Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times

Advertisements

The prosecutor is attempting to push the angle that the shooter thought Jamiel was a gang member.

Prosecutor: Backpack Convinced Suspect Jamiel Shaw Was Gang Rival

A spider man backpack is gangster?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Not sure why this is news though.
I'm following this because Shaw's murderer, Pedro Espinoza, should never have been out on the streets that soon after his prior drug arrest, because Shaw was an innocent kid whose life got snuffed out, because I'm following what might happen to Special Order 40--which has prevented LAPD officers from determining the immigration status of gang members, violent criminals, and felons--and because I hope that in the future, there will be less of a possibility that someone with a drug conviction will have such easy access to a firearm.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
I dont mean why are you posting it, i meant why is it national news when there are tons of crimes just like this, but you have already answered that and I am satisfied with your answer

Old 05-03-2012, 01:09 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The prosecutor is attempting to push the angle that the shooter thought Jamiel was a gang member.

Prosecutor: Backpack Convinced Suspect Jamiel Shaw Was Gang Rival

A spider man backpack is gangster?
It didn't help matters that Jamiel Shaw had a page on MySpace in which he pretended to be a Blood, had a picture of himself wearing a red rag on the page, and filled the page with Blood content and threats against Crips and against 18th Street. While it is doubtful he was an actual gangbanger, he was a "wanna be" who knew actual Bloods. Espinoza, or perhaps Espinoza's 18th Street friends, saw the page and thought that he was an actual Blood. Thus when they went out to kill a Blood and saw him, they killed him.

A red backpack in a neighborhood that is home to a Blood set worn by a young black man is a signal that said young man is a Blood.

In cyberspace no one can tell the difference between a wanna be ("e-banger") and an actual gangbanger. To real gangbangers, someone who calls themself a Blood, poses as a Blood, and makes threats against gangs who are at war with Bloods, is a Blood. Especially if in real life they have Blood friends and wear red in a Blood area.

If Shaw's parents had paid closer attention to what their son was doing he probably would be alive today.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
This topic is being discussed under Politics and other controversies.
Jury selected for Jamiel Shaw murder case

Please direct all comments to this link. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime