Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:15 AM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times

Advertisements

Read and make up your own conclusion...
Zodiac Killer - Suspect Arthur Lee Allen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 01:25 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Read and make up your own conclusion...
Zodiac Killer - Suspect Arthur Lee Allen
"Fingerprint comparisons, palm print comparisons, handwriting comparisons, and DNA comparisons appear to exonerate Allen, and more than three decades of investigation by police, the media and amateur sleuths failed to produce any credible evidence to link the so-called "prime suspect" to the Zodiac crimes."

There is absolutely not ONE SHRED of physical evidence implicating Allen. He was one of the most investigated suspects in US history, by many different law enforcement agencies and not one shred of evidence pointed to him. In fact, it all pointed away from him, with the exception of a few peoples "personal opinion" it was him.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
This story has already been debunked. Its not true, nor has it ever been. Arthur Allen WAS a good, solid suspect. However, after a lot of investigation, it has been PROVEN Allen is not the killer.

Before people start throwing around BS. They should really take some time and look into the facts. Not speculation.
Exactly what I've heard. The perpetrator is most likely dead or, if alive, very old. Still, it would provide some real "closure" if they could identify who it was/is.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:54 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Several years ago I read about references to a "Mr. X" (his name was never released as he was supposedly a well known Bay Area business tycoon). Has anything concrete ever been established linking him to the killings?

One of the 'clues' given about "Mr. X" is that he lived in Presido Heights in 1969 very close to where Paul Stine (the last Zodiac victim) was killed.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:07 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Several years ago I read about references to a "Mr. X" (his name was never released as he was supposedly a well known Bay Area business tycoon). Has anything concrete ever been established linking him to the killings?

One of the 'clues' given about "Mr. X" is that he lived in Presido Heights in 1969 very close to where Paul Stine (the last Zodiac victim) was killed.
You might be thinking of Richard Gaikowski

Zodiac Suspect Richard Gaikowski, aka Dick Gaik, Dick Gike, Dick Gyke

Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
It's not Gaikowski. It was Mike Rodelli's suspect.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 PM

Default The Zodiac - your theory

Another California weirdo: the Zodiac killer. They say that, with today's advanced technology and DNA, they would have had him.

There was that deceased janitor in Contra Costa County that was cleared off the list when certain things didn't link up but was, for a long time, considered to be the Zodiac. There is nobody else that has been identified as the probable Zodiac that has since died.

What's your theory? I only have two:
1) He became older and figured he'd get closer to getting caught, and he ducked out of sight, so he's an old man - either dead, or alive and feeble.
2) He was truly sick and killed himself - I wonder if they rummaged through subsequent suicides and tried to match any to the Zodiac.

One of the weirdest crime cases ever.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:19 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Zodiac Killer...Crime Library

The Zodiac Killer / Zodiac Murders - Full Story — The Zodiac Killer — Crime Library on truTV.com

Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Yes, I remember the fear he instilled. However, there is no DNA match to anybody they've fingered. I think he's dead. Still, knowing who he is, and what his current "status" is, would provide closure.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:13 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,590 times
i know that the janitor you speak of, arthur lee allen, was fond of letting other folks lick his envelopes for him, and no that is not a euphemism for something! allen was clever, very, very clever. he was a perpetual student with a deep interest and sometime career in chemistry. i think he was smart enough to consider what could be found in years to come in the saliva left on the flap of an envelope. i think he prepared for that.

the evidence against him is overwhelming. i wouldn't want to make the same mistake that the SFPD did, which was to discount him due to the fingerprints found on the cab not matching or the handwriting. he wrote with both hands, and well.

the zodiac is one of the creepiest cases ever. its like jack the ripper, with a gun and some stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime