Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: will you watch this lifetime movie about Casey Anthony?
Yes 4 19.05%
No 15 71.43%
Undecided 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,440,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Not watching the movie. No interest in fiction.

I asked this before bcs the civil suit was filed, by Tim Miller. The grandparents lack of personal responsibility in this issue can be addressed; i.e.: Cindy was lying to detectives and cops about Caylee's whereabouts, and causing the search teams expenses and billing times...

Possibly if they have any assets, those can be attached. Punitive damages. They should be required to pay back the search teams, imho.
I didn't know he filed suit, the reason for the response I gave. Even if Tim Miller gets a judgement, G&C don't have to pay him a nickel. Hes suing Casey.

CA denied knowing EquuSearch was looking for Caylee, even though Tim Miller picked her up from jail for her home confinement and a female EquuSearch team member stayed at the Anthonys house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 AM

14,985 posts, read 23,758,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I didn't think there were too much psycho-babble, just posted to get others take. One thing he did mention, CA is a liar. Much of what he said about the family is pretty much on target.
OK fair enough. I will add a bit more of my issues with the article. The problem I had with the article was it's introduction of a claim, and then trying to build a case to defend that claim, rather than the other way around. It's a pop-psych tactic that really does a diservice to the field, and thus you get as many false claims of such things as sexual child abuse as you do true claims. Using the author's methods, you can pretty much take any pychological deviation and define bits and pieces of others, in this case the parents, to build up the case. But none of it is concrete, it's all "this is so because the father thinks like that, that is so because the mother thinks like that". But when you start drilling down to the base evidence, it falls apart. It describes the father as a "sexual narcisst" repeatedly. When you finall drill down to why exactly the author describes him as such (after pages and pages) - it's a few carefully selected and chosen letters where he called his daughter beautiful. That appears to be the type of core evidence for this and other claims. It's just not convincing. It spends the entire article explaining the causes without supporting it.

Now I am not sure who wrote it, but I will assume (or hope) it is not someone from that field. It seems to be trying to bring together several disjointed theories of the modern pop-psych field. I somewhat agree with the premise that "monsters are made" but I don't but it as a total reason. Their are two many other factors other than to simply blame it on her parents, and I don't beleive for a second that she was molested based on two facts - 1.) She is, of course, a liar, and 2.) Someone pointed out the commonness of the claim in the female jail as a "badge of honor" toughness thing, where, if you weren't molested, it's like "then you aren't one of us". I think she picked up the claim, and the value of making the claim, during her first few days in jail.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 AM

566 posts, read 955,062 times
Anyone who votes yes should be locked up in a cage, and for good reason.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:08 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I didn't know he filed suit, the reason for the response I gave. Even if Tim Miller gets a judgement, G&C don't have to pay him a nickel. Hes suing Casey.

CA denied knowing EquuSearch was looking for Caylee, even though Tim Miller picked her up from jail for her home confinement and a female EquuSearch team member stayed at the Anthonys house.
According to this, Cindy Anthony hired Tim Miller. I am not certain. There is a civil suit in progress. However, both sides now have many attorneys, so weeding through the truth will be a task.

Tim Miller « The JB Mission

Im sure there are civil statutes in Florida for lying to investigators/hiring under false pretenses.

The movies and books all have creative license, so I will not be reading or watching any fiction and lies perpetuated by the Anthonys.

I will however, be following the court system.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:37 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,838,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Anyone who votes yes should be locked up in a cage, and for good reason.
And what reason would that be?

Old 05-25-2012, 03:43 PM

924 posts, read 1,636,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No. Not interested in this.

I don't buy that Casey was molested. I have worked in prison, and jail. Almost every woman there has said that she was molested, it is like a "badge". But the indicators I have seen is that women who were molested as children do not sexualize themselves, they minimize their sexuality. They are often overweight, as a method of controlling and "sabotaging" their molestor.

It seems to me almost all women diagnosed as "borderline" state they were molested. Leading one to conclude that being molested leads to a BPD. I think it is opposite, I think BPD are likely to have false memories of being molested, it is part of the pathology.
Very good post.

I followed this case (loosely) as it happened. I have no interest in revisiting it. They call it this decade's OJ Simpson trial, but I found the OJ Simpson trial far more interesting.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:49 PM

8,797 posts, read 21,195,175 times
I hope no one watches this exploitive show. That poor little girl needs to just rest in peace.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-25-2012, 07:28 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,918,991 times
Nope ... I had enough watching jury selection, the trial and the verdict.

I did buy Jeff Ashton's book, read it in one day and enjoyed the info from 'their' side of the case.

One thing I did learn, evidence and things a jury really needs to see or hear is sometimes withheld and not allowed in during trials. But I think it would have taken the Pinellas 12 actually seeing, in person, Casey when she killed Caylee to get a conviction out of that group.

Will Casey Anthony or the other family members receive any money from this movie?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM

7,113 posts, read 8,595,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Nope ... I had enough watching jury selection, the trial and the verdict.

I did buy Jeff Ashton's book, read it in one day and enjoyed the info from 'their' side of the case.

One thing I did learn, evidence and things a jury really needs to see or hear is sometimes withheld and not allowed in during trials. But I think it would have taken the Pinellas 12 actually seeing, in person, Casey when she killed Caylee to get a conviction out of that group.

Will Casey Anthony or the other family members receive any money from this movie?
No...Jeff Ashton sold the movie rights to his book...the Anthony's get nothing.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,838,370 times
You can always boycott the Lifetime Network.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime