Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 02:47 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times

Advertisements

Ah the irony—- hindsight is 20/20 also comes to mind- it’s almost poetic it’s so ironic- he sold bs for a living- and turns out that was what he also liked to do in his personal life. But he wasn’t at good as selling it in his personal life ( I went fishing, I lost my wife last year, etc) he was not very good as selling his bs in personal life with what happened to Laci as he may have been at selling fertilizer at his job- or maybe he wasn’t good at selling it there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 07:04 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
I wonder how this will go.

A lawyer for Scott Peterson, convicted in 2004 of murdering his wife, Laci, and their unborn son, told the California Supreme Court on Tuesday that he was denied a fair trial because of massive publicity and a slew of legal errors made at trial.

Scott Peterson asks court to overturn murder conviction and death sentence:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...der-conviction

Old 06-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I wonder how this will go.

A lawyer for Scott Peterson, convicted in 2004 of murdering his wife, Laci, and their unborn son, told the California Supreme Court on Tuesday that he was denied a fair trial because of massive publicity and a slew of legal errors made at trial.

Scott Peterson asks court to overturn murder conviction and death sentence:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...der-conviction
I would CERTAINLY like to see another trial.

That was a circus.

I don't know whether he killed Laci Peterson or not, but that trial was not the way to get at the truth.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:14 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times
Court TV had a mock jury last night. Only 3 people were sure he was guilty. 9 had doubts. None were sure he was innocent.

Looks like it'll be a couple months before we find out if he gets a new trial.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:08 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Default Scott Peterson's Death Sentence overturned

https://www.kxan.com/news/national-n...death-penalty/

Hm. Interesting.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:21 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
I don't think Calif. has executed anyone since 2006. He wouldn't get it anyways. If anyone should get it though, it's him.

Old 08-24-2020, 03:48 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times
I think I'd rather have him in gen pop anyway. Did anyone see the video taken of him a few years ago? He was walking down the corridor with a fellow inmate laughing. Another video showed him outside with a group playing basketball.

I'd rather have him in gen pop worried about getting beat up every day for the rest of his life.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I don't think Calif. has executed anyone since 2006. He wouldn't get it anyways. If anyone should get it though, it's him.
The judge made this ruling on mis selection of the jury.

There's another ruling with regards to the jury, IMHO, that needs to be made that the jury wasn't allowed to hang when they were absolutely hung, and the one voice who was a hold out was replaced by a new juror who would go along with guilty.

Petri dish, as Garragos said, indeed.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:10 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The judge made this ruling on mis selection of the jury.

There's another ruling with regards to the jury, IMHO, that needs to be made that the jury wasn't allowed to hang when they were absolutely hung, and the one voice who was a hold out was replaced by a new juror who would go along with guilty.

Petri dish, as Garragos said, indeed.
Geragos has stretched the truth a bit hasn't he? What I recall is that the original foreman (degrees in law and medicine) was unable to deliberate without deliberating every detail in the months long trial. He was eventually removed on the basis that he was unable to make decisions and replaced with an alternate. The deliberations still required days, as was to be expected.

I'm curious. If his sentence of death penalty has been vacated, what is his sentence? Is it automatically commuted to life in prison? Is there a parole condition?

Old 08-24-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Geragos has stretched the truth a bit hasn't he? What I recall is that the original foreman (degrees in law and medicine) was unable to deliberate without deliberating every detail in the months long trial. He was eventually removed on the basis that he was unable to make decisions and replaced with an alternate. The deliberations still required days, as was to be expected.

I'm curious. If his sentence of death penalty has been vacated, what is his sentence? Is it automatically commuted to life in prison? Is there a parole condition?
I'm not sure what you're saying. Geragos is off the case.

This new development of Peterson being taken off death row has happened by the efforts of a different attorney.

As I recall, the original foreman was leading a jury that was hung for days, at which point, the foreman refused to deliberate any more - the very definition of a hung jury. And at that point, the judge removed the hung foreman, and replaced him with a different juror, dubbed "Strawberry shortcake", rather than declaring the jury hung, which is what should have been done, based on legal standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime