U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you buy Jose Baez's book?
yes 0 0%
no 33 97.06%
undecided 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,786,494 times

Advertisements

So we Knew it was coming...... the news that Baez was publishing a book telling his side of the story is breaking approx. one year after the jury selection began in Clearwater for the Casey Anthony trial. Will you buy and read the book? Before you answer, consider the following.....

If you are expecting any type of revelations as to Casey Anthony's true guilt or innocence, you need to learn a little about the laws a lawyer is bound by when it comes to atty/client privilege. Without a waver from Casey Anthony herself, no such information can legaly be given in any type of publication. Since the two reportedly had a falling out, I doubt any such waver was given. Infact, Baez won't be able to reveal ANYTHING that Casey told him or otherwise discussed behind closed doors despite the promise by BenBella Books to tell
Quote:
"shocking, never before revealed information including defense secrets "
That is merely a bait and switch to fool you into thinking you might get some kind of juicy details, which you wont. If you expect to you will be thoroughly disappointed. The only thing he will be able to talk about is possible strategies, tactics, etc. etc.

I don't have anything against him exercising his 1st ammendment rights just as Jeff Ashton did. I wouldn't mind reading it just to get his personal side of the story. However, the emotional side of me is just sick at the thought of giving this man my money. That outweighs any interest I might have of reading his book. I say let it fall to the 50 cent rack of the local department store where it belongs. Besides, what can he tell us that we don't already know, or that we would care to know?

So, will you buy it?

"Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony; The Inside Story" Jose Baez Writes His Own Book Set To Release In July '12

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 05-08-2012 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 PM

500 posts, read 614,985 times
No. No one from that dreaded case gets one red cent from me. Nor will I watch any interviews they give. Notice how her million dollar interview never took place. I don't think any network would touch it for fear of backlash.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,894,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So we Knew it was coming......

If you are expecting any type of revelations as to Casey Anthony's true guilt or innocence, you need to learn a little about the laws a lawyer is bound by when it comes to atty/client privilege.
Honestly hadn't thought about it.

Why... theres still crucial revelations, courtroom drama, flnger flipping, and crocodile tears.

Legally, he can discuss George, Cindy, Lee, and Kronk the meter reader.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Honestly hadn't thought about it.

Why... theres still crucial revelations, courtroom drama, flnger flipping, and crocodile tears.

Legally, he can discuss George, Cindy, Lee, and Kronk the meter reader.
Correct. He can discuss those people and I believe I read in the article that he does discuss G&C Anthony aand the way they behaved.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:45 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
He is such a sleaze ball, the pages will be slimy and I do not want to contribute one penny to Mr. Baez.

He is saying now it took the entire $200,000 that ABC News paid for the videos and pics to defend Casey Anthony ... in other words he didn't get any of that money. I realize legal charges are expensive but the Florida taxpayers footed a large amount of that bill .... Dr. Spitz, the plant lady, the grief lady, Dr. Huntington ... somebody had to pay those people.

He and Casey both are fading out into the sunset and not receiving all the fanfare/publicity they expected .... Happy trails to them ... just go away!

Old 05-10-2012, 02:15 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,894,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
He is such a sleaze ball, the pages will be slimy and I do not want to contribute one penny to Mr. Baez.

He is saying now it took the entire $200,000 that ABC News paid for the videos and pics to defend Casey Anthony ... in other words he didn't get any of that money. I realize legal charges are expensive but the Florida taxpayers footed a large amount of that bill .... Dr. Spitz, the plant lady, the grief lady, Dr. Huntington ... somebody had to pay those people.

He and Casey both are fading out into the sunset and not receiving all the fanfare/publicity they expected .... Happy trails to them ... just go away!
Thought I'd mention, Cayleefund.org has reappeared.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:50 PM

9,528 posts, read 4,870,157 times
I'll borrow it from the library, same as I did with Ashton's book.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
They must have blown all their other money on bells and whistles.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Quote:

Thanks Virgode, I pulled it up but some sections are still not complete ... you think maybe I would have to send money to be the Monthly Grandparent? I don't think anyone wants to win that category.

Also there is an "s" after Caylee Welcome to CayleesFund.org! ... the Contact Us is their lawyer's address.

George and Cindy have both fell off of the radar.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:16 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,777,641 times
Quote:
Since Caylee is dead, I will donate to legitimate causes where there are missing children

Not to websites run by lawyers, esp Baez. Hope his book is a flop.
Sick of yellow journalism and attys and lawyers making money off the dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or