Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 AM

76 posts, read 76,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
(1) According to Psychology books I have read on a rapists' behavior, it has a tendency to show during the teen's years.
Don't read psychology books, they're full of pseudoscientific nonsense and popular ideas about sex crimes are based on myths and stupid hysteria. Real rape is actually very rare. About half of the complaints are false. Why? Because fake complaints are almost never prosecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM

449 posts, read 877,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by argot View Post
Yes, because that type of behavior is commonplace in 15 year olds. Everyone knows theft is just a gateway to rape of family members!

How exactly would he "get away with it"? It's his aunt. I'm pretty sure she would realize who he was. Either way, jumping to that conclusion based on this story is absolutely ridiculous.

Argo: To prove my point of what a teen can do, here is the story of a 16 y/o rapist. So what do you have to say now?

Pizza delivery boy rapes woman in Manhattan apartment: police - NY Daily News

Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 AM

160 posts, read 397,615 times
Quote:
Argo: To prove my point of what a teen can do, here is the story of a 16 y/o rapist. So what do you have to say now?

Pizza delivery boy rapes woman in Manhattan apartment: police - NY Daily News
Ooh, you really got me! Wait, where did I say teens were incapable of rape? Oh, that's right, I didn't, and it seems that you completely missed my point.

All that you know about this particular story is that a kid was snooping around his neighbor aunt's place wearing a ski mask and holding a knife. To suggest that it was an attempted rape of his own aunt (even sexual deviants tend to have some boundaries) when there are dozens of more likely scenarios is incredibly bizarre, and that's all I have been saying.

I'm done derailing this post.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:04 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
This is terrible but something doesn't feel right about how it happened, I think there is more to this.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:12 AM

684 posts, read 824,771 times
Hideous.

The boy was stated to have a shiny 'weapon'. The police won't release details of what the weapon was.

it could have been a heavy flashlight, or anything that could conceivably be used as a weapon.

The boy was fifteen and he was dead. This was a tragedy and no one is to blame. He could have been playing a prank, or trying to steal some liquor or any one of a number of stupid things. That doesn't make the boy evil, or a rapist, or a monster.

He was just a stupid kid and now his father has to live with the consequences.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Hideous.

The boy was stated to have a shiny 'weapon'. The police won't release details of what the weapon was.
It was a knife. These stores often fade from the headlines after the first sensational report. Still questions - but hints are coming out "adopted from a troubled home". The shooter was a trained gun owner, he would know the law and would not fire unless his life was in danger...and I will not be suprised if the conclusion is that his son was disturbed mentally or emotionally and would have killed his father if he did not take the shot.
As the article hinted, police are holding some things back. The fact that the father was not taken away in handcuffs (whatever his emotional trauma, it doesn't matter) is telling us something.

Attorney: Father distraught over shooting his son - NewsTimes

Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Just looking at the situation from a purely speculative position, I would guess that the teen had a prescription drug issue and that the aunt had some Vicodin, Oxy, or Benzos that the kid wanted.

The father was probably pretty pumped on adrenaline and fear when he shot the kid.

I don't know if the part about the kid lunging at him with a shiny object is true. I would say that if I shot an intruder, in order to establish self defense. Especially if I believed I had nailed a burglar and not my own kid.

Sad story for all involved.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Lightbulb this is very sad...but...

we have another case on the books right now where a 'teen' went for a soda and some chips and ended up dead...there had to be a reason for that as well...kid's don't think, they feel empowered for whatever reason and it usually doesn't end very well for anyone.
Koale

Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
The kid brought this on himself. I believe he was up to no good. I feel for the father.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Quote:
Extremely sad story, however, as a crime reader, I am going to put my emotional feelings to the side, and look at the logistics of the case: It is 1 a.m., 15 y/o, ALL dressed in BLACK, with a BLACK mask, trying to brake through the window of his aunt, who LIVES alone: Was this a prank? Not so sure about it. Or was he trying to break in, RAPE her, and then ROB her hoping he will get away with it? Or just RAPE her, after all, at age 15, his hormones are flowing.

Your opinions, please.
What in the world makes you think he wants to rape her? Odds are he's a typical teenaged junkie who knows where she keeps the valuables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime