Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmadisonX View Post
and i notice too that every person that acts out these mass killings are MALES.
Yes. I have noticed that too. In prison there is a much larger population of males that commit violent crimes. Women do commit violent crime, but not often against a gropu of strangers, women are more likely to commit crime against people they know, and less likely to use guns, unless they are doing a criminal act with a man.

Not sure why that is, and I wonder what can be done to end school shootings. Crime against children.

I am not sure I hold the parents of the CT shooter responsible. They could not have predicted this horrific crime. Same with the Columbine killers. Sadly, you cannot control the actions of "adult" children against their families. Even if the Mother had not had guns in the home, her son may have purchased weapons indepentdently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 08:32 PM

139 posts, read 170,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes. I have noticed that too. In prison there is a much larger population of males that commit violent crimes. Women do commit violent crime, but not often against a gropu of strangers, women are more likely to commit crime against people they know, and less likely to use guns, unless they are doing a criminal act with a man.

Not sure why that is, and I wonder what can be done to end school shootings. Crime against children.

I am not sure I hold the parents of the CT shooter responsible. They could not have predicted this horrific crime. Same with the Columbine killers. Sadly, you cannot control the actions of "adult" children against their families. Even if the Mother had not had guns in the home, her son may have purchased weapons indepentdently.
I agree on many levels.

Only thing i have against the mom here is she new her son was mentally challenged and she should not had ammo in the home or taking him to the shooting range. Nor should she allowed to have the basement set up as his cave ........ were he spent so much time playing aggressive games.

I am one of the few who keep him an the mom in my thoughts. He was ill and something triggered him off and If he was alive and did not do this and i new him I would have given him a few hugs so he new that someone cared......

As per his dad not much is known or accurate. But mom created a lot of the lifestyle he lived and than wanted to hand him over to the state. When he found out his heart was broken. Basically she allowed him a social life of violence and then she got fed up....... idk ....... maybe she regretted at the end for allowing him to be such a recluse...... there is still a lot I and we are un-aware of.....

I am also sadden that his body has not been claimed unless that status has changed.... Dad needs to man up and claim his son regardless of what he did

Old 12-23-2012, 08:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Wow! The family has not claimed the body? Interesting.

I guess he wants to distance himself from the whole situation. But it really makes it worse. It appears he was not there for his son or ex in life, or death. Common in divorce, just forget about the past.

True, the son was Autistic, but he probably could have purchased weapons himself. No laws against it.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I do not see, that it isn't on the rise. First that Wikipedia article is poorly compiled, and hard to read. Anyways, all of the early cases were incidents where a student had an issue with a teacher, and took a handgun to school and killed the teacher. One student killing one teacher. Thats hardly relevant to what is happening today.

Its not the amount of incidents that increasing, but rather the amount of deaths, because of the type of weapons being used. Here are some number I got form the Wikipedia article. Just from reading through it, one time. I haven't double checked these numbers, so there are probably a lot of mistakes, but here is a general idea.

1900s 7 (7 dead)
1910s 2 (2 dead)
1920s 3 (40 dead)
1930s 9 (11 dead, 3 wounded)
1940s 12 (14 dead, 4 wounded)
1950s 19 (15 dead, 5 wounded)
1960s 11 (36 dead, 35 wounded)
1970s 14 (27 dead, 49 wounded)
1980s 18 (23 dead, 137 wounded)
1990s 18 (39 dead, 89 wounded)
2000s 14 (61 dead, 58 wounded)
2010s 7 (34 dead, 4 wounded)

Again I know these numbers are not accurate. But no matter how you look at it, the number of deaths in school shootings are skyrocketing. This is going to be the most deadly decade for school shootings ever. And all the crying, praying, and handholding is not going to be able to stop that from happening.
The population and number of schools have also increased.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 PM

139 posts, read 170,126 times
Quote:

I guess he wants to distance himself from the whole situation. But it really makes it worse. It appears he was not there for his son or ex in life, or death. Common in divorce, just forget about the past.

True, the son was Autistic, but he probably could have purchased weapons himself. No laws against it.
he tried to purchase ammo with his brothers id Because he was under age in Ct you have to be 21 and over. They interviewed the Gun Shop owner on the news. I did not listen to the entire interview but he mentioned that the ID was not valid.

There were reports that Adam did not want contact with the dad not sure if that is still the case as the news changes a lot . But yeah dad should still man up to claiming his son.

every day for a week i wish i could wake up and say wow what a bad nightmare -------- its beyond sad and i still do not want to believe this happend

Old 12-24-2012, 08:13 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:

Maybe he could have purchased firearms, we don't know enough about his history to be sure.

Fact still remain.... he used his mothers unsecured guns to murder her and 26 other people.

Would it still have happened...how can we say with certainty it would ?

I don't think he's insane simply because of the suicide factor.

Its not uncommon in Domestic Violence for the Husband or significant other to shoot his partner, then himself. Most of them would not be considered insane.

Last edited by virgode; 12-24-2012 at 08:28 AM..

Old 12-25-2012, 06:31 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Maybe he could have purchased firearms, we don't know enough about his history to be sure.

Fact still remain.... he used his mothers unsecured guns to murder her and 26 other people.

Would it still have happened...how can we say with certainty it would ?

I don't think he's insane simply because of the suicide factor.

Its not uncommon in Domestic Violence for the Husband or significant other to shoot his partner, then himself. Most of them would not be considered insane.

Exactly. I have heard a lot of people say they THINK he had a mental condition, but everyone becomes a psychologist after a school shooting.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:29 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmadisonX View Post
and i notice too that every person that acts out these mass killings are MALES.
Women use more "powerful weapons" to kill people (well, driving someone to suicide, isn't that murder?) it's called passive-agressiveness! Certainly not the complete dominion of women, men can use those weapons, too!

But women are catching up with men, as they slowly discover their masculine sides, as the women's prison population is growing, I believe, at a higher rate than for men.

The unity is well underway: yin and yang! But women are too shy today about admitting it: we're all 50% male, 50% female!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Exactly. I have heard a lot of people say they THINK he had a mental condition, but everyone becomes a psychologist after a school shooting.
I've seen a couple of photos of him and his head had a very awkward shape. Do you think he could have had forceps damage or something?

I read an interview with his old barber and the barber said some outrageous things that got the commenters going, but what struck me was that the barber said that when he tried to engage the kid in conversation, the mother would jump in before the kid could even answer.

Is this one of those Norman Bates (fictional, I know) type cases of a domineering mother wreaking havok on her offsping? She was his first kill in the rampage.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 AM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
It's a tragic event
God bless these victims and their families

I wonder is really that there is a mental disease that let a person do such a bad crime.

I don't know but I can't believe that those killers don't know their wrong behavior.

if they really don't 't know their behavior why did they kill themselves after that.

Can we say that mental disease is only a justification for the crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime