U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM

1,017 posts, read 2,122,164 times

Advertisements

Serial killer found dead: Israel Keyes confessed to other killings - chicagotribune.com

"The jail-cell suicide of suspected serial killer Israel Keyes, held in the killing of Alaska barista Samantha Koenig, has seemingly solved one other murder mystery, and has brought closure for one family -- even as it has left the grieving Koenig family feeling as though justice was yanked from their grasp."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,305,182 times
Forgive me if I sound ice cold, but I'm glad he offed himself, and the family of that beautiful young woman will be later when the raw emotions wear off a bit. If he hadn't done this, he might have been alive for years, eating food, watching TV, etc.

No justice in that when he stole those simple pleasures, and everything else, from his victims.

I'm just sorry they didn't get the names of all of the other victims out of that bag of excrement before he wussed out.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,193,916 times
Vt. investigators: 'Pure evil' killed married couple | Vermont - WPTZ Home

How officials linked man in Alaska to Vt. murders | News - WPTZ Home

Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,793,647 times
First of all, i feel for any of the families that this scumbag ruined, and also wish or hope he volunteered more info than the LE is letting on 2. That being said, I'm glad he iced himself. Saved us taxpayers many $$, to give em another damn meal. Let em rot in a pine box. And even that is 2 good, just throw em in the ocean and let the sharks eat his ass!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,887,222 times
dexter killed him

Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Forgive me if I sound ice cold, but I'm glad he offed himself, and the family of that beautiful young woman will be later when the raw emotions wear off a bit. If he hadn't done this, he might have been alive for years, eating food, watching TV, etc.

No justice in that when he stole those simple pleasures, and everything else, from his victims.

I'm just sorry they didn't get the names of all of the other victims out of that bag of excrement before he wussed out.
I don't know his final total but he did give up information of 6 or 7 other victims. So, at least he didn't take that to his grave.

I'm glad he's dead and there will be no trial, the family will have to seek it's closure some way but at least many many other families will get closure.

To read it, the guy was pretty pro. Selected people he didn't know in isolated areas....secret caches of wheapons etc. they are lucky to have caught him relatively young.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,465,922 times
This has been a horrific case in our state; people in this community, for months and months have been devastated with the case, no leads, not knowing where this couple was--other than knowing that something horrible had happened to them - there was no evidence, there was pretty much nothing for the state police to go on -- their neighbors, community, employer/co-workers were all devastated.

Certainly I, as well as the community was both relieved and glad that the offender was identified - and was going to be brought back to Vermont to be prosecuted and held accountable - in some ways, I can say, yes, great, saved the taxpayers a ton of money from being tried, housed in a prison, etc. ... great, he killed himself for whatever reasons.

Yet, there is another part of me who believes he was not held accountable; no one from the family or community gets to be in a courtroom / give an victim impact statement -- they have been denied that very important opportunity which is one of importance, I believe, to truly help in the healing process. Sure, there is now an end to this case -- but it is not necessarily the optimal way for family and friends to find peace.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM

3,813 posts, read 3,658,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
This has been a horrific case in our state; people in this community, for months and months have been devastated with the case, no leads, not knowing where this couple was--other than knowing that something horrible had happened to them - there was no evidence, there was pretty much nothing for the state police to go on -- their neighbors, community, employer/co-workers were all devastated.

Certainly I, as well as the community was both relieved and glad that the offender was identified - and was going to be brought back to Vermont to be prosecuted and held accountable - in some ways, I can say, yes, great, saved the taxpayers a ton of money from being tried, housed in a prison, etc. ... great, he killed himself for whatever reasons.

Yet, there is another part of me who believes he was not held accountable; no one from the family or community gets to be in a courtroom / give an victim impact statement -- they have been denied that very important opportunity which is one of importance, I believe, to truly help in the healing process. Sure, there is now an end to this case -- but it is not necessarily the optimal way for family and friends to find peace.
The outcome may have not been optimal. However, his death ended a lot. Who knows what might have happened during the court trial? It would have been YEARS before it made it to trial and then what? Maybe a bad search, botched prosecution, etc and the guy might have walked free. I'm not saying this would have occurred, however worse things have.

The families can now go on with their lives. They don't have spend countless numbers of years, reliving the event, over and over and over again. Anxiety ridden, not knowing what the exact outcome will be.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,305,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post

Maybe the community can hold a memorial vigil where family and friends can speak their peace and get it off their chests (I agree, they need to voice their anger, sadness, and distress) but I'd bet my life savings that the bag of excrement who did this would be utterly unmoved by anything they had to say. He had no conscience. There was no way to make him feel remorse for what he had done. He may have even enjoyed listening to the stories.

My condolences to the family, friends, and community of the people affected. It truly sucks when something horrific hits close to home.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,349,377 times
They don't even know for sure who all he killed. Some of them haven't even been found. So for that reason I'm sorry he's dead. The creep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime