U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 PM
 
65 posts, read 63,874 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Hey, why don't you insult the guy a few more times, I think it would help your argument.
If you read the thread, it wasn't insulting... it was just the deserving truth.

 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,416,311 times
Reputation: 12827
Here's another story where a teen isn't the brightest in regards to the use of technology and self-incriminating:

Facebook sure does bring out the stupid in people....

I get that the crimes are bad and they should get in trouble... but how stupid are these teens that they don't know that they are self-incriminating themselves publicly?
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM
 
13,612 posts, read 10,292,796 times
Reputation: 17659
Let's steer this back to topic, shall we? If one of the implicated young men is truly the DA's son, as has been rumored online, then that is one brave girl for pressing charges at all.

So many times these things get swept under the rug. Someone upthread mentioned that Anonymous should stay out of it. I'm torn on that opinion. On one hand, I agree that vigilante justice is not a good thing. On the other, sometimes that's the only justice a victim gets.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,268 posts, read 1,804,297 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Let's steer this back to topic, shall we? If one of the implicated young men is truly the DA's son, as has been rumored online, then that is one brave girl for pressing charges at all.

So many times these things get swept under the rug. Someone upthread mentioned that Anonymous should stay out of it. I'm torn on that opinion. On one hand, I agree that vigilante justice is not a good thing. On the other, sometimes that's the only justice a victim gets.
I like Anonymous. Sometimes vigilantes are needed.

As long as the truth is outed and these Anonymous guys are willing to pay consequences though I net they'd be light.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,268 posts, read 1,804,297 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaMyerson View Post
Wow, you really are something. Why don't you just admit that you were wrong like a man? You weren't just asking for a cite, you were explicitly calling the facts false and calling someone ignorant.

Now that it's been shown that you're full of crap and had no idea what you've been talking about, at lease be an adult and stop acting like a 5 year old.

In at least two states, you are required to call the authorities.
Like a man? Lol...

Whose acting like a 5 year old? If they don't like how I admitted I was wrong in 1) they can deal with it... as can you.

Like a man... lol...

 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Chambersburg PA
1,739 posts, read 1,759,053 times
Reputation: 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Let's steer this back to topic, shall we? If one of the implicated young men is truly the DA's son, as has been rumored online, then that is one brave girl for pressing charges at all.

So many times these things get swept under the rug. Someone upthread mentioned that Anonymous should stay out of it. I'm torn on that opinion. On one hand, I agree that vigilante justice is not a good thing. On the other, sometimes that's the only justice a victim gets.
But I don't really see it as helping the victim, if it prolongs things and causes changes of venue and such. You can bet that Anonymous didn't concern themselves with how it would help or hinder the victim.
Once again, people used the victim as a means to an end.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
 
2,873 posts, read 4,759,772 times
Reputation: 4292
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
But I don't really see it as helping the victim, if it prolongs things and causes changes of venue and such. You can bet that Anonymous didn't concern themselves with how it would help or hinder the victim.
Once again, people used the victim as a means to an end.

Anonymous is at their best when they're tracking down people who otherwise would not have been charged at all. As when some teen boy posted pictures of himself abusing a cat on youtube. Without Anonymous's tracking down his exact location, the case would never have been charged.


But in this situation, where the case is being charged and the victim has come forward...it does stand to hinder more than help, I think.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
 
13,612 posts, read 10,292,796 times
Reputation: 17659
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
But I don't really see it as helping the victim, if it prolongs things and causes changes of venue and such. You can bet that Anonymous didn't concern themselves with how it would help or hinder the victim.
Once again, people used the victim as a means to an end.

I actually know someone who is a member of that group. It might have been misguided, but the case pissed many of them off and they were trying to help.

Most of the time, they just get up to mischief, but in this case they were trying to do something good.

The change of venue may have had something to do with the fact that one of the boys is purportedly the DA's son. If that's the case and Anonymous brought it to light, they probably did her a favor.
 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 PM
 
Location: East of the Mississippi and South of Bluegrass
4,453 posts, read 3,750,975 times
Reputation: 9592
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
1) Hmmm after going back through I see where when you said some States I looked in your state of NJ only. That is my bad...

2) Unless you can cite every law in this country you may want toquickly back off the uneducated bit.

3) When you appeal to authority (use a law as an argument) you cite it or it's bull****. If you CAN'T cite the law then you are full of ****. Even if the law exists...

4) In any case, no true American would go along with morality being legislated. At least no true American that know one thing about our history...
That's just your opinion, society can indeed legislate morality as our laws and legal system are concentrated on ones behavior and whether it is right or wrong. Obviously it is a little more complicated than that, however, concerning the young men in which this thread concerns itself with, they did not even behave at a moral minimum. There should be some sort of legal justification which they can be punished with as they surely deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Don't worry about it. That's the problem with dealing with children...

Its to be expected...
I would love to go on and on with you, however, I truly feel it would be akin to casting pearls and you are just not the sort who can be reasoned with or appealed to...far too full of yourself, for whatever reason. Speaking of children, you may find yourself in good company here at the c-d forums, best wishes for continued success at being witty and childlike.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
 
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,268 posts, read 1,804,297 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
That's just your opinion, society can indeed legislate morality as our laws and legal system are concentrated on ones behavior and whether it is right or wrong. Obviously it is a little more complicated than that, however, concerning the young men in which this thread concerns itself with, they did not even behave at a moral minimum. There should be some sort of legal justification which they can be punished with as they surely deserve it.



I would love to go on and on with you, however, I truly feel it would be akin to casting pearls and you are just not the sort who can be reasoned with or appealed to...far too full of yourself, for whatever reason. Speaking of children, you may find yourself in good company here at the c-d forums, best wishes for continued success at being witty and childlike.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
Lol. Hi pot! Meet kettle.

Some of you people are hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top