U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 PM

32,425 posts, read 17,759,893 times

Advertisements

Programs reduce recividism. Treating substance abusers who are incarcerated is only logical. I don't see offering treatment as coddling inmates. Besides every one knows there is meth inside prison. They can still get some of they want it. They can also go to AA or NA, unless they are in a max prison where they are locked down 23/7.

A lot of faith based program volunteers go to prisons. The road to recovery is still up to the individual. And I have heard the recovery rate is pretty low. One program on meth stated it was around 6%.

http://www.alanellis.com/CM/Publicat...ism-072006.pdf

Old 12-30-2012, 02:31 PM

122 posts, read 235,671 times
ekkkkk. do they have faces of pot? these would be fat and blobby from eattin so much

but seriously. you have to have no respect for yourself to use this Meth. I was told some of the ingredeints are scary and they make this sometimes in a bathtub. Wonders if there is body hair, skins and soap scum in this product ..... sheesh

Old 12-30-2012, 03:02 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,465,118 times
They should make giant color posters of these mugshots and put them up in every high school in the country.

Perhaps they should start earlier than high school - OMG, horrible. But then again, no doubt there are many people who might decide to simply 'try it once' never never thinking this can happen to them.

So question, once someone stops, can any degree of the damage done be rectified or lessened? That is a medical/scientific question = I have no clue.

I would hope so.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
They should make giant color posters of these mugshots and put them up in every high school in the country.

Perhaps they should start earlier than high school - OMG, horrible. But then again, no doubt there are many people who might decide to simply 'try it once' never never thinking this can happen to them.

So question, once someone stops, can any degree of the damage done be rectified or lessened? That is a medical/scientific question = I have no clue.

I would hope so.

where I live a lot of senior citizens are doing this. But I agree put this up in the HS. make them watch a documentary the first and last day of the school year and before and after vacation breaks.

Once your face teeth gums are deformed and rotten you can't go back. maybe some surgeries and implants can help. In my area a lot of the people have lost bone mass in the mouth and can not even move the face right or wear the dentures.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,296,938 times
Great ad here View Our Meth Ads & Commercials - Meth Project

Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,492,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
***WARNING THIS CAN MAKE YOU FEEL ILL.***

If after viewing these photos someone still wants to meth it up...well you're crazy!

New Faces Of Meth Ads Are Utterly Harrowing - Business Insider

So troubling!

That is the scariest st*t that I ever seen and I have worked in ERs!

FAr as I'm concern that should legalize hemp tax it and use the money to fight the hard stuff thus save the government millions a year!

Last edited by simetime; 12-30-2012 at 05:03 PM..

Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 PM

i feel that once you start pot you graduate for the next drug high .........pot is the stepping STONED.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,342,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT KRIS View Post
ekkkkk. do they have faces of pot? these would be fat and blobby from eattin so much

but seriously. you have to have no respect for yourself to use this Meth. I was told some of the ingredeints are scary and they make this sometimes in a bathtub. Wonders if there is body hair, skins and soap scum in this product ..... sheesh

That's better than what's supposed to normally be in it, believe me. There are over 400 different corrosive and flammable chemicals in meth so dangerous that cops aren't allowed to clean the places out without hazmat suits and breathing equipment. And let me point out that most people make this filth in their home where their children are exposed to the fumes all day, every day.

Until the place blows up and kills them all, of course.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,296,938 times
Holy Moley- check out the picture attached to this lovely story. The woman on the right (the mother) is reported to be 46. No mention of meth in the article, but they didn't really need to mention it.

Mother, daughter reverse course, pleading guilty in death of elderly coin collector - Las Vegas Sun News

Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,883,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
yet we pump our kids full of amphetamines as treatment for ADD
Yep, I've yet to see a good outcome. Most of the kids my son went to school with who were treated with amphetamines went on to be substance abusers, in and out rehab. A few have passed on.

Its the new window drug for future drug abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or