U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:47 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,464,635 times

Advertisements

...Wow, I wonder how many people went to prison or went free for the wrong reasons on her watch?

I would think [non-law experience thinking] that there have to be some crimes in addition to fraud re: her background...such as tainting evidence; lying to police officers/prosecutors; fabricating evidence, etc. Perhaps she should not only be charged with punishable crimes and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law but also have to serve additional years for each sentence that was imposed on someone who was innocent = i.e. if someone is and/or has served 5 years for a crime they did not do, add that 5 years to her sentence; compel her to pay financial restitution for those who lost their jobs because they were incarcerated wrongfully --

The system is tough enough; it fails enough all on its own - to do something like this, deliberately, wow -- how do you really describe this one, besides simply awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 06:55 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,791,926 times
Just another sad example off affirmative action laws run foul in this state..Often the most qualified are passed over to keep the playing field even. A disgrace..

Old 12-26-2012, 07:25 PM

I am not sure where affirmative action fits in all of this at all - this is about a person who committed fraud, lied, manufactured evidence and/or tampered w/evidence and created havoc w/in the system and needs to be punished for it.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,216,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
OMG IKR I'm sure the innocent people she has put in prison w/ "Big Bubba" and "The Bruiser" find her "hot" as well.
I would suspect innocent people she has put in prison would be more like me, which thinks "hotness" is more than looks. I sure would not think someone that put me in prison for something I didn't do was hot.

But then again, I write to people in prison, just don't if they are innocent or not, but none of them complain about "big bubba" or "the bruiser" ... LOL

They mostly gripe about the food.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,767,146 times
[SIZE=2]Authorities alleged in court records Thursday that Dookhan once emailed a fake test result to a prosecutor for use in a criminal case, relying on a sample that had been gone from the lab for about six months.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Authorities have said Dookhan admitted to investigators she sometimes would 'dry lab' samples, meaning she would test some samples for drugs and assume the others were positive. She also allegedly admitted she sometimes added a known narcotic to a sample to turn it positive if it tested negative.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]In addition, authorities claimed Thursday that Dookhan testified 14 times that she had a master's degree in chemistry from the University of Massachusetts-Boston although investigators found she was never enrolled in classes at that level[/SIZE]

wow. Martha Coakley as Atty General better start reforming the lab security up there. Serious federal offense.

The crime lab apparently has no security or cameras, ?.

No wonder criminal defense attys are so busy these days.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 AM

Criminal defense attorneys are going to be working on over overtime! I betcha every single solitary case this woman was involved in will be scrutinized - verdicts overturned - new trials - WOW - and can you just imagine the lawsuits that are going to be slammed on this one for wrongful imprisonment and other misc sundries. And of course, those who may be been acquitted who may be guilty, I would also think the double jeopardy would not allow any of those cases be heard again -- and/or this is going to be marching its way up to the US Supreme Court.

I am thinking though, even if there was security in the lab and/or cameras, how would that have illustrated that false reports were being crafted - I would think all those cameras would have shown was that work was being done.

This can certainly be a Dateline program, for sure!

I am probably going to be slammed for this comment [smile] but should her defense attorney present a disorder of some kind which compelled her to do these outrageous acts, that certainly should not mean that she did not know that it is was/was not wrong. These actions affected other people's lives - many unfairly - yikes - it will be interesting to see how the process and the system will pan out w/this case.

Will it go to trial? Will there be a plea? I am looking forward to following this case as the true facts come out.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM

7,106 posts, read 9,339,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Criminal defense attorneys are going to be working on over overtime! I betcha every single solitary case this woman was involved in will be scrutinized - verdicts overturned - new trials - WOW - and can you just imagine the lawsuits that are going to be slammed on this one for wrongful imprisonment and other misc sundries. And of course, those who may be been acquitted who may be guilty, I would also think the double jeopardy would not allow any of those cases be heard again -- and/or this is going to be marching its way up to the US Supreme Court.

I am thinking though, even if there was security in the lab and/or cameras, how would that have illustrated that false reports were being crafted - I would think all those cameras would have shown was that work was being done.

This can certainly be a Dateline program, for sure!

I am probably going to be slammed for this comment [smile] but should her defense attorney present a disorder of some kind which compelled her to do these outrageous acts, that certainly should not mean that she did not know that it is was/was not wrong. These actions affected other people's lives - many unfairly - yikes - it will be interesting to see how the process and the system will pan out w/this case.

Will it go to trial? Will there be a plea? I am looking forward to following this case as the true facts come out.

Ms. Fake Chemist should have to pay out of pocket for every scrap of re-investigation, retesting, and a new round of court fees, attorney fees and whatever it costs to expunge someone's record.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM

Ms. Fake Chemist should have to pay out of pocket for every scrap of re-investigation, retesting, and a new round of court fees, attorney fees and whatever it costs to expunge someone's record.

Hopefully, at least for the State's sake, she/they [meaning the State] has E&O Insurance [errors and omissions] and/or professional liability insurance and more hopefully, there is no cap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or