U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,305,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
??? Did you read what I wrote?

Reading is fundamental...

Weak women DON'T fight back. Strong women chop heads off. Weak women keep going back to the abuser. String women chop off penises or take their kids and get the hell out. Weak wen are victims. Strong women fight their attacker off, take his gun and murder the bastard.

A strong women prepares. A weak women doesn't. Nothing wrong with surviving a situation. The first time...

Lay off the emotions and rely on logic.

Shrug.
I think you two are just going to have to agree to disagree on this issue. Being armed makes you feel empowered, and that's okay. It is your perspective. JJ's perspective is that people should not have to arm themselves to go jogging in a civilized society. People's opinions are colored by their own perspectives and experiences. There is nothing wrong with that, especially considering we are all on the same side here. Victimizing people is wrong, is what it comes down to and you both agree on that.

Would it be okay if we got back to the original crime?

Last edited by NLVgal; 01-08-2013 at 04:44 AM..

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM

2,268 posts, read 1,805,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Many women are in prison serving long sentences for having killed their abusive husbands. Apparently the law doesn't agree with you.
Better to die on you feet than live on your knees.

Shrug.

Sometimes doing the right thing costs.

And something being the law doesn't make it right.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,311,217 times
Wow, Anonymousex, just wow.

So back to the original case in the OP. I hope these teens are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law which, sadly, probably won't equal much time behind bars considering the short sentences that rapists often serve.

I feel for the victim. She was a young, naive teen girl who most likely thought these guys were her friends. I don't think most teen girls (unless they have previously been molested or raped) can grasp that someone that they know could do something like this to them, no matter what they are told by their older and wiser mothers. Scary.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Wow, Anonymousex, just wow.

So back to the original case in the OP. I hope these teens are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law which, sadly, probably won't equal much time behind bars considering the short sentences that rapists often serve.

I feel for the victim. She was a young, naive teen girl who most likely thought these guys were her friends. I don't think most teen girls (unless they have previously been molested or raped) can grasp that someone that they know could do something like this to them, no matter what they are told by their older and wiser mothers. Scary.
Why wow, just wow?

If the teen boys are smart enough to be predators the teen girls should be smart enough as well.

Why do you believe teen girls are uber naive and don't grasp what teen boys can grasp?

If this really is the case then the parents perhaps should have kept her locked up and teen girls have no business in public.

Or perhaps mothers are just sleeping on the job...

Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Why wow, just wow?

If the teen boys are smart enough to be predators the teen girls should be smart enough as well.

Why do you believe teen girls are uber naive and don't grasp what teen boys can grasp?

If this really is the case then the parents perhaps should have kept her locked up and teen girls have no business in public.

Wow regarding your many victim blaming comments throughout this thread.

Teen girls are teen girls, not teen boys. They don't understand that teen boys could possibly think that way because it's so far outside of the way that they think as girls. Most teen girls could not imagine hurting or violating someone that they are friends with in such a way so they think the same would be true for their male counterparts. I remember being a teen girl and listening to my mom talk about things like "date rape". I didn't believe her because I knew my male friends and of course they would never do something like that.

I have never been a victim of sexual assault but as woman, rather then a naive teen girl who thinks they have everything figured out and are invincible (common thoughts for teens), I'm much more aware of the reality of "date rape" but as a teen, no one could convince me that something like that would ever happen to me. Teenage girl are naive for the most part.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM

5,144 posts, read 10,855,819 times
I don't think it really matters if the pictured goes to jail. Rape sentences are a joke in light short sentences anyway. Now everyone knows his face so he is living in a prison.

Where did they get the alcohol?

I never snuck out for crap like that because I didn't want to bother dealing with the drama
that came with it. No one had to talk to me about it. I heard enough stories of parties from peers.

Even if the DA's son is not charged criminally I have to wonder if they will bring a civil lawsuit against him for online bullying, sexual harassment etc?

He claims he had to drop school due to death threats. He could of went still to OH state. But I guess he is to afraid to even face possibly being a victim of someone else's impulses. If I ran that school I would of kicked him out. I can't believe they left him..oh wait..yeah I can..football.
Athletes free pass to be violent and rape makes me sick.

I think team owners and schools need to step it up and demand better behavior from players.
Play nice everywhere or you don't play at all period.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Wow regarding your many victim blaming comments throughout this thread.
Nonsense... Women seem to like to go the argumentum ad passiones route...

I blame them for their lack of responsibility. Not for being attacked. While minutely different it is different.

Quote:
Teen girls are teen girls, not teen boys. They don't understand that teen boys could possibly think that way because it's so far outside of the way that they think as girls.
Then they need to be taught. Girls are human as well. Girls kill and rob and rape and hurt people too.

LOL @ girls don't think like men. Right...

http://www.dailydot.com/news/4-teena...ideo-facebook/

http://www.samhsa.gov/samhsanewslett...tBehavior.aspx

"I'm going to f*** this b**** up." says the naive, friendly teen girl as she wails on a mentally challenged 48 year old.

Darn those naive teen girls...

Quote:
Most teen girls could not imagine hurting or violating someone that they are friends with in such a way so they think the same would be true for their male counterparts.
Lol. You realize while, usually not violent, teen girls are FAR more vicious than teen boys. Boys are just more physical.

Quote:
Teenage girl are naive for the most part.
Then they need to be kept inside.

If you didn't believe your mother than she did a crappy job teaching you. She should have pounded it in your head.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Nonsense... Women seem to like to go the argumentum ad passiones route...

I blame them for their lack of responsibility. Not for being attacked. While minutely different it is different.

Then they need to be taught. Girls are human as well. Girls kill and rob and rape and hurt people too.

LOL @ girls don't think like men. Right...

Daily Dot | 4 teenage girls arrested for violent attack caught on camera

Violent Behaviors Among Teenage Girls | SAMHSA NEWS

"I'm going to f*** this b**** up." says the naive, friendly teen girl as she wails on a mentally challenged 48 year old.

Darn those naive teen girls...

Lol. You realize while, usually not violent, teen girls are FAR more vicious than teen boys. Boys are just more physical.

Then they need to be kept inside.

If you didn't believe your mother than she did a crappy job teaching you. She should have pounded it in your head.
You are not worth talking to. Your mother did a crappy job teaching you common decency and respect for women. Buh bye.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You are not worth talking to. Your mother did a crappy job teaching you common decency and respect for women. Buh bye.
Lololol.

I respect people. Just not victims. And that goes for men as well.

More appeals to emotion. Sad but typical...

And women aren't special. They are just people... LOL

My mother taught me not to be a victim.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,887,222 times
Quote:
Why wow, just wow?

So you have to be a mastermind to be a predator? That is the most ridiculous statement I have read here today and i read a lot of stupid things on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime