U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula
1,447 posts, read 1,258,019 times
Default Why Not John Mark Carr? (Ramsey Murder?)

wanted to put this separately from the other threads because this is a little more specific.i am finding it very difficult to blithely discount him from the list of suspects. he fits the profile and not only that, he lived near them in atlanta. he may have attended her beauty pageants. he was certainly capable, and had an obsession with young girls. despite all my searching, i have found nothing that discounts him, except for the DNA. but if there were two people.... don't know. it wouldn't surprise me if they found out he did do it one day. imagine, he's hiding in plain sight. does anyone know any more about him? why he was discounted, apart from the DNA? (which so many on this board discount anyway). if the dna didn't match who you think did it, i.e. the parents, then how can he be discounted by anyone interested in this case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 PM

266 posts, read 231,754 times
There's no proof that Karr was ever in Boulder. His ex-wife even had pictures of him at Christmas 1996 in Alabama or Georgia (I can't remember which state). The R's moved from Atlanta to Boulder in 1991. JonBenet competed in one pageant in Atlanta. in '95 or '96. Is it possible that Karr attended? I suppose. But the chance that he flew to Boulder to kill her just seems extremely unlikely.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 PM

11,621 posts, read 5,718,712 times
I don't know, but the whole Karr thing was such a fiasco, and such an embarrassment to law enforcement, that they would not have ruled him out if they weren't pretty sure he was in the clear. (I've known police to railroad innocent people to save face or to get some kind of appreciation from the public--but never to embarrass themselves in order to exonerate a guilty person.)

ETA: I've met John Ramsey in passing a couple times. Needless to say I didn't talk about the case.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM

11,995 posts, read 11,333,232 times
Boulder County wanted to name a perp. They scewed that up and turned it into a circus act, kind of like the initial Ramsey home investigation.

That pretty much covers it.

Last edited by virgode; 07-23-2012 at 12:06 PM..

Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula
1,447 posts, read 1,258,019 times
one thing that i found really pretty eerie was the "S.B.T.C." at the end of the ransom note. a high school friend of john mark carr showed a documentarian her yearbook. he had written a long and rambling and rather bizarre note to her on the inside of her annual. and signed it "S.B.T.C.". it stood for "shall be the conquerer". gives one pause.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
one thing that i found really pretty eerie was the "S.B.T.C." at the end of the ransom note. a high school friend of john mark carr showed a documentarian her yearbook. he had written a long and rambling and rather bizarre note to her on the inside of her annual. and signed it "S.B.T.C.". it stood for "shall be the conquerer". gives one pause.
I believe it was said that Patsy also used S.B.T.C.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:44 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,357,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I believe it was said that Patsy also used S.B.T.C.
what did she say it stood for? I forget.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
what did she say it stood for? I forget.
Its believed to mean 'Shall Be The Conquerer'. Could also mean 'Saved By The Cross'.

JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / Interpreting the Contents of the RN

Its said Patsy admitted to the woman who made Jon Benets costumes ( Pam Griffin), she wrote the letter. Don't know if thats fact or fiction. Heres the site...author is unmamed by choice.

Conspiracy Planet - Mind Control - JonBenet Ramsey Murder: Satanic Ritual Sacrifice

(23) Pam Griffin ( made JonBenets costumes) states that Patsy admitted writing the practice note "for an innocent purpose". An innocent purpose???? No one does such a thing unless they intend to carry out a crime of this nature.

Last edited by virgode; 07-24-2012 at 01:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime