Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:09 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Why would it hinder?

There was a thread on the Steubenville rape in the Politics section of CD forums and it was shut down. To me that is just another example of how people don't want to recognize that rape is a political issue --it is about power and the culture we live in. We can talk about gun crime all we want in the Politics section, but mention rape and it gets deleted or locked. Of course, there's a thread called "can women rape men" that is being allowed to stay on the Politics forum. How sexist can you get !!!!
It could hinder because of the way the law works. It can delay the case in various ways, such as causing a mistrial or forcing a change in venue. It isn't because Anonymous is doing something 'bad', it's just that prosecutors will use anything to delay trial.

And Jasper...Nancy Grace rarely helps anything she gets involved in.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Or this one...

A Turkish lady shot AND decapitated her attacker...

LOCAL - Court acquits woman for killing rapist for

See how much better taking responsibility and protecting yourself works.

Amazing...

She's not a victim...

This post and my last post effectively answer all your questions and shuts down all of your arguments.

No, it doesn't. Are you saying that my friend should have carried a knife during her jog? That if she was successfully able to kill her attacker, the rape wouldn't have been her fault, but that if she did, it wouldn't have been?

And the woman in your post was a victim. She was raped and abused by the man for two years before that point. She attempted to get help through legal channels many times without result (rape culture in action again.) She was a victim of both her abuser and the culture that forced her to finally take such measures after years of rape.

This woman did not stop her rape, she only ended it. And according to your theory, the fact that she was ever raped at all was her responsibility.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
It could hinder because of the way the law works. It can delay the case in various ways, such as causing a mistrial or forcing a change in venue. It isn't because Anonymous is doing something 'bad', it's just that prosecutors will use anything to delay trial.

And Jasper...Nancy Grace rarely helps anything she gets involved in.

The more I read about this case, the more I'm starting to think maybe Anonymous does have the right idea. It seems like the town has pulled together to protect the boys.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,300 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't. Are you saying that my friend should have carried a knife during her jog? That if she was successfully able to kill her attacker, the rape wouldn't have been her fault, but that if she did, it wouldn't have been?
Sure. She could have done plenty. Why stop with a knife. I openly carry a gun everywhere. I haven't been a victim of a violent crime since.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Quote:
And the woman in your post was a victim. She was raped and abused by the man for two years before that point. She attempted to get help through legal channels many times without result (rape culture in action again.) She was a victim of both her abuser and the culture that forced her to finally take such measures after years of rape.
Wrong. She was a victim until she STOPPED being a victim... As to culture of rape, she was found not guilty no? Even after shooting and beheading her attacker...

My only question is "What took her so long?"

Quote:
This woman did not stop her rape, she only ended it. And according to your theory, the fact that she was ever raped at all was her responsibility.
The first one may have been out of her control. I've allowed for that already despite you ignoring it.

However, each subsequent one was her responsibility. She should have beheaded him sooner.

But at least she did it. She got her power back and killed her victim hood.

You could learn much from her...

Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,157 times
Quote:
Sure. She could have done plenty. Why stop with a knife. I openly carry a gun everywhere. I haven't been a victim of a violent crime since.

Are you really suggesting that women carry guns every time the go for a jog around the block in broad daylight? And if they don't and they get raped then it is their fault?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:

Wrong. She was a victim until she STOPPED being a victim... As to culture of rape, she was found not guilty no? Even after shooting and beheading her attacker...

My only question is "What took her so long?"

The first one may have been out of her control. I've allowed for that already despite you ignoring it.

However, each subsequent one was her responsibility. She should have beheaded him sooner.

But at least she did it. She got her power back and killed her victim hood.

You could learn much from her...

You don't think there's a cultural problem when a woman reports rape and abuse for years and is ignored? If you repeatedly report that you are being raped and the police refuse to act, do you think she believed she would go free if she killed him? The fact that she did is great, but she would have had no reason to believe she wouldn't be punished considering how she was repeatedly dismissed and given no aid at all. The inattention of the police likely lead to her staying vulnerable to her abuser much longer. Finally killing the man was not an act of power and hope, but an act of desperation in which she likely believed she was giving up her life as well as his.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
You don't think there's a cultural problem when a woman reports rape and abuse for years and is ignored? If you repeatedly report that you are being raped and the police refuse to act, do you think she believed she would go free if she killed him? The fact that she did is great, but she would have had no reason to believe she wouldn't be punished considering how she was repeatedly dismissed and given no aid at all. The inattention of the police likely lead to her staying vulnerable to her abuser much longer.
The past is the past. Clearly they didn't find her guilty. Much like India and their so called culture of rape yet people were rioting in anger...

Quote:
Finally killing the man was not an act of power and hope, but an act of desperation in which she likely believed she was giving up her life as well as his.
This is what I meant by women not thinking properly.

It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

She should have chopped his head and **** off and she should have done it after the first time.

I have no sympathy for people that allow themselves to victimized out of fear and helplessness. There is no excuse for that.

Anyone not willing to fight to the death for their life doesn't deserve it anyways...

Shrug...

How do you think criminals and bullies pick victims? You can frickin smell them...

Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
The past is the past. Clearly they didn't find her guilty. Much like India and their so called culture of rape yet people were rioting in anger...

This is what I meant by women not thinking properly.

It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

She should have chopped his head and **** off and she should have done it after the first time.

I have no sympathy for people that allow themselves to victimized out of fear and helplessness. There is no excuse for that.

Anyone not willing to fight to the death for their life doesn't deserve it anyways...

Shrug...

How do you think criminals and bullies pick victims? You can frickin smell them...
People are rioting in India because there is a culture of rape. Because their government and their police refuse to help them. If rape was taken seriously and punished, there would be no rioting or anger.

You're basically saying here that a woman is weak if she wants to survive. When you are in a situation where you can't get help, and where striking back has a very high possibility of imprisonment or worse, enduring is survival.

I suppose in your view rapists should not be punished. After all, it's all the woman's fault for not immediately killing her attacker. Or perhaps how hard she fights back should have a direct effect on their sentence? Twenty years if she was carrying a knife, two if not? If he attacks from behind before she can pull her gun, then holds a knife to her throat and threatens to kill her and she cooperates because of it, what then? Split the difference and knock off a few years for the gun, add on a few for not allowing her throat to be cut?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
People are rioting in India because there is a culture of rape. Because their government and their police refuse to help them. If rape was taken seriously and punished, there would be no rioting or anger.

You're basically saying here that a woman is weak if she wants to survive. When you are in a situation where you can't get help, and where striking back has a very high possibility of imprisonment or worse, enduring is survival.

I suppose in your view rapists should not be punished. After all, it's all the woman's fault for not immediately killing her attacker. Or perhaps how hard she fights back should have a direct effect on their sentence? Twenty years if she was carrying a knife, two if not? If he attacks from behind before she can pull her gun, then holds a knife to her throat and threatens to kill her and she cooperates because of it, what then? Split the difference and knock off a few years for the gun, add on a few for not allowing her throat to be cut?
??? Did you read what I wrote?

Reading is fundamental...

Weak women DON'T fight back. Strong women chop heads off. Weak women keep going back to the abuser. String women chop off penises or take their kids and get the hell out. Weak wen are victims. Strong women fight their attacker off, take his gun and murder the bastard.

A strong women prepares. A weak women doesn't. Nothing wrong with surviving a situation. The first time...

Lay off the emotions and rely on logic.

Shrug.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
??? Did you read what I wrote?

Reading is fundamental...

Weak women DON'T fight back. Strong women chop heads off. Weak women keep going back to the abuser. String women chop off penises or take their kids and get the hell out. Weak wen are victims. Strong women fight their attacker off, take his gun and murder the bastard.

A strong women prepares. A weak women doesn't. Nothing wrong with surviving a situation. The first time...

Lay off the emotions and rely on logic.

Shrug.
Many women are in prison serving long sentences for having killed their abusive husbands. Apparently the law doesn't agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime