Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM

223 posts, read 207,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I was able to watch a little of her testimony.

The first thing that struck me was, she is extremely detailed about what happened, when, where, what people were drinking, etc.

BUT, every time her lawyer asked her 'how did it make you FEEL', she just could not answer. She cannot express any emotion (or any true emotion). I thought for someone who can be so descriptive yet cannot describe 'feelings', makes me think she's some kind of psychopath. Of course, I could be wrong.
Her affect is that of a psychopath.

Completely disconnected and emotionless, even when discussing very disturbing details.

She is as guilty as sin and what's more, she has zero remorse. The Sista in me can relate, we've all felt like stabbing a guy in the face at some point...but usually our nuturing and non-violent tendencies as women usually stops us. A psychopath has no such softness.

In France, this would be regarded as a "Crime of Passion" and she would be out of jail in 10 years, max. The French understand a woman scorned.

Bunny boiler from HELL....it's a miracle that baptism pool didn't boil over when he dunked her in it....or when he stepped in it, come to that.

Psychopath meets abusive religious hypocrite. No wonder it ended in tears.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:53 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,644,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds&pearls View Post
Her affect is that of a psychopath.

Completely disconnected and emotionless, even when discussing very disturbing details.

She is as guilty as sin and what's more, she has zero remorse. The Sista in me can relate, we've all felt like stabbing a guy in the face at some point...but usually our nuturing and non-violent tendencies as women usually stops us. A psychopath has no such softness.

In France, this would be regarded as a "Crime of Passion" and she would be out of jail in 10 years, max. The French understand a woman scorned.

Bunny boiler from HELL....it's a miracle that baptism pool didn't boil over when he dunked her in it....or when he stepped in it, come to that.

Psychopath meets abusive religious hypocrite. No wonder it ended in tears.
Yes, I agree. I was abused (really abused!) for 15 years. For a time I contemplated suicide but I had three children and would not do that to them. I thought about killing him, but ultimately, he was not worth my personal freedom.

I did get away from him with my life, which was a miracle. That was about 20 years ago and I still have flashbacks. Jodie had a relationship for six months and killed the guy!!!!!???? I just don't buy it.

I saw the 'broken finger' testimony this evening. When I watched her last week I did not notice one of her fingers being bent. hmmm.

It just makes me very angry when women use the abuse/victim defense when they really weren't abused. It makes it just that much harder for women who really have been abused. Hell, I still have a broken bone in my wrist courtesy of HIM.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,541,852 times

Why Jodi Arias is smiling in her mugshot - YouTube

Old 02-12-2013, 12:39 AM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
Jodi is relishing in her 15 minutes of fame. Did you notice her today in her sordid sex testimony how detailed she was. She can remember every detail of her sex life but not many details of what went on outside of it.
The prosecuter, when his time comes, ought to have a field day with her when he gets his chance to cross examine her.
I think she's putting more nails in her coffin and her defense attorney is so stupid letting her hang herself.
The TV media and movie industry will be jumping in all over this story. It should make the top ratings since it has everything for a movie with so much sex and drama in it. Just what most of the public eats up these days.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Jodi is relishing in her 15 minutes of fame. Did you notice her today in her sordid sex testimony how detailed she was. She can remember every detail of her sex life but not many details of what went on outside of it.
The prosecuter, when his time comes, ought to have a field day with her when he gets his chance to cross examine her.
I think she's putting more nails in her coffin and her defense attorney is so stupid letting her hang herself.
The TV media and movie industry will be jumping in all over this story. It should make the top ratings since it has everything for a movie with so much sex and drama in it. Just what most of the public eats up these days.
Really?

What would you do if you knew your client was guilty and lying through her teeth to everybody, including yourself?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 AM

It seems there are three reasons why the judge and her attorney are having her go on at such length about her past and all the sexual issues in the relationship -

1. Her expert witnesses are basing their assessments of her on Jodi's report that she caught Travis looking at the pictures of boys, and they can only testify about that if it has already been brought up in court. So essentially she has no choice but to sit on the stand and talk about that since that is the essence of her defense. If there had been any actual hard evidence of such pictures, I am guessing those witnesses would have been used to introduce this information into court. I still think Jodi would have taken the stand, though, for reason #3 below.

2. Since its a death penalty case, the judge doesn't want there to be a problem later on down the road with implications that this defendant didn't get a fair trail.

3. This story of alleged abuse, etc, is also being brought in to help potentially soften the blow when the jury makes their final decision on the case.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM

Jodi may have insisted.

At the end of the day, her attorney didn't "let" her testify.

She instructs the attorney, not the other way around. I have no doubt her lawyers advised her NOT to testify, and she insisted.

Gurlfriend wants her day in the spotlight.

ETA: I've just watched the video and maybe they did advise her to speak. She has a very girlish and sweet manner which may sway a jury, to at least not pursue the DP.

Juries have a very hard time sentencing sweet sounding, well spoken, pretty little girls to death.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post

Woah.

She says "there was no reason to be sad".

I would think that having your boyfriend brutally murdered in front of your eyes would be a cause for some sadness?

Old 02-13-2013, 03:48 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,424 times
I'm thinking I read somewhere that Arias originally wanted to defend herself but the judge talked her in to accepting assistance from her counsel. Does anyone know? I think I read it in the Arizona Republic and unfortunately I've read all my freebies for the month, lol.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I'm thinking I read somewhere that Arias originally wanted to defend herself but the judge talked her in to accepting assistance from her counsel. Does anyone know? I think I read it in the Arizona Republic and unfortunately I've read all my freebies for the month, lol.
I just found this -

August 8, 2011 - Arias told Judge Sherry Stephens of Maricopa County Superior Court that she wanted to represent herself. Stephens granted the request but had Arias' public defenders, Victoria Washington and Kirk Nurmi, remain on as advisory counsel.

August 16, 2011 – A request to admit letters that Arias claimed Alexander sent her prior to his death was denied. In the letters, Alexander allegedly admitted to being a pedophile. Prosecutor Juan Martinez told the court that the letters were tested and found to be forgeries. After the ruling, Arias told Judge Stephens that she was "over her head." The judge then reinstated her defense counsel.

from: Jodi Arias Timeline: Key Dates In Case Of California Woman Accused Of Stabbing Ex-Boyfriend 27 Times (UPDATED)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime