Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
As disgusting as this sounds, I expect that there are plenty of others that engage in such behavior...every day. No cure for stupid.
My story goes 2 ways.
Yes,I knew me and the first guy wanted to have sex.
Iwas well aware of that. It seemed more fun when I was "tipsy".

I guess it turned in to rape when the others had sex with me when I was passed out?
I diidnt know them,had never seen them in my life up until that point.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
The story of Kumbe Ginnane. Former university student in Colorado, and also an African-American male that recieved oral sex from a white female student on campus in 1992. No intercourse - just oral sex.

Weeks later he was charged with "rape" because she was drunk and he spent over 7 years in prison. To this day, he is a registered sex offender and he his life was destroyed.

This kind of thing happens all of the time in the United States.

the book: 'From Regret to Rape'

From Regret To Rape: The Reality Is Some Women Do Lie About Being Raped. Here Is How It Devastated My Life. at BiggerBooks.com - Ginnane, Kumbe, 9780595341337, Medical
Hence every woman will cry false rape.
Right.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
We are a local rape exam center (county).

Almost every single woman that the cops have called in an official rape exam was intoxicated (alcohol, drugs, or both).

So clearly you can claim rape if you've been drinking.

I think the other lesson here is the danger of drinking/using drugs outside of a safe environment (or even at home but alone...even with a guy you supposedly know and trust).

Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
If a woman says yes it's not rape even if she is drunk. You can't just change your mind the next day and call it rape.

What's next? Women charging their ex-husbands of rape? I can see it happen.
That wasn't the case in the OP.
The OP states get someone drunk to have sex with them.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post

This is like someone going to an ATM machine at 11pm in the worst part of town, getting mugged, then asking "What did I do wrong????"
I didn't do anything wrong. I have every right to be in any part of the city at any part of the day and take money out of an ATM. The mugger is ALWAYS wrong. I could be pooping gold bars out of my butt and vomiting cash into the gutter...but if someone else takes it, they are ALWAYS the one who is wrong.

Now...are there things you can do to prevent being the victim of crime? Yes. Would you be wise to do so? Yes. But are you WRONG if someone victimizes you? No.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 AM

1 posts, read 943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Don't try to blame the woman.
nobody is trying to blame the woman, but honestly, why would you put yourself in a situation like that? And to answer the original post, yes it is illegal and immoral. Just sayin'

Old 03-02-2012, 07:11 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Don't try to blame the woman.
Did he pour the alcohol down her throat? She is at least somewhat culpable in this situation.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Did he pour the alcohol down her throat? She is at least somewhat culpable in this situation.
She is at fault for being vulnerable and having less control? Doesn't that behoove the other people around her to behave more responsibly then?

I hate to think that we live in a society where the second someone is weak, people jump on them like a pack of hyenas and take advantage of them.

I will be telling my son NEVER to have sex with any woman who has been drinking. It's irresponsible...and it's clearly dangerous.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:18 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We are a local rape exam center (county).

Almost every single woman that the cops have called in an official rape exam was intoxicated (alcohol, drugs, or both).

So clearly you can claim rape if you've been drinking.

I think the other lesson here is the danger of drinking/using drugs outside of a safe environment (or even at home but alone...even with a guy you supposedly know and trust).
Very true. It's just a reality for women. They put themselves at risk even if they're at home. Drinking too much, without fear of a rape consequence, just isn't an option for women imo.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
What kind of question is this and why do you want to know?
Because I was in a situation like this. I went over to a guy's house and he insisted that I drink liquor to loosen up. He was trying to take advantage of me for sure. I didn't drink anything but I wondered if I had taken the drink and we had sex would it had been rape. Some say yes, and others say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime