Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,494,972 times

Advertisements

Conn. man kills masked teen, learns it's his son

A person never knows who is behind a mask and a possible weapon ! ! !

Conn. man kills masked teen, learns it's his son - Yahoo! News

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,443,197 times
Such sad story.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 PM

449 posts, read 877,211 times
Extremely sad story, however, as a crime reader, I am going to put my emotional feelings to the side, and look at the logistics of the case: It is 1 a.m., 15 y/o, ALL dressed in BLACK, with a BLACK mask, trying to brake through the window of his aunt, who LIVES alone: Was this a prank? Not so sure about it. Or was he trying to break in, RAPE her, and then ROB her hoping he will get away with it? Or just RAPE her, after all, at age 15, his hormones are flowing.

Your opinions, please.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:22 PM

160 posts, read 397,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
Or was he trying to break in, RAPE her, and then ROB her hoping he will get away with it? Or just RAPE her, after all, at age 15, his hormones are flowing.
Your opinions, please.
Yes, because that type of behavior is commonplace in 15 year olds. Everyone knows theft is just a gateway to rape of family members!

How exactly would he "get away with it"? It's his aunt. I'm pretty sure she would realize who he was. Either way, jumping to that conclusion based on this story is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argot View Post
Yes, because that type of behavior is commonplace in 15 year olds. Everyone knows theft is just a gateway to rape of family members!

How exactly would he "get away with it"? It's his aunt. I'm pretty sure she would realize who he was. Either way, jumping to that conclusion based on this story is absolutely ridiculous.

(1) According to Psychology books I have read on a rapists' behavior, it has a tendency to show during the teen's years.

(2) If the aunt does not remove his mask, how can she tell who it is? Besides, his father said that "someone went at him with a shinny object." That could have been a knife. Maybe there was HATE in the family structure, and he planned to kill her.

(3) Nothing ridiculous about it, it has happened in the best of families.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,494,972 times
Does not make any difference ... the boy is dead and the dad has to live with it,
and know one will know what the truth is and will never be know with a dead child
who can not tell us ! ! !

Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,190 times
Nothing sad in this story at all. The "boy" made a fateful decision, which cost him his life. Better him then me. HE caused whatever trauma there is in this "story." NO ONE else did.

Had the "intruder" been a stranger, the title of this thread and everyone else's responses would be totally different. It would be, "And? The scumbag had it coming." "Screw him," etc.

Darwin has its place in society...The gene pool is now one better.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:35 PM

160 posts, read 397,580 times
Quote:
(1) According to Psychology books I have read on a rapists' behavior, it has a tendency to show during the teen's years.
What does that have to do with anything? You suggested the kid could be an incestuous rapist based on only the fact that he was breaking into his aunt's house. If he was a rapist it might show in his teenage years, sure, but there is absolutely zero evidence to support that he was and I can't fathom how your thought process even took you there.

Quote:
(2) If the aunt does not remove his mask, how can she tell who it is? Besides, his father said that "someone went at him with a shinny object." That could have been a knife. Maybe there was HATE in the family structure, and he planned to kill her.
Maybe, but making random guesses about what happened is pointless until we have more information.

Quote:
(3) Nothing ridiculous about it, it has happened in the best of families.
I'm not saying that could not be the case here; I'm saying that you picked the most unusual and unsubstantiated scenario. For example, maybe he just wanted to get some of her blood for a blood transfusion! Or maybe he thought she was an impostor who killed his aunt and took over her life!
I think you've been watching a little bit too much Law & Order.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:58 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
Default Very tragic.

The father had NO way of knowing though. A black mask, A weapon and he lunged at him when he could have spoken up. What was going through this kid's head to do this? Why his Aunts house across the way? Drugs? An acted out fantasy maybe that went too far?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argot View Post
What does that have to do with anything? You suggested the kid could be an incestuous rapist based on only the fact that he was breaking into his aunt's house. If he was a rapist it might show in his teenage years, sure, but there is absolutely zero evidence to support that he was and I can't fathom how your thought process even took you there.

Maybe, but making random guesses about what happened is pointless until we have more information.

I'm not saying that could not be the case here; I'm saying that you picked the most unusual and unsubstantiated scenario. For example, maybe he just wanted to get some of her blood for a blood transfusion! Or maybe he thought she was an impostor who killed his aunt and took over her life!
I think you've been watching a little bit too much Law & Order.
About your #1 paragraph: Well, how do you know what was on his mind? We do not know yet, if perhaps he has molested little children. What I was trying to do, was to get people' opinions and thoughts about the case.

About your #3 paragraph: What makes a good criminal profiler or investigator is his/her ability to be able to think and use his/her thought process in all directions, beyond the expected, whether it seems to be feasible or not.

In one of your post you stated "that type of behavior is uncommon on a 15 year-old." Youth Facilities across the USA are flooded with kids this age. And many of them have committed atrocious crimes.

Now, please tell me: What is a l5 year-old doing at 1 am, dressed in black, with a knife, and a mask, breaking into a female relative's house, that lives alone? He was not going in there to get cookies and milk!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime