U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,268 posts, read 1,805,547 times
Reputation: 1067

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
If you reread you conversation, no one brought up NJ or CA. It was just suggested that in some states you are required to act. This is what you disputed, and this is where you were absolutely wrong.

I guess I assumed you're not American because of your lack of knowledge about the nation. It's possible that you are just uneducated.
1) Hmmm after going back through I see where when you said some States I looked in your state of NJ only. That is my bad...

2) Unless you can cite every law in this country you may want to quickly back off the uneducated bit.

3) When you appeal to authority (use a law as an argument) you cite it or it's bull****. If you CAN'T cite the law then you are full of ****. Even if the law exists...

4) In any case, no true American would go along with morality being legislated. At least no true American that know one thing about our history...


 
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,438,987 times
Reputation: 12833
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
1) Hmmm after going back through I see where when you said some States I looked in your state of NJ only. That is my bad...

2) Unless you can cite every law in this country you may want to quickly back off the uneducated bit.

3) When you appeal to authority (use a law as an argument) you cite it or it's bull****. If you CAN'T cite the law then you are full of ****. Even if the law exists...

4) In any case, no true American would go along with morality being legislated. At least no true American that know one thing about our history...

So as ParallelJJCat asked, since you were clearly wrong and had no clue about what you were talking about... are you going to apologize to those who are properly educated and know what they're talking about for calling them ignorant?
 
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
2,243 posts, read 3,462,561 times
Reputation: 3101
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Clearly you're new to this country or you are extremely ignorant of the laws. The fact that you would choose a state that does not have a 'duty to act' law such as NJ shows how clueless you are.

Your precedent is also not in a state that has this kind of law. I know that you're new to this and are just juggling with information in which you know nothing about, but you should be aware that in law (or any argument for that matter), induction is not a valid method.

Again, you're completely wrong.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=604a.01

Maybe you were under a rock but this was a heavily televised subject in the 90s. Considering that you had all the information you needed to discover this on your own, along with Google, really shows your lack of researching skills (intellect).

The way you people argue with ignorance is mindblowing.
Hey, why don't you insult the guy a few more times, I think it would help your argument.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,268 posts, read 1,805,547 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
So as ParallelJJCat asked, since you were clearly wrong and had no clue about what you were talking about... are you going to apologize to those who are properly educated and know what they're talking about for calling them ignorant?
I actually only called you ignorant.



Since you couldn't cite it when I asked and it took someone else to, clearly you were pulling it out of your ***.

Why would I apologize to you? Did I bruise your ego and you need redress? Lol...

I didn't call the others ignorant. I merely disputed and stated the truism that appeals need a cite. Which was provided so there you go.

And 1) above handles any thing they could require...


So why are you still whining???
 
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,268 posts, read 1,805,547 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Hey, why don't you insult the guy a few more times, I think it would help your argument.
Don't worry about it. That's the problem with dealing with children...

Its to be expected...
 
Old 01-05-2013, 05:57 PM
 
2,873 posts, read 4,764,328 times
Reputation: 4292
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I see the CA law which led me to a few others. I'm in VA. Its not a nanny state. I actually do know my laws.

VA does require action in one specific kind of emergency. The operator of a boat is required to provide assistance if they are involved in an accident.


So if you and I are involved in a car accident, I can stand by the side of the road and let you bleed out. I can't do the same if our boats collide.

http://www.sslawfirm.com/publications/pub.goodsam.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
4) In any case, no true American would go along with morality being legislated. At least no true American that know one thing about our history...
There are reasons not to pass such laws, but all laws legislate morality.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,438,987 times
Reputation: 12833
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I actually only called you ignorant.



Since you couldn't cite it when I asked and it took someone else to, clearly you were pulling it out of your ***.

Why would I apologize to you? Did I bruise your ego and you need redress? Lol...

I didn't call the others ignorant. I merely disputed and stated the truism that appeals need a cite. Which was provided so there you go.

And 1) above handles any thing they could require...


So why are you still whining???
Actually, it not only appears that you're ignorant but you're blind as well. I was the first person to site it. I knew exactly what I was talking about... and it's obvious since I reference the law by its exact name.

You called everyone wrong when in fact you were wrong. No one owes you any proof. It's just odd that you call other people wrong when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I could care less about the apology... it wasn't I who asked for one.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,438,987 times
Reputation: 12833
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Hey, why don't you insult the guy a few more times, I think it would help your argument.
I just took the same tone he took with me. You have to talk them on their level for them to understand anything.

The proof is all in the link.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Chambersburg PA
1,739 posts, read 1,760,135 times
Reputation: 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
How about we just end violence period? Plenty of guys get beat up by their wives/girlfriends and stay silent, and it's no wonder...when the focus is always on women and kids
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 PM
 
65 posts, read 63,900 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I actually only called you ignorant.



Since you couldn't cite it when I asked and it took someone else to, clearly you were pulling it out of your ***.

Why would I apologize to you? Did I bruise your ego and you need redress? Lol...

I didn't call the others ignorant. I merely disputed and stated the truism that appeals need a cite. Which was provided so there you go.

And 1) above handles any thing they could require...


So why are you still whining???
Wow, you really are something. Why don't you just admit that you were wrong like a man? You weren't just asking for a cite, you were explicitly calling the facts false and calling someone ignorant.

Now that it's been shown that you're full of crap and had no idea what you've been talking about, at lease be an adult and stop acting like a 5 year old.

In at least two states, you are required to call the authorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top