U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 12:28 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,300,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
It was totally premeditated and she will get first degree murder. I don't think the jury will need more than a few hours to deliberate. Anyone who doesn't think JM isn't going to get his conviction is taking crazy pills.

Watching it today I think Arias is doped up ... she is looking real puny. I hope they don't give her any crazy pills and she just might jump up and try to attack the Doctor. Unless the Pinellas 12 relocated to Arizona I look for a first degree murder conviction too ... but I lost all faith in juries after the Anthony trial.

Willmott is out leagued with this witness. JW has made a few points but the Doctor doesn't back down.

Judge always says ... be back in courtroom at XXX and "we will start promptly on time." LOL

Old 04-18-2013, 02:19 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,162,634 times
You can never predict what a jury will decide..........the Anthony case sure taught us that lesson. Anyone who has been on a jury will tell you the facts can be totally clear and yet someone will say "Oh, I'm not sure about that !" You feel like choking them , but I guess we all have different life experiences and opinions.

As they say, it only takes one juror to not agree, but I sure hope all of them have taken all the indisputable facts into consideration and see it the way the majority of us on this forum see it. I do kinda feel she will not get death, as we tend to not kill people who are white, female and what some consider pretty. (Personally, I think she is maybe cute but certainly not a raving beauty.........she doesn't do it for me)

I still really like this witness though. She is very direct in her answers when she can say yes or no, and she is not afraid to question the defense when the question isn't clear to her. She is a strong woman, and a good match for Willmott.

Don

Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,152,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinawoman View Post
i don't watch nancy grace, but i just read on another forum that dr. Lenore walker called into nancy grace's show and informed the public that indeed she does still use her list of criteria that willmott was grilling dr. Demarte about today. willmott asked dr. D "are you aware that even lenore walker does not use that list anymore?". Willmott is in over her head ... I hope juan can correct this somehow. I wish juan would contact dr. Walker and have her fly in and set the record straight. Willmott must have had advice from docquacksalot and alv and ran with it without checking it out. A lawyer has to have a good faith basis for asking a question.

Please ... Listen to this youtube ... Just 10 seconds ... You have to turn up the volume ... There is an option when you click on it for a 300% volume option ... Some people are saying willmott mutters 'what a b itch' ... Watch arias her head pops up with a surprised look on her face ... So she thinks or wonders what willmott is saying too.u

"what a *****" willmott calls dr. Demarte at jodi arias trial. - youtube

what do you hear?

How many more times will judge stephens allow the trial to be cancelled because arias has a headache ... Can't the trial continue without arias present? All arias is doing is writing in a notebook anyway.
Yip I heard it.

My opinion of JW has decreased dramatically.

Maybe ARIAS didn't curse when she slashed TA from ear to ear.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I think it's ridiculous to parallel this killing with the Casey Anthony Case. The absolutely horrific murder of Casey's own child, because it inconvenient to her social schedule, completely outweighs a killing involving two adults.
These two adults were entangled, knowingly, in a toxic relationship. Travis repeatedly stated concerns over Jodi's 'obsession', and expressed extreme fear of her. ALL Travis's close friends and roommates were aware of Jodi being 'off', and immediately accused her, when finding Travis dead.

If Jodi get's 2nd degree Murder conviction it's because the state failed to PROVE, beyond a reasonable doubt, the killing was completely pre-meditated.

There is a preponderance of evidence, it can be inferred it was completely pre planned, and reasonable, logical conclusions may be drawn, but gas cans are not PROOF. If fact, the previous boyfriend testified Jodi took full gas cans before with her camping.

The prosecution did prove she was a liar, but proving you kill a dog on Tuesday, does not prove you killed a horse on Thursday.

Jodi's getting 2nd. And it won't be that the jury is bonded to her. It will be a reasonable conclusion, weighing in all the facts.

Travis's family can sue Jodi in Civil Court and most likely would win with preponderance of evidence.
Interesting post Trinity1111. What I do think they have in common are dates that even overlap ( I think HLN has that). Crimes committed or key evidence or decisions on exactly the same dates.

More importantly, I think we are observing what two juries decide about two young women who were responsible for the lives of others ending due to their actions- IMHO.

Can we honestly say males would be treated the same? I honestly don't think so but am interested what others think.

Mostly, I believe many of us have seen injustice in the courts starting with that infamous O J Simpson case.

Maybe a new generation now want to be lawyers seeing OJ's result getting his trial out of the Brentwood area to a LA court where different jurors could be called to serve.

I think many of us are nervous not knowing what a fatigued jury will do and did the defense team use tactics Baez used? I believe so.... Multiple theories, throw the family under th 18 wheeler to paint a disadvantaged ba kvround etc. In that sense I think many of us don't know how the jury in AZ will or won't factor in their decision.

The one thing I'll say for Jose Baez is he had clearer boundaries with Anthony than this crew does with ARIAS or Simpson's legal team had with him.

IMHO, the two trials have a lot in common when it comes to the thoughts, beliefs and fears many of us have about future trials.

MSR

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I really like this witness. She is smart, confident, and won't be intimidated by the defense. Yes, she is young but she also has accomplished a lot and is evidently very good at her profession. So nice to see an intelligent witness for a change who is only trying to give a professional opinion based on her experience and training.

What the heck is Jodi drawing in that notebook ? What ever it is they better give her a bigger eraser because she keeps erasing stuff and starting over. Maybe she is doing the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle............after all, she is an Einstein.

Could Nancy Grace be any more annoying than she is ? She is so full of herself, and if it wasn't for catching maybe a snippet of information about the trial I wouldn't even watch her. But when she starts being rude with one of her guests I can't hit the remote fast enough.

Don
I haven't gotten to see much of her testimony but she sure had Willmott rattled in what I saw.

I agree with your other comments Don. If I do happen to see HLN I prefer the males. The one night Nancy Grace was great was when she had Wendy Murphy on and she said something that isn't suppose to be said on tv ......LOL. She didn't apologize either

Waiting for your great 1-2 liner Don about today. You always crack me up with those great comments!

MSR

Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,393 times
I don't have cable any more, so I stream the trial online and get all of my info from online sources. On Facebook I see a lot of people complaining about HLN because of the commercial breaks and a lot of not-so-bright talking heads who seem to be contrarians (pro-defense) just to rile people up. I guess my question is why do so many watch HLN if they hate it? I understand not everyone has high-speed internet that would allow them to stream, but anyone that has the capability really ought to use it. I actually find Nancy Grace entertaining in small doses though...the one I can't stand is Jean Casares (Jinkasaurus?)

Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
I don't have cable any more, so I stream the trial online and get all of my info from online sources. On Facebook I see a lot of people complaining about HLN because of the commercial breaks and a lot of not-so-bright talking heads who seem to be contrarians (pro-defense) just to rile people up. I guess my question is why do so many watch HLN if they hate it? I understand not everyone has high-speed internet that would allow them to stream, but anyone that has the capability really ought to use it. I actually find Nancy Grace entertaining in small doses though...the one I can't stand is Jean Casares (Jinkasaurus?)
Not that you were asking for it as YouTube probably has all the highlights. That being said , I believe HLN can be accessed as HLNTV.com or something like that.

May I ask what it is you don't like Jean C? I haven't seen enough to really know the various hosts. I think they try to put 1-2 on to represent both sides. But I haven't seen it in quite a while

HLN is turning this into a cash cow. Their ratings are up -- they might want a mistrial or something bizarre to keep it live another 5 months.

I appreciate all of your informative posts fruit lassie. You're gettingg good details from somewhere

MSR

Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,300,737 times
Quote:

Jinkasaurus screws up a lot of her reporting and then fails to correct her mistake. She did this in the Casey Anthony trial ... what she puts out there people will believe. Even though I would hear entirely different testimony from a witness on the stand.

I like Beth Karas, she is good and attempts to report accurately.

I stream online on my computer because there is no commercials, no talking heads, it's all trial. In addition the Phoenix station has Elizabeth Erwin (KPHO) tweeting ... 'we are in the courtroom waiting, the DT has arrived, Prosecutor is here ... they just brought Arais in ... the judge hasn't arrived yet. The first of this week Judge Stephens heard two cases before the Arias trial began ... this is all per the tweets from the reporter in the courtroom. She tweets when a question is added to the basket by a juror. The tweets run on the right side of the page and doesn't interfere with me watching the trial.

We have DirecTV so I have HLN but I couldn't handle their manner of reporting this trial. But they are making lots of advertising money right now with the 8 or 9 commercials they show every few minutes. I just wish Ted Turner would go back to the old format of Court TV instead of all the reality junk he has on what he re-named TruTV.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,162,634 times
One thing that is fairly certain in this whole mess............if Jodi is by some quirk found to be innocent, she sure is going to have a problem finding anyone to shower with her !

Maybe she and Anthony Perkins should team up.

Don

Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing that is fairly certain in this whole mess............if Jodi is by some quirk found to be innocent, she sure is going to have a problem finding anyone to shower with her !

Maybe she and Anthony Perkins should team up.

Don
That's funny, Don. I can't write what I originally thought as it would probably be removed by moderators. But, I think it's safe to assume you won't volunteer for that duty.....

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime