Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,254,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Also -- why was the 4 year old left alone in the first place? It doesn't really make sense to me that her parents left her all alone so they could socialize out of the house.

Exactly...there is more to this than meets the eye.

Imagine the little girl, one minute being raped, the next getting to watch her daddy beat someone dead...beating someone to death takes a while, is very bloody and not a silent process.

yep, sensible parenting....

Btw I am a parent, I watched my kids like a hawk, that's why they were never molested.

Where was the mother in all this?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 PM

37,755 posts, read 40,836,000 times
Why are they doing a toxicology report? Does it matter?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM

834 posts, read 2,271,057 times
I say good for the dad. I don't think he should be charged with anything.

The only thing I thought of (and perhaps I watch too many movies) is what if the story was made up? What if dad and this dude got into a fight over something else, dude dies and dad freaks out and makes up molesting story to get him off the hook?

That's most likely not what happened, but I'll admit I did wonder for a second. Don't throw tomatoes at me.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,494,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Exactly...there is more to this than meets the eye.

Imagine the little girl, one minute being raped, the next getting to watch her daddy beat someone dead...beating someone to death takes a while, is very bloody and not a silent process.

yep, sensible parenting....

Btw I am a parent, I watched my kids like a hawk, that's why they were never molested.

Where was the mother in all this?
Yes -- when I first read this story earlier today, I thought that something isn't quite right. Where was the mother? What kind of social gathering would you have outdoors with creepy strangers invited but leave a toddler indoors alone? Not only is the toddler left alone inside the house, no one is watching the doors to see that the strangers they've invited aren't going into the house until one has almost raped the girl?

Maybe the fight was over something else and the father just knows it's going to look a whole lot better to invent some pretty good reason.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,738,596 times
Mom was probably out with the horses too. Hey maybe she is afraid of the horses, who knows. They were at their own home. Who cares why the little girl was in her own home? Doesn't matter.
The guy could have snuck away. Maybe Dad figured out the guy snuck away. If this case is exactly the way it is stated. Dad was justified.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:17 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,469,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Sounds like justifiable homicide to me. Momentary insanity could be used. Really, in what kind of twisted reality would a jury actually convict him, in Texas no less.

I say good riddance to a pest.

Good post, couldn.t agree more.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,421,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedc View Post
what a badass. I'll be pissed if the da presses charges; any reasonable parent would have done the same thing. I hope his daughter can recover from the abuses.

sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter - cnn.com
good!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:37 AM

1,328 posts, read 3,168,684 times
I think hitting him is justified and I doubt he intended to kill her but I don't think it would have been justified at all if he pulled out a gun and shot her. Just pushing him away would be good enough.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,938,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm going to be the dissenting voice here.

Yes the victim ALLEGEDLY was molesting his daughter but people cannot just go around taking the law into their own hands, no matter how justified it may seem.

Murder is murder, no matter who kills or why. It's still against the law and against every moral code we have.

Nevertheless when it comes to someone sexually assaulting your child, well... I'd do the same thing.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,494,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Mom was probably out with the horses too. Hey maybe she is afraid of the horses, who knows. They were at their own home. Who cares why the little girl was in her own home? Doesn't matter.
The guy could have snuck away. Maybe Dad figured out the guy snuck away. If this case is exactly the way it is stated. Dad was justified.
That's the problem though -- the way this is stated is a bit weird. First of all, the parents throw some kind of party, aren't very selective with their guest list, and then completely fail to watch over their 4 year old while they party.

Sure if the guy was molesting the girl, then he should be dead, but the story itself just seems rather far fetched. Supposedly the father cares about the little girl but apparently neither parent cared to take care of her or watch out for her around the strangers they brought in. I wonder how much alcohol and drugs were involved in this party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime