U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,658,390 times

Advertisements

Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, Serial Killer and Rapist Team — All For Love — Crime Library on truTV.com

For you true crime followers, this case is very interesting and has a lot to offer. I went to an FBI debrief on this, by the profiler who did the case for the RCMP. It was quite interesting.

Biggest interest was the fact Karla cut a deal and only spent a few years in prison. Very shrewd on her part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,177,226 times
Yes...but did they store the body in the trunk of the Barbie Car, before disposing of it?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:00 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Looks like this pair was a whole season of "Law and Order".

Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Looks like this pair was a whole season of "Law and Order".
They video taped their "encounters." Paul Bernardo is a sexual sadist and Karla wasn't a saint.

When caught, Karla played the "battered wife" syndrome game. Then made a 7 yr prison deal to testify against him. After she got the plea deal signed off on, she told her attorney where the video tapes were hidden in their house. The police missed them after extensive searches. After viewing the tapes, they showed Karla was just as much a willing participant as her husband. Of course, it was too late, she already made the deal.

The video's are so offensive, the families of the victims petitioned the court to not have them released. The court agreed. No. I've never seen the video's, only had what was on them described to me.

There was huge uproar in Canada when Karla was released. She is now remarried and had a child.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:54 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
As I read the each chapter...I recalled either a "Law and Order" episode or an "SVU" episode that seemed similar....

Truth is definitely stranger than fiction. Or in this case....sicker. Who could make up a twisted couple like this?! Sick. And the fact that this psychopath got free....and has a child...shudder.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
As I read the each chapter...I recalled either a "Law and Order" episode or an "SVU" episode that seemed similar....

Truth is definitely stranger than fiction. Or in this case....sicker. Who could make up a twisted couple like this?! Sick. And the fact that this psychopath got free....and has a child...shudder.
Yes. Karla was briefly arrested after being released on a "parole violation." However, when it came time for her parole hearing, they dropped everything and she was again released. Has been out ever since.

She made TV program about the killings, which was basically denounced. It was quite self serving, she never apologized to the families, and basically made herself out to be the victim. Its available on DVD, however I am not quite sure how to get it. Really don't want to see it.

Anyway, this case was the spark to get me into criminal profiling (quite the amateur). The ins and outs of this case are quite dramatic. I'm not sure if that site explains, however, this is how sick these two really are.

After killing Karla's 15 yr old sister, they chopped her up and put her in cement blocks. After which, they put the blocks in a lake behind their house. There is actual video of some sort of family celebration with Paul and Karla and in the background of the video, you can see the RCMP pulling out the blocks of cement, containing her sister.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:05 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yes. Karla was briefly arrested after being released on a "parole violation." However, when it came time for her parole hearing, they dropped everything and she was again released. Has been out ever since.

She made TV program about the killings, which was basically denounced. It was quite self serving, she never apologized to the families, and basically made herself out to be the victim. Its available on DVD, however I am not quite sure how to get it. Really don't want to see it.

Anyway, this case was the spark to get me into criminal profiling (quite the amateur). The ins and outs of this case are quite dramatic. I'm not sure if that site explains, however, this is how sick these two really are.

After killing Karla's 15 yr old sister, they chopped her up and put her in cement blocks. After which, they put the blocks in a lake behind their house. There is actual video of some sort of family celebration with Paul and Karla and in the background of the video, you can see the RCMP pulling out the blocks of cement, containing her sister.
Psychopaths. After chapter 22, I didn't see any point in reading further.

If it weren't for the first attorney hired, who retrieved the video tapes he held onto for a year & a half, she would never have gotten a plea deal.

Unfortunate shes someones mother.

Unless you're law enforcement, an attorney, or a jury, who in their right mind would have an interest in viewing the tapes.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:32 PM

7,495 posts, read 9,763,217 times
That is just sick! Nobody ever pointed a gun to this woman's head and said she had to stay with this sicko. Proof? He has EX-GIRLFRIENDS!!! Whether or not she was seriously mentally ill, I guess the professionals know better than I do. I like to think that if they thought she was a serious danger to society they would've kept her locked up, but I don't know. The disparity between the treatment of male and female offenders seriously has to stop! This girl helped murder her own sister! How her family can live with this, I have no idea. They're very strong people. They should've locked this woman up and thrown away the key.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:51 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,779,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Psychopaths. After chapter 22, I didn't see any point in reading further.

If it weren't for the first attorney hired, who retrieved the video tapes he held onto for a year & a half, she would never have gotten a plea deal.

Unfortunate shes someones mother.

Unless you're law enforcement, an attorney, or a jury, who in their right mind would have an interest in viewing the tapes.
Agree.
After what she did to her young sister this is just sad. Very disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime