U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,466,607 times

Advertisements

Cliffie, along those same lines - perhaps back to the central square of towns - stocks and pillary - total exposure and humiliation on top of a jail sentence. You are right, people like that never want to be exposed and clearly, never in public. Back in the 'old days' of stocks and the pillary = I believe the villagers would throw food at them, whatever they could find, rotten eggs, etc. Sometimes perhaps that is not a bad thing to do?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM

56,159 posts, read 54,630,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmadisonX View Post
when i was living in dublin papers use to post a deceased persons address and people would go there to rob it when they heard the person died and some who new the relatives would rob them during the wake an funeral
They used to do that here in the US. Newspapers would publish the address of the deceased, I guess so people could send cards, and then they were burglarized during the funerals, so the papers stopped publishing the addresses.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
There seems to be no depth to which some people will descend. What lowlifes.
After the recent hurricane, there were people on Staten Island dressed in stolen Con Ed uniforms (Consolidated Edison is the electric company in New York City) knocking on doors and saying they needed to check the electrical in people's houses. Then they would rob the place.

Some people have no moral filters.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:54 PM

122 posts, read 235,875 times
you think this is bad..... talking to a friend in Westchester, NY and she told me her husbands cousins job was to clean up after the shooting in the school. He has lost 15 lbs since the clean up he can't eat and keep it down, sleep, has been interrupted with nightmares. He and several others are in the process of filing for SSD due to the emotional trauma they had to bear. He took photos while they were cleaning up and my friend said she would not look at that .... her husband said he saw it because it came on his phone and said it was like the Texas Chainsaw massacre. He is livid that his cousin sent him that ........ Apparently the cleaners are trying or in the process of a deal to also sell the photos to the Daily Mail.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT KRIS View Post
you think this is bad..... talking to a friend in Westchester, NY and she told me her husbands cousins job was to clean up after the shooting in the school. He has lost 15 lbs since the clean up he can't eat and keep it down, sleep, has been interrupted with nightmares. He and several others are in the process of filing for SSD due to the emotional trauma they had to bear. He took photos while they were cleaning up and my friend said she would not look at that .... her husband said he saw it because it came on his phone and said it was like the Texas Chainsaw massacre. He is livid that his cousin sent him that ........ Apparently the cleaners are trying or in the process of a deal to also sell the photos to the Daily Mail.
Gee, I felt bad for the guy until the last sentence.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,311,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Dear God. Me too. How could you do something like that?

Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 PM

I was on facebook talking/ DM'ing to my friend and she told her husbands cousin that if tries this . She will call the school district , news and police so he can not make money from this event. I am glad she is stepping up to plate. These are angels in peace and do not need to be victims AGAIN. Her husband is VERY VERY angry and said he is ashamed that his cousin would even send that in a text to him . He is not speaking to him and said no apology will change how he feels.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,354,537 times
Quote:
They used to do that here in the US. Newspapers would publish the address of the deceased, I guess so people could send cards, and then they were burglarized during the funerals, so the papers stopped publishing the addresses.

They still do it. It's standard practice for a certain type of high-quality individual to read funeral notices and rob the house during the service. Evidently they feel the family isn't already going through enough.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:07 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,354,537 times
Quote:
SSD!? He needs a few sessions with a good trauma counselor. Giving up on ever being employed again is not going to help him at all.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
SSD!? He needs a few sessions with a good trauma counselor. Giving up on ever being employed again is not going to help him at all.
It appear that there are a lot of Newtown workers and home owners who are going to apply or have applied for ssd and are in the process of selling their homes and moving.

This really distroyed a beautiful quiet town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or