Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 12:00 PM

164 posts, read 129,531 times

Advertisements

Lieneke: "...and her cell phone was in the car."

How and when was this determined? Upon returning home, did he try to call her again? Did he leave another message? Did he discover her cell phone was in the car?

"Laci's broken fingernails were found in the contents of the vacuum cleaner bag."

Fingernails? Plural? Were there multiple broken nails and did they match her manicure from the day prior at the spa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 08:09 PM

His story is he drove about 180 minutes, round-trip to fish for only about 60 minutes that day, considering the time it must have taken him to get his boat in and out of the water.
Who does that? It's too inefficient to be plausible.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesidid View Post
His story is he drove about 180 minutes, round-trip to fish for only about 60 minutes that day, considering the time it must have taken him to get his boat in and out of the water.
Who does that? It's too inefficient to be plausible.
I do that kind of thing. A LOT of people do that kind of thing, actually.

Some people go out recreationally driving. Just driving around. Because it reduces anxiety.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:32 AM

Just as unlikely as it is that abductors/killers strategically dumped Laci at the spot where Scott was, in order to set him up for murder, while there was a police and media presence at the bay, I find it also unlikely for the burglary to have taken place on the 26th...when there was a police and media presence at the Peterson home.

TV reporter, Ted Rowlands insists he was present on the 26th and during the time frame the police state the burglary took place. Ted says it didn't happen at that time while he was there.
Then there's Diane Jackson who reported the burglary which is confusing because of when she reported what.

In addition to Ted Rowlands' assertion that any aspects of a burglary (van, unidentified men, a safe) did not take place on the morning of the 26th, I find the Medinas' statement of departing at 10:30 AM on the 24th and Karen Servas' statement of returning McKenzie to the Peterson yard at 10:18 AM, most credible.

I read that Scott's revised statement of when HE left home on the 24th was about 10:08 AM. Next, Karen Servas finds and returns the dog with attached leash at 10:18 AM. The Medinas leave home at 10:30 AM. Then Diane Jackson claims she drove by and witnessed a van with men and a safe at 11:40 AM. This timeline seems to prove Laci's disappearance and the burglary are NOT related, even if Diane Jackson's and Ted Rowlands' accounts are accurate that the burglary took place on the 24th and not the 26th.

CMIIW

Old 08-16-2017, 03:51 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective1 View Post
You seem like a very logical person, ohyesidid, but you are working from a couple of false premises. You are assuming that Karen Sevice testimony was accurate. This was her third version of the time of the time of her actions. Each time correcting it to fit what LE wanted. I don't think she had the slightest idea when she put the dog in the back yard. I would rather trust the postman, who was sure of when he did that part of his route; and the dog was not there yet.
Also, it is a false fact that LE or the news media were conducting surveillance day and night on that part of the coastline.
Very good points. I think, by far, the postman was the more credible witness and we should rely on his testimony. Secondly, Laci/Conner could've been dumped any number of places in(or even outside) the Bay and been found where they were. There was never any credible testimony offered to show that Laci had been dumped precisely where Scott said he went fishing. Anyone who claims that, without knowing its weight or condition, they can accurately predict where a particular object dumped in the ocean is going to end up(months later) is lying. The State's witness was asked to assume that Laci had been weighted down with anchors, yet there's not a shred of evidence to suggest that she had been. The entire premise was based on assumptions.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:17 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
He didn't want to deal with being a dad. He wanted freedom, and Lacy and baby weren't part of that. He killed her because he's selfish.
Yep.

"I'm not married. I'm in Paris." Blah blah blah

Using Lacey's name in past tense...ya, I'm sure that guy is completely innocent.

I have a nice bridge to sell...

Old 08-17-2017, 01:22 AM

Perspective 1: "I would rather trust the postman, who was sure of when he did that part of his route; and the dog was not there yet."

How do you arrive at this conclusion? I just finished reading the transcript of Russell Graybill's (mailman) testimony, including crosses. What are you seeing that I am missing? Because he testifies that McKenzie only ever barked at him previously, IF she was OUT of the gate.

Graybill recollects the 24th as being an ordinary delivery day on Covena Avenue. He testifies that McKenzie did not bark at him that day but also did not testify that the gate was open. If you believe McKenzie was "not there yet" between 10:30 - 10:50 AM, then the gate would have had to have been open as Karen Servas found the gate open, correct? Graybill does not say this.

Graybill also does not testify that McKenzie ever barked at him if she was in the backyard and the gate was closed. If Servas is accurate about returning McKenzie to the backyard at 10:18 AM (before Graybill arrives), at which time she found the gate open and then CLOSED it, there is no reason to believe McKenzie wasn't there when Graybill arrived, even if she didn't bark because she wasn't OUT of the backyard then with the gate OPEN.

That's how I interpreted the testimony because Graybill does not say McKenzie ever barked at him UNLESS the gate was OPEN and she was out in the FRONT yard, yet still within property boundaries.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:30 AM

ClaraC: "Some people go out recreationally driving. Just driving around. Because it reduces anxiety."

Scott offered a lot of information in the initial stages of the investigation. Did he ever mention that he chose to drive that distance on Christmas Eve (instead of using other nearer bodies of water to test out the fishing boat) to reduce anxiety or relieve stress?

Why the bay if he was trying to avoid a chill (his reason for not golfing)?

Old 08-17-2017, 11:37 AM

Perspective 1: "Also, it is a false fact that LE or the news media were conducting surveillance day and night on that part of the coastline."

Oh, no, I wouldn't think there was 24-hour surveillance nor did I intend to imply such. However, if killers were considering where to dump Laci's body, and they thought it was a brilliant idea to do so in the bay where her husband was proven to be when she went missing, they should have also considered the risk of being caught, not knowing when police or media might show up there.

Were the burglars the killers? If they went so far as to kill a witness to their crime: a) Did the police find the burglars had any access to a boat which would have made it even possible to dump Laci's body? b) By the time the burglars' van was located, was there any trace of Laci or human decomposition?

Were other unknown kidnappers the killers? This question leads to only one other: Motive?

In any case, would killers risk going to the bay, not knowing when either the police or media might show up, where they might be caught either going out to dump the body or coming back in and being confronted? The bay, where not only police and media were looking for Laci, but her family visited and possibly any members of the general public taking interest in the case and/or searching for Laci. This proposition is so difficult to even entertain.

This scenario of killers other than Scott Peterson is so far-fetched, it's nearly a waste of time to consider since speculation defies reasoning.

Last edited by ohyesidid; 08-17-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
I agree so much with your post ohyesidid...^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime