Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 05:11 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Using that reasoning, every married man has a clear motive to murder his wife, doesn't he? We have no indication that Scott wanted to be single.
A month or so before Laci was dead, when Peterson started his affair with Amber Frey, he told Frey he was single.
Scott Peterson Trial Fast Facts - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Really?
Yes, really. We have no reason to believe that Scott wanted to divorce Laci.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A month or so before Laci was dead, when Peterson started his affair with Amber Frey, he told Frey he was single.
Of course he did; what else could he say? And your point is....what? Obviously Scott was lying to Amber so he could improve his chances of getting her into bed. Predictably, it worked. Had Scott been honest with her("I'm happily married, but my wife is quite pregnant and totally uninterested in sex, so I just want to F another woman"), even an easy girl like Amber would've avoided him.

Millions of men, many of them married, do this every day. They lie to women in order to have sex with them. That doesn't make them guilty of murder.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:09 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Yes, really. We have no reason to believe that Scott wanted to divorce Laci.
We don't?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/01/us...ries.html?_r=0

I believe Scott Peterson did it, his sister says - Dateline NBC | NBC News

Old 06-07-2017, 10:18 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
By every indication, Scott was happy being married to Laci and was looking forward to having a child. It's clear he was not satisfied with their sex life(with a very pregnant wife), which explains his pursuit of Amber, but Scott never told Amber that his wife had "died". He did tell a lot of other lies to Amber, as all adulterers are forced to do. The bulk of which were false excuses as to why he couldn't spend time with her. This is important to understand. "I can't be with you on New Year's because I'll be in Paris". All adulterers lie, but most of them lie to their wives more than anyone. Scott was lying to his mistress, not his wife. Regardless, none of it is evidence that Scott killed Laci. Where is the evidence?
Amber wasn't his first adulterous relationship, so having sex with another woman was not related to his wife being pregnant. He murdered his wife because he didn't want children. He had always said that he didn't want children, and was very happy that Laci had surgery as a child where an ovary was removed. She believed that she could not have children, so the pregnancy was a surprise for both of them. Laci was happy about it, Scott wasn't.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Saw a clip a couple years ago about him in prison, he's a trophy inmate. One that general pop would really like to get to so he's been in protective custody virtually the whole time.
No death row prisoners in California are in "general population" they are all single celled until they are executed, they take meals in their cells and except for doctor's appts or yard time that's where they spend their time. When they go to the exercise yard they are held in individual cages, here's a photo of them

Old 06-08-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No death row prisoners in California are in "general population" they are all single celled until they are executed, they take meals in their cells and except for doctor's appts or yard time that's where they spend their time. When they go to the exercise yard they are held in individual cages, here's a photo of them
I had no idea that he was treated like an animal even when he is outside. What a gruesome life. When was the last time that California executed a death row prisoner?

Old 06-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I had no idea that he was treated like an animal even when he is outside. What a gruesome life. When was the last time that California executed a death row prisoner?
2006, if I remember correctly it was the oldest inmate ever executed in California he was in his late 70's. But a voter referendum was passed in 2016 speeding up death row appeals so I would expect that there will be several executed in the next few years.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
2006, if I remember correctly it was the oldest inmate ever executed in California he was in his late 70's. But a voter referendum was passed in 2016 speeding up death row appeals so I would expect that there will be several executed in the next few years.
Isn't that interesting. I think a lot of people assumed, as I did, that death row didn't really mean anything in California. What a shock for Scott to learn that it may actually result in a premature death.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Isn't that interesting. I think a lot of people assumed, as I did, that death row didn't really mean anything in California. What a shock for Scott to learn that it may actually result in a premature death.
There's nothing nice about California prisons. Until the Supreme Court stopped the practice in 2014 mentally ill inmates were held in solitary confinement for the duration of their sentence, now they are placed with other inmates unless they are considered dangerous, but they still conduct group therapy the same way, with the mentally ill inmates in cages:

Old 06-08-2017, 07:29 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,191 times
Wow, those cages look the same size as their cell. Really, from one cage to the next. Yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime