U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 05:01 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,466,114 times

Advertisements

Timeline Photos | Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Default Wanted for abuse.....

Hopefully this link comes through.............New Hampshire Couple Eluding Authorities -- horrible and hopefully someone who reads will pass it on...almost as deserving as our Ambert Alert Thread, perhaps one like this too?

Timeline Photos | Facebook

Old 11-23-2012, 05:10 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,727,414 times
Well, at least they took him to the hospital, and did not just finish him off, and say he disappeared.

Should they get any consideration for that?

They won't last long on the run. They will turn up eventually, no doubt, each blaming the other one.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 PM

Jasper/[mod], have no idea how the above happened, can you eliminate the 'w' thread since that does with the wanted: eluding authorities and pictures? Thanks!
SM

Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,307,432 times
My sister and I were just talking about child abuse today. I don't approve of, but can understand shaken baby syndrome when a baby just won't stop crying and a parent loses it- but this child had burns on him. Burns. In addition to his other injuries. That's just vile and evil.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 AM

18,678 posts, read 23,258,366 times
I don't think they should get any "consideration" for anything. Just another brutal, ill educated, couple who are violent, impulsive and too immature to parent.

Once again, a "boyfriend" is involved.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,351,112 times
Dear God, they look like they're still in high school despite the ages listed in the article.

NLVgal, the burns are almost certainly of the "I'll give you something to cry about" type. The kids are often so traumatized that they do stop crying out of sheer terror.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:46 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,727,414 times
I don't blame the "boyfriend". In the end, the Mother is responsible. I know, I would be living in a shelter before letting anyone mistreat my kids.

But, sadly, I think of many of the girls I had as students in Special Education, they were borderline mentally retarded, and simple prey for any sociopath to control and mistreat them, and any children they might have. These simple girls would not know how to seek help if being controlled by a sociopath.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 PM

18,678 posts, read 23,258,366 times
I agree that the mother is responsible for who she permits in her child's life. I was pointing out that teenaged parents frequently permit immature and impulsive young men, "boyfriends", into the lives of their children.

With disastrous consequences. And this is no exception.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM

I am a firm believer that there should be/must be a class held in high school [junior/senior years] called Life 101. This class should teach, and it should be a mandatory class, how to use a checkbook, how to recognize signs of abuse and being abusive AND parenting skills. I firmly believe that unfortunately there are to many kids who do not have Life skills, who are not shown appropriate Life skills and one of the most important ones to learn is parenting -- given that there are so many teenaged parents who truly do not have a clue, for one reason or another, how to parent, how to look for those abusive signs, subtle and not so subtle, do not know nor understand any concept of boundaries and how to truly protect their children from harm [and that harm can be caused by them as well, meaning moms], by bringing in proactive teaching and practices.... this mandated high school course could potentially help reduce [dramatically] the number of injuries, deaths, permanent damage that children incur at the hands of their parents.

Wouldn't it be great not to have to read and hear about these tragic stories?

And, on an aside, it is my understanding that this couple has yet to be found, does anyone know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or