Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 05:11 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times

Advertisements

About the glove. If you know anything about latex gloves--which the prosecution made OJ wear to try on the glove--you know there is NO WAY you can get your latex-gloved hand into a pair a gloves that would fit you (let alone gloves a mite to small), especially if you have your fingers extended and splayed as OJ did when he tried on the glove.

Then there's the bloody, size 12 footprint (OJ's size) made by someone wearing (expensive) Bruno Magli shoes. (A photo surfaced months later of OJ in those same shoes.)

The DA's office did not follow up on what Mark Fuhrman reported he found: (in the residence) an open and empty knife box and (on the gate at Nicole's condo) a bloody fingerprint.

His sweat suit was in the washing machine, if I remember right. Was it ever tested for the presence of blood? Not that I remember.

OJ did it. Not a doubt in my mind. The jury must have been too overloaded with input after months of evidence and testimony they couldn't think straight anymore and they wanted to go home after being sequestered for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
they couldn't think straight anymore and they wanted to go home after being sequestered for months.

They thought very "straight" . That case was decided on the day of the voir dire.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes - I have heard this - but wouldn't the prosecution team know this before they asked him to put it on? No one put a gun to Chris Darden's head and made him do that. Why would he do something that would weaken his case - if the gloves really had shrunk in the interim?
Actually that happened after a sidebar where Ito basically told Darden to do it.

Simpson also stopped taking his anti-inflamatory arthritis medicine during the "glove portion" of the trial when the defense knew there was a chance he might have to put them on. (That's from transcripts of a sidebar, BTW.) His hands were swollen.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-05-2012 at 07:09 PM..

Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually that happened after a sidebar where Ito basically told Darden to do it.
Ito can't tell Darden to do it!Chris Darden was second chair to blunt the defense claim that just whitey was out to get OJ...Darden was in over his head and skill level!

Old 06-05-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Ito can't tell Darden to do it!Chris Darden was second chair to blunt the defense claim that just whitey was out to get OJ...Darden was in over his head and skill level!
Please notice I qualified it by saying "basically".

Ito, Cochran and Darden had been arguing at sidebar. Darden told Ito he was going to ask Simpson to put on the gloves. Cochran objected. Cochran and Darden got into a heated argument at the bench and Ito said, (regarding Simpson trying on the gloves) "Now would be a good time."

The glove demonstration followed.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Please notice I qualified it by saying "basically".

I'd invite you to read the transcripts of the trial. It's all on record.

Ito, Cochran and Darden had been arguing at sidebar. Darden told Ito he was going to ask Simpson to put on the gloves. Cochran objected. Cochran and Darden got into a heated argument at the bench and Ito said, (regarding Simpson trying on the gloves) "Now would be a good time."

The glove demonstration followed.
It was Dardens idea not Ito's!Ito had to give the ok for the demo because the defense had objected...but to say that Ito was telling him to do it is twisting the story!

Old 06-05-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It was Dardens idea not Ito's

Yes, it was Darden's idea. I never said it was Ito's idea. The TIMING was influenced by Ito.

Agree? Or are you going to give me the again? I hope not because I tend to not read posts with in them because I think it takes away from the discussion. Personal quirk. Sorry.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Yes, it was Darden's idea. I never said it was Ito's idea. The TIMING was influenced by Ito.

Agree? Or are you going to give me the again? I hope not because I tend to not read posts with in them because I think it takes away from the discussion. Personal quirk. Sorry.
Yes it was time for Ito to rule and he did...but timing in this case means little...the defense had prepared Simpson for this scenario...and OJ gave the award winning act of his career!As fordon't be such a baby!!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
If anyone remembers the powder keg LA was in those times...what with Rodney King, Watts was just ready to set off...I for one, was relieved the Simpson case went to "Not Guilty". No rioting. I was afraid of the outcome with a guilty finding.

I wonder when something will set off the next riots?

Last edited by jasper12; 06-05-2012 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
If anyone remembers the powder keg LA was in those times...what with Rodney King, Watts was just ready to set off...I for one, was relieved the Simpson case went to "Not Guilty". No rioting. I was afraid of the outcome with a guilty finding.

I wonder when something will set off the next riots?
They never should have moved the Simpson trial to downtown it skewed the jury and it became a circus atmosphere...I think the Martin/Zimmerman case could get interesting...they should offer GZ a plea deal with enough jailtime to serve justice while helping to keep the peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime