Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I could have thrown my shoe at the t.v. when that idiot claimed the (American) jury didn't understand the law. He displayed a detached, cold, arrogance that is so typical of someone who doesn't like this country but think they are so superior to Americans. Cold and mean spirited for no reason.

Hopefull, he will learn a few things in prison about respecting Americans and how the guys treat young prisoners in jail.
What's worse is that there are so many Americans that don't wake up, and let people like this come to our country and walk all over us, mistreat our citizens and we bend over backwards to make them out to be the innocent ones and stick up for them.

Wake up America, this guy is trash and doesn't deserve anything. I wish the worst for this mean spirited arrogant dirtball.

It isn't the Americans who don't know the law, it is this Indian who comes to our country and thinks he can use Indian logic in our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 12:30 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
I live in the Bay area so really hear you. Colleges today work to keep Americans out of their classes because they can get more federal dollars by bringing in anything else. However, regardless of where they come from, people like Ravi should have outgrown such behavior before starting grade school. Even if he were filming heterosex, there was an expectaion of privacy in the dorm room and Ravi, in my opinion, was very mean spirited resulting in inviting others to participatewith his behavior. If his room mate was Indian, I wonder whether he would have gone public with his video. Hopefully, the guys in prision will give him a good education.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 AM

609 posts, read 2,242,594 times
Quote:
I live in the Bay area so really hear you. Colleges today work to keep Americans out of their classes because they can get more federal dollars by bringing in anything else. However, regardless of where they come from, people like Ravi should have outgrown such behavior before starting grade school. Even if he were filming heterosex, there was an expectaion of privacy in the dorm room and Ravi, in my opinion, was very mean spirited resulting in inviting others to participatewith his behavior. If his room mate was Indian, I wonder whether he would have gone public with his video. Hopefully, the guys in prision will give him a good education.
What does your living in the Bay area has to do with anything unless you are trying to imply that all the jobs in the Bay area have been taken by outsiders and you feel that is unfair to you.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
What's worse is that there are so many Americans that don't wake up, and let people like this come to our country and walk all over us, mistreat our citizens and we bend over backwards to make them out to be the innocent ones and stick up for them.

Wake up America, this guy is trash and doesn't deserve anything. I wish the worst for this mean spirited arrogant dirtball.

It isn't the Americans who don't know the law, it is this Indian who comes to our country and thinks he can use Indian logic in our country.
He is American educated...He has been here since 10 yrs of age. This is not a racial crime, it is a hate crime. I think he should never be allowed to use the internet, and some sort of jail sentence. He should also be made to go and give presentations or something to young people, like drunk drivers sometimes do. This is a very sad case...sadder yet because this probably happens a lot to young people, of all ages in the form of bullying an intimidation.... we just don't always hear about it. Our country has so much hate....I grew up in the 60's....Lord I had thought by now things would be different, better. In some cases they are worse.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:17 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerclaws View Post
What does your living in the Bay area has to do with anything unless you are trying to imply that all the jobs in the Bay area have been taken by outsiders and you feel that is unfair to you.
All you have to do is drive by any school or business in the area and you can see for yourself. Go to myvisajobs.com to see the huge salaries they are paid, but that is off topic for this thread. The invasion of privacy and intimidation by ravi is disgusting. Sadly a talented young man was lost because of Ravi not understanding that someone else's private time should not exploited just for his cheap thrill or jealousy. I wouldn't want to work with someone like that as you won't even feel safe using the restroom knowing his bias for invading privacy! Ravi may have been here since he was ten but his parents failed to teach him, or don't know, basic American respect so what they didn't teach him, the world will.

Last edited by Heidi60; 03-26-2012 at 11:30 AM..

Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 PM

609 posts, read 2,242,594 times
Quote:
All you have to do is drive by any school or business in the area and you can see for yourself. Go to myvisajobs.com to see the huge salaries they are paid, but that is off topic for this thread. The invasion of privacy and intimidation by ravi is disgusting. Sadly a talented young man was lost because of Ravi not understanding that someone else's private time should not exploited just for his cheap thrill or jealousy. I wouldn't want to work with someone like that as you won't even feel safe using the restroom knowing his bias for invading privacy! Ravi may have been here since he was ten but his parents failed to teach him, or don't know, basic American respect so what they didn't teach him, the world will.

Again I am seeing traces of racist tones in you comments (drive by to any school or business). Maybe you should move to the redneck country.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Invasion of privacy and nothing else.
Agreed.

and what, praytell, is "bias intimidation"? It sounds like another phony balony progressive law designed to control how and what people think.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Again I am seeing traces of racist tones in you comments (drive by to any school or business). Maybe you should move to the redneck country.
When you have no arguments and you're going to lose, play the race card. The point of an idiot

Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM

501 posts, read 1,473,814 times
Quote:
Political correctness gone amok.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:51 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcredux View Post
Of the people wanting Ravi to see prison time, I wonder how many would want Tyler Clementi's mother to see prison time as well? After all, she was the one who rebuked Tyler and expressed disappointment when he came out. And that is just as likely to have influenced his suicide than Ravi's webcam.

Anyone care to explain how Ravi was biased Under the law but Tyler's mother wasn't?
The suicide has no bearing in the case. Only the bullying/intimidation and invasion of privacy.

And, last I looked, it's not illegal to cause disappointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime