Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM

7 posts, read 11,387 times

Advertisements

I agree with some people before me, this new information wouldn't have changed the outcome. I'm still angry she's gotten away with this. She is a sick, sick human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM

266 posts, read 402,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Im not convinced that this new tidbit would have convicted her.
They probably would have just found some other way around it like they did the other computer searches they discovered. Her mother would have covered for her or something. The only thing that would have convincted her was hard, physical evidence.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
What is it that you expected them to convict her on? .
The fact that she didn't report the little girl missing. Her Mom's phone call explaining that the car smelled of death and the cadaver dogs alerting on it. Her numerous lies to police officers including where she worked, etc. The fact that they found the same stickers and tape at the Anthony house that were on the little girl's body when she was finally located.

Old fashioned motive, means, and opportunity.

Not every crime is going to have DNA to tie it up in a box, especially if the body was disposed of.

That doesn't make the jury stupid, but it calls into question whether or not we are going to have to have DNA or videotape evidence to get any convictions in the future.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Everyone is making such a big deal about this stupid computer search as if it would have made any difference at all. A year and a half ago, most all of us thought she was guilty based on the evidence the prosecuters DID present, we all thought the jury would feel the same way but guess what? They didn't and this new bit of info wouldn't have changed a thing. Just face it, the jurors minds didn't operate the same way as most of ours did. They didn't feel they had enough evidence to convict and thats that. If searches for "chloroform" and "home made weapons" and I believe "neck breaking" didn't convince the jury, you really think throwing one more search in there would have changed their minds?

Oh and speaking of computer searches, a lot of you seem to fail to realze that even if she HAD been convicted, she would still either be a free woman or awaiting retrial based on the fact that the creater of the program used by the computer forensics team to search Caseys computer, came out and admitted that the results were flawed and that the infmous 81 searches for chloroform were actualy Myspace visits. In otherwords, while the term "chloroform was searched for, it wasn't actually searched for 81 times. Based on that her conviction would have been thrown out so in otherwords, all this debating on what might have been or what could have been or who came up short? It's really a moot point because it all would have been thrown out anyway.

Quote:
Casey Anthony Whould Be In Prison Today IF
Not hardly..........

Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
karma will make sure she is paid in full.
If only karma was shaped like a 6x6 jail cell. Or whatever size a jail cell is.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:55 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Default Casey Anthony Whould Be In Prison Today IF

her jury had a working brain among the lot.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I've wondered for a long time why this country has the screwed up legal system it does. That and why Americans have put up with a system that does not work, and is very unfair to victims. We have one case or another case thru the decades. Where the person on trial is let off because of some technacality. Im sure there are some people in this country that think Anthony is innocent. I think many more think she is guilty as sin and should be in prison.

As for me I wish she was in prison and they threw away the key.
What makes you think the criminal justice system is for the victims? It's not and it was never intended to be.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Chalk me down for also going on record saying it would not have made a difference. The jury indicated that it was incapably of making deductive reasoning to decide guilt based on overwhelming circumstantial evidence (and this would have been just another tidbit along with all the other overwhelming evidence that was presented).

Nothing less than having a video tape of Casey strangling the child would have convinced that jury of idiots.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Cases like this one point to the necessity of professional jurors. Too many stupid people walking the streets and then put in a position of responsibility that fail at that duty.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Default One thing I can't understand....

A while back a few months after the acquittal, She released a webcam video describing her new computer, Had a new hairdo and had gained weight from eating while being home. Where did this money come from? An unemployed, trashy (She is, regardless of the verdict her history clearly stated this) woman with a reputation worse then the devil acquires all this and we have people, working class people and veterans with no roof over their heads. What gives???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime