, America would not know what is happening to our little children, if it wasn't for her program. She fights hard for our children, and every parent with common-sense knows that we need someone like that............today more than ever.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I thnik alot of people are making guesses based on history and even information provided by so called friends.Quite common with celebrities and people who watch such programs tho.To tell you the truth ;I was not surprised by the news much less shocked just watching her interview on drug problems and seeng her decline in appearance.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Yes, as a previous defender of hers, I see it more than ever now! I am watching her spout off gossip haphazarly over Whitney in kind of a shock and awe.
Owe you a rep.
After the Anthony thing last year ( imo a horrible failure of our justice system), I gave up on NG...she started out with possible good intentions, speaking for the victims, but now she is just a shrill sell-out for media ratings.

Its very sad that the deceased are used this way, regardless of what happened to whitney houston she clearly had alot of problems, and now the muckrackers are just making money off another tragedy...it really is sad, ten years ago the media was not this ssick, it really is a gore fest now.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Fortunately, Nancy Grace is a prosecutor that thinks like a prosecutor, and it is difficult for most people to understand her reasoning, when it comes to legal matters because they are not into it. She was most likely talking about possibilities for WH death. Yes, there is a possibility that someone could have pushed her into the tube, if they stand to gain from her fame and fortune, it happens a lot,
in true-crime stories.

As far as WH ex BB, they had seen each other up to recently I read in one of those magazines. After all, they have a daughter. And yes, he stands to gain, in her death. Remember, let's not forget that WH was a young, church-going, naive girl who fell in love with this HOODLUM, who got her into hard drugs.

And as far as NG is concerned, America would not know what is happening to our little children, if it wasn't for her program. She fights hard for our children, and every parent with common-sense knows that we need someone like that............today more than ever.
Right which is why I always liked her, but I think even she realized she had to tone it down suggesting there was foul play. She was also sparring with Drew on his show playing prosecutor. She keeps pushing for others to acknowledge there is an investigation. I think it's just protocol and I don't think any doctors will come up on charges. I could be wrong. I get what angle she's coming in on but she was speculating quite a bit. I totally agree with her about prescription pill abuse but sometimes she seems out of touch on pop culture and her researching skills could be better.

I hope Whitney had her will up to date and picked others to handle it. Her daughter is 18 and she could have some kind of trust with Cissy at the helm perhaps or someone responsible Since her and Bobbi are divorced I hope he isn't part of it unless she included him separately somehow.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Owe you a rep.
After the Anthony thing last year ( imo a horrible failure of our justice system), I gave up on NG...she started out with possible good intentions, speaking for the victims, but now she is just a shrill sell-out for media ratings.

Its very sad that the deceased are used this way, regardless of what happened to whitney houston she clearly had alot of problems, and now the muckrackers are just making money off another tragedy...it really is sad, ten years ago the media was not this ssick, it really is a gore fest now.
Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime