U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
 
13,612 posts, read 10,315,877 times
Reputation: 17659

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post

I honestly would not be surprised if the prison staff had planned it.
And I don't care if they did. You know what one of the problems with our criminal justice system is? We punish people, not actions. Some dumbass on crack blows away a store clerk in the act of robbery? He gets the death penalty. Some serial killer like Dahmer gets life in prison? the net effect was the same. Loss of innocent human life.

Sorry people, but that's BS. We need to punish actions, not people. You took an innocent life? Well, sorry about your crap childhood, but you gotta go. Humanely, because I don't want to see us giving up our own humanity for vengeance, but you're outta here.

The world has a finite number of resources. We shouldn't be wasting them on predators IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
 
7,112 posts, read 9,357,555 times
Reputation: 8162
Randy Kraft killed men only, as did two other guys killing at the same time in the same place, Bill Bonin (his victims were all teenaged boys) and Patrick Wayne Kearney.

John Joubert killed young boys.
Dean Corll killed 27 boys and men.
J. Frank Hickey killed young boys.
The Copelands killed homeless men.
Ron Bailey killed only young men.
Juan Corona killed men only, all transient farm workers.
Fritz Haarmann killed young homeless men, probably about 30 in all.
Des Nilsen killed about 17 men.
Angel Resendez killed mostly men, IIRC.
Donald Harvey killed mostly men.


...and on and on.

Jeff Dahmer's killing was miles from being an accident. He was doing anything he could do and saying anything he could say to get someone to kill him. He felt like he deserved it. Christopher Scarver finally obliged him. I've heard Dahmer's last words were something to the effect of "I wish you would just kill me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Australia
1,058 posts, read 1,450,793 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
And I don't care if they did. You know what one of the problems with our criminal justice system is? We punish people, not actions. Some dumbass on crack blows away a store clerk in the act of robbery? He gets the death penalty. Some serial killer like Dahmer gets life in prison? the net effect was the same. Loss of innocent human life.

Sorry people, but that's BS. We need to punish actions, not people. You took an innocent life? Well, sorry about your crap childhood, but you gotta go. Humanely, because I don't want to see us giving up our own humanity for vengeance, but you're outta here.

The world has a finite number of resources. We shouldn't be wasting them on predators IMHO.
Oh, believe me, I have no sympathy for the likes of Dahmer or Gacy.

If a dog mauls one human being, it will be euthanised without question.

If a human being goes around kidnapping, raping, molesting, torturing, murdering or eating 100 innocent human beings, they get sympathy, parole, life in prison, GROUPIES, protective custody to keep them away from other prisoners - sometimes even a slap on the wrist and freedom.

This is not right. I agree that a crappy childhood isn't a valid excuse. Most people on this planet have crappy childhoods but most people don't turn into serial killers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
27,093 posts, read 5,934,133 times
Reputation: 30347
Oh I agree, being fired is nothing, really....if there was anything more done as punishment etc, I am not aware of it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geulivier View Post
being fired isn't a satisfying punishment, maybe doing time in prison since they were somewhat responsible for the death of the boy, it's like those 2 cops can be turned into fictional characters and be used in Saturday Night Live or any other comedy sitcoms. What comes to mind is also dumb and dumber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
27,093 posts, read 5,934,133 times
Reputation: 30347
It was not accidental.

An 25 yr old inmate beat him to death. (Dahmer was on bathroom-cleaning detail at the time, along with another inmate, who was also beaten, but lived).




Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
I sometimes wonder whether Dahmer's death was truly accidental.

Leaving Dahmer, a white man who preyed on mostly black men, and Jesse Anderson, a white man who tried to frame two innocent black men for the murder of his wife (when he was the real culprit), alone with Christopher Scarver, a mentally ill black murderer who was known to be hostile to whites, just seems like too much of a coincidence to really be just a coincidence. Scarver beat both Dahmer and Anderson with a metal bar, which resulted in both of their deaths.

Anyone with common sense could predict what could have happened if Dahmer, Scarver and Anderson were left unsupervised with weapons. I honestly would not be surprised if the prison staff had planned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Australia
1,058 posts, read 1,450,793 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
It was not accidental.

An 25 yr old inmate beat him to death. (Dahmer was on bathroom-cleaning detail at the time, along with another inmate, who was also beaten, but lived).
I know but doesn't it seem like a setup to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
 
13,612 posts, read 10,315,877 times
Reputation: 17659
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
I know but doesn't it seem like a setup to you?
I agree with you that it probably was. Life is very cheap in prison.

This is why I am surprised that Joran Vandersloot is still alive. If I was a relative of Natalie Holloway or Stephany Florez, he wouldn't be.

As for the serial killers that target men, It seems as though a perpetrator's sexual identity is a factor since most of these heinous crimes seem to have a sexual component to them whether committed against males or females.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 06:03 PM
 
7,112 posts, read 9,357,555 times
Reputation: 8162
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Oh, believe me, I have no sympathy for the likes of Dahmer or Gacy.

If a dog mauls one human being, it will be euthanised without question.

If a human being goes around kidnapping, raping, molesting, torturing, murdering or eating 100 innocent human beings, they get sympathy, parole, life in prison, GROUPIES, protective custody to keep them away from other prisoners - sometimes even a slap on the wrist and freedom.

This is not right. I agree that a crappy childhood isn't a valid excuse. Most people on this planet have crappy childhoods but most people don't turn into serial killers.

I don't know of any who got a slap on the wrist. Can you name names?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Australia
1,058 posts, read 1,450,793 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I don't know of any who got a slap on the wrist. Can you name names?
These are just 2 examples, there are many more cases where someone molests a kid and gets a few months in jail only to get parole or an early release for "good behaviour". The victims have to suffer for the rest of their lives, so anything sentence less than life in prison is pathetic to me.


Religious teacher molests child, gets 9 months jail - Channel NewsAsia

9 months jail for molesting a child is a joke.


Here is another one: Pedophile Tells Victim

Andrew Goodman rapes a 13 year boy for 4 years and he only get 2 years in prison! 2 years is pathetic. He should be locked away for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 PM
 
7,112 posts, read 9,357,555 times
Reputation: 8162
OK, pedophilia is different. There is no cure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top