U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,986,864 times

Advertisements

If you are following the Jason Young retrial, closing arguments were today, tomorrow the jury begins deliberations. The result of the first trial ended with a hung jury and a mistrial.

*snip*
"After 18 days of powerful testimony and evidence, the jury will begin to deliberate Friday morning on Young's fate. If convicted, he faces life in prison for the murder of 29-year-old Michelle Young.
She was beaten to death on November 3, 2006, while the couple’s two year-old daughter, Cassidy, was in the house. She was left unharmed."

Closing arguments in Jason Young case | HLNtv.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 PM

Jury returns to deliberate Monday 3-5-12...the first jury couldn't reach a verdict...So far the current jury has not ask any questions or for any evidence, there is a good possibility of another hung jury...

Old 03-05-2012, 03:05 PM

Default Jason Young Found Guilty

Today the jury did ask for a number of items...Jason Young Found Guilty! It kind of surprises me because the last jury was hung 8 or 10 Not Guilty... Jury instruction was a little different this time around, could have made a difference.

I do have a question about Michelle's little girl who sadly may have witnessed this horrific murder, when the little girl was in daycare she chose 2 GIRL dolls (she had a choice of boy & girl dolls) and reenacted the beating saying mommy is getting a beating for biting. What if a woman actually committed this brutal murder? The little girl never mentioned daddy, if she witnessed this I believe she would have recognized her father...

Old 03-05-2012, 03:14 PM

WOW! Sentenced already! Life in prison without possibility of parole...he was just taken to jail...

Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM

N.C. to investigate alleged juror misconduct in Jason Young murder trial... CNN Reports

Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 AM

10,053 posts, read 9,881,919 times
I saw that on the news tonight. They mentioned the childcare worker's testimony with the dolls.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 PM

I caught some of the childcare's testimony and I heard that the little girl chose 2 girl dolls as oppose to a male and female doll, that in of itself is very curious to me. Women can be just as strong and vicious as men, stranger things have happened. I wonder why the defense didn't capitalize on that, it seems as though his defense team did a lackluster job during his second trial.
I'm not saying whether or not he's guilty, but it seems as though he was convicted because he was a jerk and not based on evidence. It took the state 6 years to convict him, sometimes IMO prosecutors are more interested in the win as opposed to seeking the truth and any case can be spun to fit the evidence that IMO is scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I saw that on the news tonight. They mentioned the childcare worker's testimony with the dolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime