U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,364,683 times

Advertisements

I know what you mean Tijlover...I once lost a temp job after just having moved and right at the holidays, I thought that I would end on the street in Maine in the middle of winter..it made me beg the guy for the job, like a kid...just totally OTT...I never beg for anything and hardly recognized myself, afte I hung up wanted to go over there and slap him..(luckily I didn't and got another job someplace else)..It just shows how someone can be confronted with something so scary and can snap or act totally out of character...just saying we all can be in some position where we lose control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM

5,147 posts, read 6,339,779 times
Possible. But I've had similar experiences and had no thought of that option. Ideas have to be put in your mind. I'll make a bold prediction that the overwhelming majority of people even in America would react to desperation in other ways. Getting rip roaring drunk. Taking an overdose of pills. Getting religion. Violence is an eccentric act, even in one of the world's really violent countries.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:57 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,364,683 times
LOL and me being the eccentric that I am!! it's possible!!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,894,650 times
Responsibility of how these guns were stored and who could access them belongs to the gunmans mother. Period.

Had they been secured properly in a home where she was clearly aware of her son's challenges, these little angels would be celebrating Christmas in their homes among their families and love ones.

RIP Little Angels.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:37 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,347,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
...just saying we all can be in some position where we lose control.

Very, very true.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM

4,755 posts, read 6,532,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Responsibility of how these guns were stored and who could access them belongs to the gunmans mother. Period.
I would like to find out about how the guns were stored in her home.
I wonder if Adam figured out how to break into a safe, if they were in one?

Old 12-23-2012, 05:01 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
This may be a controversial statement, but I am more inclined to think this killer, and the Colombine killers were insane, they ultimately turned their weapons on themselves, as opposed to the Colorado theatre shooter, or even the Arizona shooter. Even the Fort Hood guy is still alive.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:21 PM

139 posts, read 136,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This may be a controversial statement, but I am more inclined to think this killer, and the Colombine killers were insane, they ultimately turned their weapons on themselves, as opposed to the Colorado theatre shooter, or even the Arizona shooter. Even the Fort Hood guy is still alive.
and i notice too that every person that acts out these mass killings are MALES.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 PM

4,755 posts, read 6,532,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Have you read the book Columbine? Its an incredibly well-researched, in-depth analysis of the two who shot up the school. They each have very different psychological issues, and fed off each other once they became friends, and I believe that one of them would have most likely gone on to commit a major crime even if had not met the other, but the reverse is not true.

I just heard someone speaking on NPR the other day talking about how many of the guys who go on shooting rampages are actually deeply suicidal and plan their own demise as part of the shooting spree. The mindset of someone who is suicidal is one where the person feels deep despair, hopelessness, and often anger and rage (usually blown out of proportion to the events in their life). So if you consider a person feeling that way, and then add in other factors which are unique to each shooter, it isn't really all that surprising that many of these spree killers end up killing themselves or setting up a situation where they will be killed by the cops.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM

139 posts, read 136,879 times
that makes a lot of sense KittenSparkles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or