U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM

32,089 posts, read 32,994,562 times

Advertisements

It seems that the guns used by the shooter were legally owned by his mother who was among his victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 05:12 PM

2,867 posts, read 2,988,139 times
Very tragic!! My heart goes out to the parents especially. From a politically neutral point of view, I see this administration enacting or attempting to enact some sort or new legislation regarding firearms, their purchase, possession, etc. Again being politically neutral not playing to one side or another, just observing and predicting. Anyone else agree?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:35 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,095,038 times
Very neutral.

terrible news, R.I.P to these little angels.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,077,232 times
These poor parents, I can't watch this, I keep thinking they have bought their Christmas presents. Were they in kindergarten? One of the saddest things imaginable.
Yes, little angels in heaven now but the poor parents and brothers, sisters and grandparents. May God be with them and comfort them as only he can.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:26 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,307,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
These poor parents, I can't watch this, I keep thinking they have bought their Christmas presents.

I hadn't even thought of that. You're right, the fact that it happened around the Holidays makes it even worse, if that's possible. This is so unbelievably sad.

Mental illness in this country has got to be addressed. We can't keep housing our mentally ill on the streets as homeless people, or leaving a family alone with no resources to deal with it.

Many people on the internet have said that members of his family probably knew he was a ticking time bomb. What exactly were they supposed to do about it?

My heart goes out to the families. They say the person who switched on the intercom in the office and the custodian who ran down the halls warning people probably saved many lives. I'm always thankful for the heroes.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:53 AM

139 posts, read 325,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
These public shootings are getting out of hand. Why can't people just take themself out and leave innocent people alone. It makes me so sad to think of innocent little children losing their life like this.

the medical make up of these killers are ones who are not popular- loners, and want to become famous for their crimes.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 AM

139 posts, read 325,573 times
NOTE To Readers Almost 99 percent of every post Chava61 was both incorrect and never mentioned in the news.

I know news of issues like this is never on spot but Chava61 your posts are grossly false and never reported.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 22 days ago)

8,704 posts, read 10,847,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Very tragic!! My heart goes out to the parents especially. From a politically neutral point of view, I see this administration enacting or attempting to enact some sort or new legislation regarding firearms, their purchase, possession, etc. Again being politically neutral not playing to one side or another, just observing and predicting. Anyone else agree?

I agree. This problem has reached "critical mass" and something has to be done.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 22 days ago)

8,704 posts, read 10,847,720 times
I used to believe it was primarily a mental illness problem and related to that. I don't anymore at all. It's a problem with these types having/getting guns. I don't believe bombs or the like would be used in exchange, as some say, that frequently. They "enjoy" dressing up in camoflauge and black outfits like a video game gone mad. These types, mentally ill, but shrewd enough to find the guns, plan, get ammo, etc. How come their "mental illness" doesn't prevent them from acting in such a "shrewd, planned" way? I'm sick of the mental illness defense. Even if so, they kill because they can.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:57 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,307,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Karson View Post
NOTE To Readers Almost 99 percent of every post Chava61 was both incorrect and never mentioned in the news.

I know news of issues like this is never on spot but Chava61 your posts are grossly false and never reported.

I don't see it that way. As Chava posted, 20 children are dead, the shooter's mother worked at the school and was found dead at her home, and the guns were registered to the mother. (If the news reports are to be believed).

Most of the early misinformation seemed to come from the media, who, in a rush to get it on the air and in the press, didn't check their information out carefully. Law enforcement sources didn't help when they initially named the wrong brother as the shooter. This type of thing frequently happens in the early hours after a major tragedy.

I can't even to begin to imagine what the families of the victims are going through right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or