Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 08:44 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times

Advertisements

I don't know how accurate it is, but I remember seeing somewhere that a surprising number of spouses are murdered when they're pregnant. I guess a lot of men don't want that responsibility nor the responsibility of paying child support if they divorce the wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 06:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I don't know how accurate it is, but I remember seeing somewhere that a surprising number of spouses are murdered when they're pregnant. I guess a lot of men don't want that responsibility nor the responsibility of paying child support if they divorce the wife.
Yes was shocked to hear that too...there was a case in the 80's in Boston area when a couple leaving a child birth class were both shot...pregnant wife was shot and killed husband minor injuries...turned out husband committed crime and killed himself before arrest...

Old 04-24-2017, 03:36 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Bottom line they couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt HOW he killed her or IF he killed her,

It was basically a "Oh he's a pathological liar, he cheated on his wife who was killed". It still HAS to be proven. Sorry,,

I don't know if he killed her or not. Certain reports say saw her walking her dog when she was supposed to be dead.

The legal point is, you have TO PROVE BEYOND A RESONABLE DOUBT the defendant killed the victim. And the prosecution DID NOT prove it. It sucks trusting your life in the hands of 12 jurors who vote on their EMOTIONS NOT FACTS,

Just because one commits infidelity doesn't make them a murderer. You gotta prove they killed. He was just emotionless. Some people Are. Thats human nature. People with things in their own ways. Once again, doesn't make you a murderer.

OK.. boat anchors? People use them when they fish. He cheated? Ok... Lots of husbands cheat.. Not condoning it. Doesn't make them a murderer.. Looking up tides? People do that when they fish
Unless you were sitting on that jury, there is no definitive way to know that they proved it or didn't. The jury found him guilty.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:38 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I think its also worth noting that Soctt had no history of violent tendencies in any way shape or form in the past. In many ways it was a mis-trial. The prosecution couldn't PROVE he did anything... other than cheat. And there was no evidence of a history of violence to anyone. Generally violent people as adults, have some kind of history to violence when they were kids to themselves or other people, to kids, or animals. He was more like a wussy mama's boy.

I think if Scott did do anything, he probably paid someone to do it. But again.. No proof
My sister-in-law's brother killed his wife, choking her with his bare hands. There was NO evidence of violence prior to that, or since. Ever. He, like Scott, snapped and killed the person that was the problem.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:48 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yes was shocked to hear that too...there was a case in the 80's in Boston area when a couple leaving a child birth class were both shot...pregnant wife was shot and killed husband minor injuries...turned out husband committed crime and killed himself before arrest...
Yep. The Stuart case.

http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/stuart-charles.htm

Coincidentally, that night a CBS crew was doing a reality show and caught it on film.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:48 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post

The husbands name was Charles stewart I was in boston when that happened and all of us were saying how fishy that was . He threw hisself off the bridge and drowned . His brother was a piece of crap and he should have told on him .

Old 04-28-2017, 03:56 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
The husbands name was Charles stewart I was in boston when that happened and all of us were saying how fishy that was . He threw hisself off the bridge and drowned . His brother was a piece of crap and he should have told on him .
Actually, his brother did tell on him. That's ultimately how the case was solved, and what drove Stuart to commit suicide.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:28 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I remember that case. Didn't he say they were attacked by a black guy(s)?

Old 04-28-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Actually, his brother did tell on him. That's ultimately how the case was solved, and what drove Stuart to commit suicide.
Yes. He was found dead in a homeless shelter years later.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I remember that case. Didn't he say they were attacked by a black guy(s)?
Yep. He sure did.

Even picked a man from a lineup. Willie Bennett.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime