U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 AM

1,699 posts, read 3,553,767 times

Advertisements

Someone sent me this video and I'd like to know what you all make of it. The report alleges that the 3 mass casualty shootings were carried out by multiple gunmen, not "lone wolf" shooters. Are the eyewitnesses just confused and incorrect? Why haven't police released the surveillance videos to provide evidence of their theories?

I'm just asking questions, not taking a position. Please watch the report and tell me what you think:

Full Disclosure: CO, WI, CT shootings.. Are These The Work of "Lone Wolf" Gunmen? - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM

4,787 posts, read 9,299,537 times
In Connecticut, no additional shooters. Sorry, that dark blog in the woods could be anything. Sure didn't look like a human to me.

However, there were some men detained at the scene by police. There is a street that runs parallel to and just behind the school, less than 100' behind the school grounds. Some residents of that area who were home at the time, did run toward the school as it became known what was going on. Rather than get in a car and drive the three fourths of a mile it would have taken to get to the school driveway, they ran from backyards, through the woods and greenbelt to get to the front of the school and the doors..

To any one not familiar with the area it looked like strange people were running around in the woods. It turned out to be just the neighbors trying to get to their kids.

There were also a couple of other fathers who were detained. The police on arrival set up a perimeter and kept people back. Some distraught fathers just threw themselves through the police line and kept going toward the school. They were forcibly stopped, handcuffed, kept on scene and like the other people, let go a little later when they calmed down and things got more sorted out.

So if anyone had just pulled up to the school, they would have seen some people sitting in police cars, or just standing there handcuffed. But no additional shooters.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,346,238 times
I'm just thinking of the shootings at the Howard Johnson's motor lodge in New Orleans that time. There were a lot of witnesses who described all these different gunmen -- tall, short, black, white, wearing this, carrying that kind of gun -- and it was only 1 guy! The police thought there was an army of terrorists invading the hotel and they ultimately put 200+ bullets into him. Only to discover that he was alone. With lots of ammo and several different guns.

When people see an armed person, they look at the weapon, not the person carrying it. So the eyewitness descriptions are almost always waaaaaaay off.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM

4,267 posts, read 5,309,935 times
I can't speak for the Aurora shooting or the Sikh Temple shooting as I have not followed those cases closely. I do know that multiple shooters were reported by witnesses in all three cases.

Witnesses spoke of multiple shooters at Sandy Hook. There is aerial footage of police chasing one or two people in the woods behind the school. There is evidence that at least one person in combat fatigues and a black shirt was cuffed and taken into police custody following the shooting. There is evidence of at least one, if not two arrests of suspects heard over the police scanner.

Nothing has been said in the media since it was first reported about what happened to the second suspect who had been taken into police custody. It may have been a neighbor or a parent, onlooker, or it could have been an additional shooter. No one knows who that person is except for the police and they have not released any information.

Last edited by Dorthy; 01-06-2013 at 05:50 PM..

Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
I went to a detailed analysis of a shooting in Salt Lake City. It sounded like folks were alternatively running, screaming, crying, no one knew what was going on, or where. It was one gun man.
Trolley Square shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What made it seem like more shooters in this situation were off duty officers who also got involved.

Situations like this are jumbled. People have distortions in memory. PTSD.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM

1,699 posts, read 3,553,767 times
Again, not taking a position, just asking a question: Why won't police release the surveillance video from outside the theater or Sandy Hook?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 AM

2,873 posts, read 4,763,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Again, not taking a position, just asking a question: Why won't police release the surveillance video from outside the theater or Sandy Hook?
I think the more prudent question would be...if there were more shooters, why would the police hid it? The 'theories' I've read range so far into conspiracy (such as theories involving mind control) that I have to apply Occam's razor.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM

51,917 posts, read 41,791,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
The problem though is that even when they release it....then we have to hear about how the footage has been "doctored".

Are you sure they haven't released any surveillance video?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
I think the more prudent question would be...if there were more shooters, why would the police hid it? The 'theories' I've read range so far into conspiracy (such as theories involving mind control) that I have to apply Occam's razor.
Some of the conspiracy theories are more plausible then others and they do range widely. I know that the idea of mind control sounds completely crazy and unheard of but mind control's use by the CIA has been documented by the the US government in the not too distant past. What people call, "False Flag Operations" are also well documented in history. Since we have evidence of them being used in the past then we can't rule out their use in the present and future. If a government was looking to take away people's rights under the constitution, such "false flag" operations designed to scare people would be a surefire way to do that. people often look to the government for security in the face of fear and that is how rights are dismantled. Most people don't want to believe that our government would ever do such things but again, if you look at world history you can see examples of governments doing these same type of things.

I am not saying that Sandy Hook or the Sikh Temple Shooting or the Batman shooting have any of these things going on. They might, they might not. I don't have any answers. I'm just pointing out that some of the conspiracy theories may not be as far fetched as they initially seem.

Last edited by Dorthy; 01-07-2013 at 09:57 AM..

Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 PM

49 posts, read 45,501 times
The Sandy Hook shooting stinks to high heaven, along with Aurora. The official story has changed multiple times, which many will attribute to poor reporting, however, i feel that it is beyond what could be considered honest error. Right now there is a lock-out in terms of new evidence and information entering the discussion, and the media will continue to reuse and repeat what has become the accepted narrative. There is a compiled list of several serious questions floating around that have not been addressed or that are not explained by the current narrative. I will try to find it and post it here but several of them i can remember:

1. No autopsy reports have been released regarding the shooter or the victims.
2. The motive of the shooter has not been fully explained.
3. The identity of the arrested man in fatigues has not been explained.
4. The connection the mother had with the school.
5. The location where the weapons were found and which were used.
6. Several surviving children also testified to seeing multiple shooters.
7. The source of Lanza's ability with these weapons, how was he able to carry so many firearms at once.
8. The shaky testimony of the medical examiner.
9. Lanza is categorized as having Aspergers, although Aspergers isn't a completely defined disorder or as serious as schizophrenia and the like.

Someone here may be able to chime in and shed some light on what happened. In my opinion, the Aurora incident is much more damning. There are many holes in that story. Holmes may be able to testify and give up some new information. There are aerial photographs of bloody tactical gear leading away from the rear entrance of the theater and the car Holmes was found at. Holmes was obviously drugged during the trial, and the source of his funds and technical knowledge have yet to be explained.

I think the possibility 'mind-control' is very real. It might sound like science fiction at first but it is true that there have been documented cases of government/CIA experimentation through drugs, hypnosis and trauma. Check out the death of Nicholas Deak, or the book 'Programmed to Kill' for further reading and see where it leads you.

I honestly don't believe that Lanza or Holmes were mind controlled into being the lone wolves either. I think it is more reasonable to believe that they were manipulated into being the fall guy for what would take place, with other portions being carried out by other players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or