Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,862 times

Advertisements

Drew Peterson trial updates: Day 2 of jury deliberations - chicagotribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,472,724 times
The jury used COMMON SENSE...unlike another jury we know in Florida.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:44 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
Drew Peterson found guilty of murdering third wife – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Yep! Drew is going down. He is off to the big house. A jury, who could actually connect the dots! They did not need a video of the entire event, to know he did it.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,650,355 times
I had a strong feeling they'd get him. That smerky smile just couldn't win anymore admirers!

Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM

830 posts, read 1,666,087 times
Default Justice!

Yes! Yes! There is justice!

I was listening to WLS Chicago right after it happened. Very interesting reactions...

Imagine how difficult it was for the Savio family to fight for this--for years--even after the local law enforcement determined her death was "a household accident." Unfortunately it took another young woman's death or "disappearance" to gain the public's attention to Kathleen's murder, but justice did come. You never know what will happen. There is hope for the people who need justice in the face of abusive idiots. And Drew was so arrogant playing games with the media--he probably didn't imagine that his own big mouth would get him in trouble, after believing he got away scot-free for killing two of his four wives. He thought he was in control, and for a while he was. Honestly I was afraid he would continue to avoid consequences for what he did, but thank God no.

I wonder what will happen in the Stacy situation. Her family's spokeswoman said they would fight for justice for Stacy too. I also wonder if and how the hearsay allowance will be challenged. Still more drama ahead. You can't make up this stuff!

Old 09-06-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The jury used COMMON SENSE...unlike another jury we know in Florida.

And, they asked appropriate questions, additional common sense! Hooray! for them.

So now, what are the chances of finding his fourth wife? I hope, at least for the family, they do.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Yes! Yes! There is justice!

I was listening to WLS Chicago right after it happened. Very interesting reactions...

Imagine how difficult it was for the Savio family to fight for this--for years--even after the local law enforcement determined her death was "a household accident." Unfortunately it took another young woman's death or "disappearance" to gain the public's attention to Kathleen's murder, but justice did come. You never know what will happen. There is hope for the people who need justice in the face of abusive idiots. And Drew was so arrogant playing games with the media--he probably didn't imagine that his own big mouth would get him in trouble, after believing he got away scot-free for killing two of his four wives. He thought he was in control, and for a while he was. Honestly I was afraid he would continue to avoid consequences for what he did, but thank God no.

I wonder what will happen in the Stacy situation. Her family's spokeswoman said they would fight for justice for Stacy too. I also wonder if and how the hearsay allowance will be challenged. Still more drama ahead. You can't make up this stuff!
Good for the Savio family for fighting so hard for justice! And hopefully Stacy's family remains steadfast in their position for her as well.

Let's not forget [does this sound too cruel ] that Drew's fellow housemates will remember he was law enforcement too.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Oh wow! Yippee!

I have to admit that I was worried about this one. It seems like the bad guys have been getting off lately and Peterson is such a slime bucket and a pompous a$$.

This is the best news I've had all day.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,760 times
God forgive me, put I hope they put him in general population with a lifetime supply of soap in a rope with broken rope! This pos ruined the lives of his own children, took away the life of 1 woman (IMHO 2) and destroyed countless others. I

Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
I was truly concerned that he would get off.

I commend the jury for seeing justice was served.

But this still doesn't answer for Stacy. I pray her end will come to light. I cannot imagine the hell her whole family has endured b/c of this psychopath.

One more dangerous man off the streets -- so he cannot ruin the lives of more victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime