Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:41 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,752 times

Advertisements

He's on suicide watch. I'm not surprised. Sadly, I know enough about county jail, to know that a yellow jumpsuit indicates the mental unit. (At least here anyway)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 07:33 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Why does it take 3 months or 90 days to sentence him?

Old 06-23-2012, 07:37 PM

I think they have to do an assessment on him for sex offender...he probably will never get out, but I think it's pretty much standard to do one, so they can classify him...and they give them 90 days to do it. Depending on the area there may only be 1 or 2 people who do that

Old 06-23-2012, 08:56 PM

12,949 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
He's on suicide watch. I'm not surprised. Sadly, I know enough about county jail, to know that a yellow jumpsuit indicates the mental unit. (At least here anyway)
Somebody ought to send him a CARE package...

Old 06-24-2012, 12:31 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I rhink anyone in prison, who wants to commit suicide, should probably be allowed to do so...as a humanitarian gesture. If the guy wants out...he should be allowed a lethal dose of herion, or moriphine. No need for drama...Just, "here it is"...and leave them alone, to do what they wish...why bother with a "suicide watch"? The guy's life is crap...he is old, and now will more than likely be sentenced to prison for the remainder of his short life..he can't face up to his crimes or punishment. He will be not treated well in prison...there is a definite hierarchy of prison society, and rapers are at the bottom. Child rapers, even lower...pond scum in prison society...that is pretty bad. Many of the folks in prison have kids, or were molested themselves...and are pretty brutal to child rapers. Constant bullying...this guy won't find a group to hang with, having friends in prison is very important...I don't feel bad for him...I just think his life is really going to change.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I rhink anyone in prison, who wants to commit suicide, should probably be allowed to do so...as a humanitarian gesture. If the guy wants out...he should be allowed a lethal dose of herion, or moriphine. No need for drama...Just, "here it is"...and leave them alone, to do what they wish...why bother with a "suicide watch"? The guy's life is crap...he is old, and now will more than likely be sentenced to prison for the remainder of his short life..he can't face up to his crimes or punishment. He will be not treated well in prison...there is a definite hierarchy of prison society, and rapers are at the bottom. Child rapers, even lower...pond scum in prison society...that is pretty bad. Many of the folks in prison have kids, or were molested themselves...and are pretty brutal to child rapers. Constant bullying...this guy won't find a group to hang with, having friends in prison is very important...I don't feel bad for him...I just think his life is really going to change.
He will most likely won't be in gen pop but in a special unit for those with his propensities

Old 06-24-2012, 06:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
That's the price you pay when you screw up, now isn't it? Your rights as a free American are stripped. Your rights as an autonomous human being vanish. Your body and your life are no longer your own. I'd say that's very apt punishment.

I'd rather he stay in jail for the next how-many-years he has left. Let him contemplate the life he has made for himself. Let him pay for his theft of victim's mental well being with his own mental health.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:41 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
He should NOT be allowed the comfort of suicide---that allows him the power that pedophiles must have and use when they abuse.
Allowing Sandusky the priviledge of escaping the punishment he earned from years of raping children just nullifies the entire justice process. He should live to be 105 and never see the outside world!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Time to go after the wife.
Unless their adopted son Matt presses charges and has evidence against Mrs. Sandusky, there isn't anything concrete to convict her of.

That said, I found the way she talked about the victims in her testimony creepy as hell. I think she was definitely suspicious, but put the blame on the little boys themselves.

She doesn't seem like a very nice person.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
Quote:
Interesting trial...I wonder what the outcome will be. I have no clue, based on the fact that I was sure CA case was a slam dunk. So, what do I know?!

1. No physical evidence.

2. Only stories, quite old, based on allegations from "victims" who may have monetary goals behind this...
3. No photos, or other damning evidence...
4. Inconsistency of dates of report from McQuery, and inconsistent details of occurance..."He thought he saw something inappropriate"...

Sure, do I think the guy is guilty? Heck, yes! Is there enough evidence presented? I don't know...
Definitely enough evidence. Regardless of the exact date, you have the original report from McQuerty to his superiors. Maybe there was a written record. Regardless, no one at the university has denied he reported the incident. Then you have all McQuerty's superiors wrangling about what action to take, and they did ban Sandusky from bringing kids to the facility even though they didn't do anything else.

You also have more than one eye witness who reported him in the showers with a kid. One was a janitor who is dead.

There is testimony about Sandusky being let go from one job because of suspicions.

And there was a complaint by the mother of a kid way back, and an investigator or district attorney (I forget) who was working on evidence against Sandusky for a long time until he was stopped some years back.

That's a lot of damning evidence and more than one cover up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime