U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times

Advertisements

It seems they protect and look after their own.

The Florida Bar has cleared two complaints against attorney Jose Baez after finding no probable cause. Judge Perry did fine Baez $583 for failing to share info with the prosecution.

The Bar unanimously voted to clear Baez of failing to share discovery information with the prosecution prior to the trial and Baez's failure to disclose to the court that Casey Anthony was being allowed to serve probation for her check-fraud case while in jail.

Casey Anthony Jose Baez complaints dismissed: Florida Bar dismissed complaints against Jose Baez in Casey Anthony case. - OrlandoSentinel.com

It appears Jose has a new LLC filed January 30, 2012. The BMG Law Group, same address as his Baez firm so perhaps he isn't moving to Miami.

Detail by Officer/Registered Agent Name
Florida Limited Liability Company
BMG LAW GROUP, LLC
Filing Information
Document Number L12000013873
FEI/EIN Number NONE
Date Filed 01/30/2012
State FL
Status ACTIVE
Effective Date 01/27/2012
Principal Address
522 SIMPSON ROAD
KISSIMMEE FL 34744 US
Mailing Address
522 SIMPSON ROAD
KISSIMMEE FL 34744
Registered Agent Name & Address
MANTO, RONALD J ESQUIRE
2030 S. DOUGLAS ROAD
SUITE 214
CORAL GABLES FL 33134 US
Manager/Member Detail
Name & Address
Title MGRM
BAEZ, JOSE A ESQUIRE
522 SIMPSON ROAD
KISSIMMEE FL 34744 US
Title MGRM
MANTO, RONALD J ESQUIRE
2030 S. DOUGLAS ROAD, SUITE 214
CORAL GABLES FL 33134 US
Title MGRM
GONZALEZ, JUAN M ESQUIRE
3971 SW 8TH STREET, SUITE 310
CORAL GABLES FL 33134 US
Annual Reports
No Annual Reports Filed
Document Images
01/30/2012 -- Florida Limited Liability
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM

403 posts, read 518,096 times
What do you mean they protect and look after their own? They investigated. It didn't warrant having him disbarred.

I wish people would learn to recognize when a lawyer has actually done something worthy of being disbarred and when people are just not happy with the outcome of a case. This is ridiculous. I'm sure many complaints were from disgruntled citizens because of the verdict. Smh. And the Bar handled the actual legitimate allegations. So what exactly is the issue?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:00 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
What do you mean they protect and look after their own? They investigated. It didn't warrant having him disbarred.

I wish people would learn to recognize when a lawyer has actually done something worthy of being disbarred and when people are just not happy with the outcome of a case. This is ridiculous. I'm sure many complaints were from disgruntled citizens because of the verdict. Smh. And the Bar handled the actual legitimate allegations. So what exactly is the issue?
Of course they investigate, their own and take care of their own ... I am not speaking of disbarring ... but there is things such as reprimands. The Bar Association did send Baez a letter reminding him that it's his responsibly to uphold professional standards.

The legal profession and the medical profession protect and take care of their own. You can 'smh' all you want but this is the truth. Baez is a total embarrassment to the legal profession.

Jose Baez thinks “disjustice” is a word. He went to the lowest ranked law school in FLA, if not the entire USA. The Florida Bar was right to refuse him admission for 8 years following his graduation. It took him so long to get admitted that is usually a tell tale sign that someone has no business practicing law to begin with. It’s high time the Bar returns to its original position in respect of Baez: He’s unfit.

His performance in the Anthony case underscores the notion that he doesn’t seem to know the cases, the statutes, the rules of procedure or the Rules of Professional Conduct. He appears to think lying is lawyering. Baez made a material misrepresentation to the court in a pretrial hearing and, during the trial. Baez testified to facts not in evidence .... attorneys should not be testifying. The trial was a travesty and I cannot believe the court allowed Mr. Baez to put on a “drowned in the pool defense” when nothing in the record suggested a drowning other than Mr. Baez’s quasi-testimony.

Baez made a habit of intentionally ignoring Court Orders. IMHO, he has no business being an “officer of the court” and he’s a disgrace to the profession. Attorneys and the Bar Association are unworthy of the privilege of self-regulation if they do not remove unethical and incompetent people like Baez from their ranks.

Yes he won the case ... not because of his excellent legal knowledge and professional skill as an attorney only because Jose Baez just lucked out with the dumbest jury out there and they liked Baez.

I am beyond this Anthony mess ... she will receive her just rewards payback is hell.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:43 AM

Um that DOES constitute a reprimand. Are you a lawyer?

And do you actually know why his bar results were sealed for that long? I don't think you do. You are just making up your own facts as you go. Again, you are upset about the verdict. Otherwise you would also recognize that prosecutors do unethical things as well. They destroy evidence. They lie. I would argue that the DA should have been reprimanded as well for some of his behavior. Not to mention that he clearly overcharged her and that's why he multi lately lost the case.

And what does it tell you that with all of the ignorance you claim Baez has about the law, that he STILL won the case? The DA should feel even worse going by what you have stated because it means this veteran prosecutor lost against someone not so bright by your standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Of course they investigate, their own and take care of their own ... I am not speaking of disbarring ... but there is things such as reprimands. The Bar Association did send Baez a letter reminding him that it's his responsibly to uphold professional standards.

The legal profession and the medical profession protect and take care of their own. You can 'smh' all you want but this is the truth. Baez is a total embarrassment to the legal profession.

Jose Baez thinks “disjustice” is a word. He went to the lowest ranked law school in FLA, if not the entire USA. The Florida Bar was right to refuse him admission for 8 years following his graduation. It took him so long to get admitted that is usually a tell tale sign that someone has no business practicing law to begin with. It’s high time the Bar returns to its original position in respect of Baez: He’s unfit.

His performance in the Anthony case underscores the notion that he doesn’t seem to know the cases, the statutes, the rules of procedure or the Rules of Professional Conduct. He appears to think lying is lawyering. Baez made a material misrepresentation to the court in a pretrial hearing and, during the trial. Baez testified to facts not in evidence .... attorneys should not be testifying. The trial was a travesty and I cannot believe the court allowed Mr. Baez to put on a “drowned in the pool defense” when nothing in the record suggested a drowning other than Mr. Baez’s quasi-testimony.

Baez made a habit of intentionally ignoring Court Orders. IMHO, he has no business being an “officer of the court” and he’s a disgrace to the profession. Attorneys and the Bar Association are unworthy of the privilege of self-regulation if they do not remove unethical and incompetent people like Baez from their ranks.

Yes he won the case ... not because of his excellent legal knowledge and professional skill as an attorney only because Jose Baez just lucked out with the dumbest jury out there and they liked Baez.

I am beyond this Anthony mess ... she will receive her just rewards payback is hell.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times
I agree with CarolinaWoman in her second post. (I hate recopying long posts. Wasted space, to me and lazy to boot.) Jose Baez was a joke and no, he didn't win the case in my eyes. The jury wanted to send a message to us Central Fl yokels....JMO. They were pillared in the court of public opinion and rightfully so. The verdict stands but I do not nor will I ever concede that Jose Baez won that case.
And, if you do not believe that the AMA stands by its own and that the "thin blue line" protects it own and that colleges do not protect their tenured professors and likewise, the teachers unions, you live in an unrealistic world.
Lawyers protect their own, as well. I had a lawyer for a client and a real deadbeat. Other lawyers knew he was a deadbeat but, they would not take him to small claims court.....for themselves, the money he owed them or for me....he was subsequently disbarred for egregious acts of misconduct that he had been practicing for years.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM

Well as long as you recognize that in the eyes of the law he won the case. It doesn't matter what the public thinks. The public can't do anything about it.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,837,996 times
I often think if Casey had been convicted she may have had a case for ineffective counsel with regards to Baez...Baez doesn't bother me as much as Cheney Mason does...Baez hit the lottery and knew this was the only shot he was ever gonna get at the big time and he took his best shot...Mason on the other hand was a well respected man before this trial but I think Casey ruined the reputation he took years to build!This is JMHO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or