Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:20 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times

Advertisements

Forgive me for no link...read the article at
huffingtonpost.com
(under sports)

Jerry Sandusky's behavior and actions, as well as being called a "likely pedophile" were reported in 1998 to Penn State police...by a psychologist!

The boy informed his mother of Sandusky's sexual behavior with him, and she called in a psychologist to work with her son. The psychologist in turn notified the police after her discussions with the boy, who is one of many currently listed as a Sandusky victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 02:02 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,322 times
Are you kidding me! So back then, way back then, this could have been / should have been investigated and was not. With so many of the school officials, faculty and even some law enforcement officers knowing what was happening and/or potentially going on, nothing further was done or investigated?!! How many victims could have been spared the anguish, no less, the assaults?

Jeez, once again, this reflects to me, the issue of accountability, or lack thereof. Is anyone going to step up to the plate and say, yes, I knew, I did not do anything and I am sorry, truly sorry. I might have been able to prevent at least one victim from being hurt. Sometimes I wonder how people can sleep at night.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:08 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Not just other coachs but now law enforcement knew... for years ahead of his final arrests.

This is the most blatant of fails... so many knew and could have/should have pushed hard to verify/arrest this scumbag.

I too wonder, sugarmaple, how these cowardly people are sleeping...

especially the coach who witnessed a boy raped and said nothing.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 PM

I wonder, Greatblue, if it is not more than just being cowardly - can it really be indifference? I am wondering if cowardly is almost better than being indifferent and that alone, is not excusable either. Can people really not care that much or if it does not affect them, then why bother? I would certainly hope not.

I wonder how many of those who are cowardly or indifferent would feel if it were there child, or nephew or niece who was assaulted and no-one did anything, including law enforcement, and they later learned that their loved one could have been saved anguish if.... and that cycle begins again.

As we so often say...."don't judge until you have walked in someone else's shoes" should also include... "I wonder how I would feel about X or Y if I walked in their shoes"

Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Forgive me for no link...read the article at
huffingtonpost.com
(under sports)

Jerry Sandusky's behavior and actions, as well as being called a"likely pedophile" were reported in 1998 to Penn State police...by a psychologist!

The boy informed his mother of Sandusky's sexual behavior with him, and she called in a psychologist to work with her son. The psychologist in turn notified the police after her discussions with the boy, who is one of many currently listed as a Sandusky victim.

Oh... no...not their Jerry

An imbecile could guess the guys a sick in the mind pedophile.

I hope he files suit against Penn State for turning their back, and protecting a coach instead of a student, whose tuition payed their salaries.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:52 PM

I hope he files suit against Penn State for turning their back, and protecting a coach instead of a student, whose tuition payed their salaries.

I would think Penn State would offer a settlement as fast as possible to avoid further humiliation, consequences, and/or undoubtedly, more lawsuits.

Out of curiosity, because I do not recall hearing whether it was done or not, has Penn State yet made a formal public announcement saying we will assume some responsibility in this case because we did not..... / and if they have not, why haven't they?

Old 03-24-2012, 05:01 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Kidding right? Penn State has banks of lawyers to attempt to protect itself. With the new report people are ducking for cover. Sandusky is a dangerous man.

Don't be surprised if he goes out with a bang.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
This is the MSNBC link to the story ... you can click on the 1998 police report and the child psychologist's report from May 1998!!! That is almost 14 years ago ... there is no telling how many little boys Sandusky did molest.

Sandusky labeled 'likely pedophile' in 1998 report - TODAY People - TODAY.com

Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Most folks posting on this topic have no idea of just how commonly this happens. I see literally hundreds of sex offenders on a daily basis and interact with them. Most are white, educated, have good jobs, are heterosexual and .... go to church every sunday.

Most of the pedophiles know their victims. And it was MUCH MUCH more common in the old days and never really became publicized until the last two decades or so.

Everyone seems so surprised at the turn of events. Yet, I would be willing to bet 75% of you folks knows someone who was molested or sexually abused or a perpetrator of such acts. You just don't know it yet, because you have not been told.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Most folks posting on this topic have no idea of just how commonly this happens. I see literally hundreds of sex offenders on a daily basis and interact with them. Most are white, educated, have good jobs, are heterosexual and .... go to church every sunday.

Most of the pedophiles know their victims. And it was MUCH MUCH more common in the old days and never really became publicized until the last two decades or so.

Everyone seems so surprised at the turn of events. Yet, I would be willing to bet 75% of you folks knows someone who was molested or sexually abused or a perpetrator of such acts. You just don't know it yet, because you have not been told.
Surprised by what, the documentation he is a pedophile or the fact he molested.? I'm surprised by neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime