Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 12:04 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/34...ears-on/#page1

The general consensus is that it was still a group of child traffickers involved.
Why would they leave the twins?

Wouldn't they have brought big money in black market adoption?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Most people I know with knowledge of the case think the parents did it.
Her parents' behavior about the safety of their children was very careless. They have the money to provide better care for their children while they were out, and did not do it. Why? They left their place unlocked. Why? They are well educated people, and yet their behavior was that of idiots. Why?

Nothing about the parents' activities in regard to their children was what one would expect of educated professionals. If this had happened to Portuguese parents, they would have been put on trial for neglect. Only their British nationality and the theatrics of the couple and the Brit press saved their rears ends from prison.

They should have been put on trial here for child neglect. And the search for the missing child continued.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:42 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I really doubt that child traffickers are involved. How many cases of lost children have there been with verifiable child traffickers? None that I've heard about that I would put much credence in. It's like the sex slavery rings that people blame for some high profile kidnap victims. Child traffickers and sex slavery rings are not going to pick victims that will draw a lot of publicity. They focus on victims where there will be little police involvement and no publicity. These are usually children and women from poorer countries (non-English speaking) who will not be able to contact family members or the authorities. Too much risk otherwise.

For cases like Madeleine McCann it is either someone known to the victim (relative, friend of the family etc) or an unknown sex offender. Not sure I go with Madeleine just wandering off as I'm sure someone would have seen her in a resort setting or if something happened like an accident you would expect to find a body.

I just think child traffickers is a red herring. Of course this is just my opinion.
Well seeing as how her parents drugged her before they went out I'm guessing she didn't walk out on her own.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:00 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Well seeing as how her parents drugged her before they went out I'm guessing she didn't walk out on her own.
I'm convinced that's exactly what happened. They drugged her and she died as a result. I don't think they meant to do it; it was an accident, but still criminal. They disposed of the body and claimed it was a kidnapping.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:10 AM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I'm convinced that's exactly what happened. They drugged her and she died as a result. I don't think they meant to do it; it was an accident, but still criminal. They disposed of the body and claimed it was a kidnapping.
Whilst this is a possible and credible theory, I do not think they had the time frame to be able to hide and/or discard of a body, even that of a 3 year old.
Doctors (and other similar professionals) do have access to drugs that others don't, so there is that other aspect to consider.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why would they leave the twins?

Wouldn't they have brought big money in black market adoption?
Grabbing 3 young children at once would be far more difficult than just 1, and more likely to create a scene.
Or the individual/s just panicked.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:22 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
Quote:
I just can't see this is a real possibility. I have a very hard time believing that both a mother and a father who seemed to be normal parents could both shake off their horror and grief quickly enough to devise a scheme to dispose of the body in a place that was unfamiliar to them and be successful enough at it to not get caught. Additionally, I can't imagine that even if they did accomplish this, that over the past ten or so years that neither of them would turn on the other.

If it had been only one parent - just the mom or just the dad - perhaps I could believe that they concocted a quick cover-up of an accidental death, but I don't believe that two parents could collectively and quickly choose that option, follow-through and stay quiet.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:05 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Whilst this is a possible and credible theory, I do not think they had the time frame to be able to hide and/or discard of a body, even that of a 3 year old.
Doctors (and other similar professionals) do have access to drugs that others don't, so there is that other aspect to consider.
The problem is that the time line has largely been based on the word of the McCanns and their friends. What time was Madeleine last seen by a witness outside of this group?

Old 04-23-2017, 02:21 PM

Some possible inside knowledge??:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nig...mystery/#page1

We are now coming up to the 10 year anniversary of Maddie's disappearance, which was on May 3 2007.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:10 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
The old Casey Anthony trick with the same results, huhn? Very possible. I have believed the parents had something to do with it all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime