Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times

Advertisements

There is so much stupid here, it's hard to tell where to start....

Vigilante Arrested For Posing as 14-year-old Girl in 'Sex Sting' to Catch Pedophile

Quote:
A 28-year-old man allegedly staged a sex sting by posing as a 14-year-old girl on Craigslist and then tried to blackmail the man who fell into his trap, police said.
But it gets worse.

Click on To read more about this story CLICK HERE and what the newspaper did was take a family photo, looks like mom, dad, sister and brother, from facebook and included that in the article. And no, they did not blur out the photos.

How would you like to be that assclown's brother or sister? Or maybe his mom or dad? I find this more intriguing than the original article. So now in America we are off to punishing the entire family just like they do in North Korea?

Last edited by nicet4; 12-31-2012 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
^^

Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,014 times
he is the real spiderman

Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,826,916 times
Are you kidding me? Well, I realize that you are not but the best I can do w/a response is simply shake my head in wonder and amazement -- so the pseudo Fed is going to be in a whole mess of trouble, not only for extorting money but impersonating a federal officer, that's big -- the guy who got caught in the sting - well, I trust minimal if anything will happen to him, maybe a deferred sentence and sex education of some sort.

I suppose it is always about intent -- two sides of intent on this one:
a. defense attorney: my client was attempting to help clean up the city by getting another sex offender off the street; his intention was honorable; he was trying to help law enforcement since they are so busy trying to keep up with the bad guys; the additional money that was taken from the offender was going to be donated to a non-profit agency to help victims of sexual exploitation;

b. prosecutor: offender decided to take the law into his own hands; impersonating a federal agent is a serious crime; offender had no intention of thwarting this possible offender's crime but rather to perpetrate extortion and blackmail.

And the jury's decision is???

Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
There is so much stupid here, it's hard to tell where to start....

Vigilante Arrested For Posing as 14-year-old Girl in 'Sex Sting' to Catch Pedophile

But it gets worse.

Click on To read more about this story CLICK HERE and what the newspaper did was take a family photo, looks like mom, dad, sister and brother, from facebook and included that in the article. And no, they did not blur out the photos.

How would you like to be that assclown's brother or sister? Or maybe his mom or dad? I find this more intriguing than the original article. So now in America we are off to punishing the entire family just like they do in North Korea?
Did you even read the story you posted? He was NOT arrested for posing as a 14 year old girl, he was arrested for EXTORTION and for accepting money to release the 19 year old.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:32 PM

34 posts, read 34,252 times
no they shouldn't have posted his family, because innocent people should not have to deal with that type of drama.

both individuals should be dealt with by the law of the land. not only will the vigilante get charged with extortion, and impersonating a federal agent, but he might also get false imprisonment and or kidnapping.
the 19 year old should get charged with child enticement. i dont know what else they could charge the 19 year old with.

read he only got charged with extortion.

Last edited by anarchy305; 12-31-2012 at 03:14 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,076,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy305 View Post
no they shouldn't have posted his family, because innocent people should not have to deal with that type of drama.

both individuals should be dealt with by the law of the land. not only will the vigilante get charged with extortion, and impersonating a federal agent, but he might also get false imprisonment and or kidnapping.
the 19 year old should get charged with child enticement. i dont know what else they could charge the 19 year old with.

read he only got charged with extortion.
I agree, tho' I think maybe they should do away with those internet stings all together...then stunts like this couldn't be pulled, and you wouldn't have people having a somewhat plauseable cry on entrapment.
As far as underagers who are actually on the computer...that's what parents are for

Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I agree, tho' I think maybe they should do away with those internet stings all together...then stunts like this couldn't be pulled, and you wouldn't have people having a somewhat plauseable cry on entrapment.
As far as underagers who are actually on the computer...that's what parents are for
Well, amateur stings can't be considered legal, but I have no problem with the professionals doing it.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:12 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,076,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Well, amateur stings can't be considered legal, but I have no problem with the professionals doing it.
"maybe" if they're done right. I have issues when a guy/gal is on talking, finds out the other person is underage, backs out and they STILL try to goad him'her own and STILL try to bust him/her even if there's no meeting/plans for meeting.
I also have issues with how loose their definition can be of "sex talk". Case in point, a local boy who is sorta in my son's circle of friends was contacted online by a 15 yr old girl. SHE brought up sex, he told her that they should wait a few years (and has documentation to prove it) and you know they're STILL trying to go after him?
Now what's up with that?

Anyway, many of these internet stings are being challenged in court and some are winning...just doesn't seem to be all that "profitable' anymore.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM

34 posts, read 34,252 times
i don't mind the professionals doing it, because they are trained professionals. I just don't like blind vigilantism; the one's that are blinded by hate. they always say the worst disasters are from the best intentions.
i do believe that he should get charged and convicted with more than just extortion and the 19 year old should be charged and be convicted for child enticement; it would be fair and just. this isn't a case where the 19 year old was online and was contacted; it was him responding to an ad on Craigslist. I do believe that they shouldn't do shows like to catch a predator and shows like that, because it gives people the ideas that they can do things of this nature, which they can not do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime