U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 09:41 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,331,559 times

Advertisements

This one is long, sorry, but it's got me riled

A man's fiance turns up at the girl's mother's house to take the girl Christmas shopping. The mother has no problem with this as the fiance has been around the child for four years and they had been on many outings before. She (Jade) referred to her (Stokes) as her stepmother. The father was out of town for work.

A few hours later, the news reports that the fiance has just walked into her place of employment and slashed a coworker's face with razor blades (love triangle). Metro already has Stokes in custody when they receive word that she had a ten year old child with her earlier in the day and that the child wasn't home yet.

Metro went to Stokes' apartment and found some bloody clothing belonging to Jade. They knew they were looking for a body from the outset from what I can ascertain by the timelines.

A guy walking his dog found Jade's body not far from where I live. She had been stabbed to death. Stokes lived nowhere near here, so I guess it was just a convenient place.

Not only do I despise crimes against children, I especially hate it when people in a position of trust commit them. Vile.

Part of what's bugging me is the local reaction on the newspaper websites.

People are blaming the family for letting Jade go with Stokes (they must have known- not necessarily true).

Outright racism. (All of the people involved are black)

Blaming Metro for not issuing an Amber alert. (I'm no Metro apologist, but if they thought that they had a live child out there, they would have been all over it. They knew they had a homicide on their hands) That poor baby was dead before Stokes went and slashed her coworker.

Blaming Stokes' doctor because she claims she told him she felt like hurting people last week and she missed a Xanax dose. For anyone unfamiliar with that drug, it's often been described as booze in a pill. Missing a dose isn't going to drive anyone to murder.

There is no one to blame but Stokes. She did this horrible thing because she was pissed and jealous.

Thank you for letting me vent. Here are a couple of the articles.

Coroner ID's body as that of 10-year-old Jade Morris - Las Vegas Sun News

Body found in North Las Vegas may be missing girl's - News - ReviewJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 01:12 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,367,961 times
Waitaminnit, waitaminnit. Why kill the little girl? What was the point?

Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,331,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Waitaminnit, waitaminnit. Why kill the little girl? What was the point?

To hurt the father (fiance) whom she suspected was cheating on her with the coworker that she slashed.
Before they found Jade's body they had to remove him from the courtroom because he was freaking out and shouting 'Where is my baby" at the defendant.

Just awful.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 PM

Wow, that's right up there with Deanna Siefert. And she was presenting herself at a hospital asking to be locked up because she was going to hurt someone!!! Why didn't someone listen to her!!!

That poor family.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:57 AM

56,337 posts, read 54,765,930 times
Something similar happened with a distant relative of mine last year. I don't know them, but it was the grandchild of a cousin of my mom's who lives states away.

Little boy was 4, parents divorced, stepmother was intensely jealous of her husband's attention to his son and killed the boy, trying to stage it to look like an accident.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM

Where do they all come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or