U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,466,607 times

Advertisements

Cliffie, you are absolutely correct - it appears that there are many that he killed and some have not been found; and others that they have found, they do not know if he did it or not.

And Phil, you are right too -- just recently members of the community, employees Mrs. Currier worked with spoke about her, with fondness, emotion, humor and the like - all good things to be able to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,218,496 times
I don't understand why this isn't on every news station for the last 3 days. I only heard about it because he supposedly killed himself.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 AM

15,793 posts, read 15,032,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
I don't understand why this isn't on every news station for the last 3 days. I only heard about it because he supposedly killed himself.
Exactly.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,354,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post

I daresay because people are getting a little burned out on serial-killer stories.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM

More often than not, TV / reporters / journalists, I think, write/prepare stories which are far too filled with sensationalistic [is that a word?] reporting which I think too often negates the compassion/anger that is associated with a crime, especially a horrendous crime, let alone affect the 'facts' of the case == I think, in this case certainly, WCAX [local television station] handled this reporting very well, compassionately, factual wise and sensitively. Even their interviews with friends/colleagues and co-workers was well done - that part especially I think was so important because it gave the community the ability to help each other as well as themselves.

U.S. Attorney: Curriers encountered 'force of pure evil' - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Officials confirm Alaska suspect killed Vt. couple - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

I certainly hope the authorities are going to be able to find all of the missing victims soon - and find answers for the ones they have found and do not/did not know who committed the crime.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 AM

This latest update was on WCAX last night - horrifying - this was a serial killer who really planned ---
Keyes buried 'kill kits' in Vt. and NY - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM

15,793 posts, read 15,032,422 times
What causes someone to kill like this? I wonder what's become of his daughter.

"He would tell me about his days in the armed services and the parties they had. He would lovingly talk about his daughter, or tell me when he'd been up late because she was sick," said Jim Thompson, a volunteer who sometimes helped Keyes clean up community areas around Neah Bay.

Keyes was perhaps 18 years old when he committed his first sexual crime, which he described as a violent assault on a teenage girl he encountered on the Deschutes River in Oregon. The attack was apparently never reported. "He intended to kill her, but decided to let her go," said Agent Jolene Goeden..." Serial killer 'enjoyed telling us details' - latimes.com

Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,540,154 times
Although I feel deeply for the families of this killer's possible victims who may forever go without answers about their loved ones, I have to say I am always thankful when a known criminal decides to off themselves and rid society of their presence. I like knowing that no more money will be spent on them sitting in prison for decades, going through appeals, etc.

And I think that for the known victim's family members, once they get past the initial anger over the suicide, knowing that this person is dead will ultimately allow them a deeper form of peace.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:37 PM

3,522 posts, read 3,927,388 times
I wonder, could you make a career out of killing serial killers? Or does that make you a serial killer yourself?

Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,309,652 times
It's interesting that his death was described as "not a hanging." He apparently acquired a razor blade to slash his wrist and also managed to "strangle himself." How does one do that, exactly? I'm not saying he didn't kill himself, because frankly, I don't care if he received a little old style prison justice, but it seems a bit odd.

Troopers: Alaska Killer Cut Wrist, Strangled Self - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime