Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,144,548 times

Advertisements

Good for him. Should have hit him harder. If he had been in a NE state or along the West Coast he, most likely, would be tried and convicted. Thank God for Texas.

I say re-open Alcatraz and put all child sex offenders there. Maybe not even Alcatraz; how about an island somewhere they can never even see another child. Or we could just do what this guy did.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:43 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,443,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I know, there's something just "not quite right" about this guy's story
Really? My parents left me home alone with another adult all the time. And yes I was abused during those times. But I was also abused in school settings--and parents have no choice but to leave their children behind at school. Even in an ideal world, parents can't personally supervise their kids 24/7. A lot of abusers become teachers, babysitters, pediatricians, pastors, and go into other child-related fields so that they gain the trust of parents and get left alone with children. Parents aren't perfect and abusers will find a way to access children in other settings (school/church, etc.) anyway.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM

25,812 posts, read 16,468,740 times
"Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

We don't have all the facts yet but I would say if what the media says is true (usually their headlines are based very loosely on the facts) then the man was justified in what happened.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:47 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,224,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Good for him. Should have hit him harder. If he had been in a NE state or along the West Coast he, most likely, would be tried and convicted. Thank God for Texas.

I say re-open Alcatraz and put all child sex offenders there. Maybe not even Alcatraz; how about an island somewhere they can never even see another child. Or we could just do what this guy did.
Yes because breaking the law and taking matters into our own hands is exactly what needs to be done in this country! Let's all go out and kill the people we don't like and have an issue with!

Look, I agree that the perp got what he deserved; however, that does NOT mean that the father ought to be let off the hook just because he came to the rescue of his daughter. He killed an American who has rights under the US Constitution and he took matters into his own hands. As I recommended earlier, the father needs to be put on trial and get a recommendation of "time served" by the jury. That way justice is TRULY served and the law is upheld. All parties pleased.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
This man, identified as C. Norris to protect his anonymity...
Best comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I wouldn't, probably because I'm a mother.

Mothers would be rushing their baby to the hospital, not dispensing justice in front of their already traumatized child.

I am not saying that mothers wouldn't go back later and blow his friggn head off though ...but typically, a caring parent would be looking after the child and getting it to a hospital or at least away from the rapist.
This is ridiculous. My mother, had she caught someone doing that to one of us, would have used her long fingernails to gouge out his eyes, then would have made absolutely sure that he could never use his favorite body part again. And I could name a dozen mothers, easily, who would do the same.

So because he beat the crap out of the man first (and by doing this, potentially helping other child by preventing him from molesting them) and then helped his baby he's not a caring parent? Ridiculous.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Yes because breaking the law and taking matters into our own hands is exactly what needs to be done in this country! Let's all go out and kill the people we don't like and have an issue with!

Look, I agree that the perp got what he deserved; however, that does NOT mean that the father ought to be let off the hook just because he came to the rescue of his daughter. He killed an American who has rights under the US Constitution and he took matters into his own hands. As I recommended earlier, the father needs to be put on trial and get a recommendation of "time served" by the jury. That way justice is TRULY served and the law is upheld. All parties pleased.
First of all, I was talking legally. Like, we should, legally, re-open Alcatraz (or find an island) to put these dirt-bags on. Or, legally, just give them the death penalty.

Second, if this was your daughter would you have just let him continue and called 911 while waiting for the police to come to the rescue? Seriously? He should get off. Go ahead and put him on trial, if that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that everything was done legally, but he should be acquitted IMO.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
First of all, I was talking legally. Like, we should, legally, re-open Alcatraz (or find an island) to put these dirt-bags on. Or, legally, just give them the death penalty.

Second, if this was your daughter would you have just let him continue and called 911 while waiting for the police to come to the rescue? Seriously? He should get off. Go ahead and put him on trial, if that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that everything was done legally, but he should be acquitted IMO.
No of course not. Stop misconstruing what I'm saying. I've clearly stated that the perp got what he deserved, wonderful. Now the father has to pay the price for his actions with a trial for murder. I'm not saying he needs to do time, but we have to maintain the law of the land which is why I'm saying he gets a sentence of "time served" OR as you just suggested he gets acquitted during the trial.

Either way, the father MUST be put on trial for breaking the law. That's what I am focused on here, not the molestation part whatsoever.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,443,147 times
Quote:
No of course not. Stop misconstruing what I'm saying. I've clearly stated that the perp got what he deserved, wonderful. Now the father has to pay the price for his actions with a trial for murder. I'm not saying he needs to do time, but we have to maintain the law of the land which is why I'm saying he gets a sentence of "time served" OR as you just suggested he gets acquitted during the trial.

Either way, the father MUST be put on trial for breaking the law. That's what I am focused on here, not the molestation part whatsoever.
I do think the father should be put to fair trial--even if he gets no sentence at all, or some serious clemency from the judge. He should go through the steps. After all, that's what distinguishes us from places like Iran, isn't it? Not requiring fair trial could end up hurting us as a country in the other direction. For example, imagine if the father didn't have immediate proof of the perpetrator molesting his daughter. Even though his reasons for committing murder would be in defense of his daughter, to the public eye, he'd just be another murderer--until a trial was held where he could make his case by showing proof of a history of this person abusing his daughter. Wouldn't you want fair trial in that case? If we let people go without fair trial in some cases, who knows how many people would be unfairly penalized before having a chance to defend themselves.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I do think the father should be put to fair trial--even if he gets no sentence at all, or some serious clemency from the judge. He should go through the steps. After all, that's what distinguishes us from places like Iran, isn't it? Not requiring fair trial could end up hurting us as a country in the other direction. For example, imagine if the father didn't have immediate proof of the perpetrator molesting his daughter. Even though his reasons for committing murder would be in defense of his daughter, to the public eye, he'd just be another murderer--until a trial was held where he could make his case by showing proof of a history of this person abusing his daughter. Wouldn't you want fair trial in that case? If we let people go without fair trial in some cases, who knows what other kinds of cases people would try to "take into their own hands"?
As long as he gets a fair trial in either case and the law is upheld and followed through then it doesn't matter what the verdict is. Just so long as the steps and procedures are followed through and a fair trial is held.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,353,970 times
Quote:

Only in California would that be "justice served". He killed a sex predator, he deserves a medal, not a criminal record. Justifiable homicide is not murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.