U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,019,765 times

Advertisements

[quote=jojajn;29260730]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post

You are angry at the victims. Justice isn't about giving in to the manipulations of the defendant!
Perhaps you're right. I haven't gotten over the "12 year old girl having her first orgasm" comment.
Fantasy or not, it's my opinion that Travis's line of thinking is not healthy for a 30 year old unmarried man.

Everyone has their issues that this trial highlights for them. That is the issue that stood out in my mind. That to me is a red flag.
I'm sure different things stand out for different people.

I just don't think the jury will be able to agree on the DEATH penalty. Also, any 1st degree conviction will require another month to sentence. I don't think this jury will opt for that.

That means 2nd degree murder will be agreed on, and this whole trial dragging Travis thru the press was for nothing. I think that was selfish on the part of Travis's family, and Juan.
This circus could have been avoided, with Travis's secrets kept in tact.
That's what I mean by the Travis family vendetta, this was beyond justice, they want revenge.
One and a half million dollars could have enriched the lives of so many, it's unnecessary in my opinion.

Last edited by trinity1111; 04-23-2013 at 04:05 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 04:45 PM

66 posts, read 97,569 times
Default Trinity1111: are you LDS?

Quote:
By the time the trial ends, the price tag will be around 1.7 million dollars. Complete misappropriation of Arizona Taxpayer Money!!!!

Juan's EGO and Travis's family VENDETTA is an outrage.

I'm surprised Arizona Taxpayer's aren't outraged. They should demand reimbursement from HLN and Oprah Productions and whoever else is profiting off this circus funded by Arizona Taxpayers.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trinity, it appears that you have a bias to have a 2nd degree murder plea agreement versus a trial for a woman who murdered a man out of jealousy and bitter anger that appears strongly to be pre-meditated. So, as a far distant observer noting your frequent posts about airing "dirty" laundry, I have to ask ... are you a member of the LDS church?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 PM

25,911 posts, read 39,216,922 times
Sad to see the defense behave so bad towards the witness and keep talking about her sex life with Travis while it was a normal relationship. I have the feeling the defense lawyer can only talk about the 3 holes and likes to use certain words.

IMO it back fired for the defense! It seemed that Jodi enjoyed herself while her lawyer was questioning the ex girlfriend who has a lot of class!

Thanks to Jodi this nice woman has to discuss all of this years later...

Old 04-23-2013, 05:24 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,761,505 times
[quote=trinity1111;29262429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Perhaps you're right. I haven't gotten over the "12 year old girl having her first orgasm" comment.
Fantasy or not, it's my opinion that Travis's line of thinking is not healthy for a 30 year old unmarried man.

Everyone has their issues that this trial highlights for them. That is the issue that stood out in my mind. That to me is a red flag.
I'm sure different things stand out for different people.

I just don't think the jury will be able to agree on the DEATH penalty. Also, any 1st degree conviction will require another month to sentence. I don't think this jury will opt for that.

That means 2nd degree murder will be agreed on, and this whole trial dragging Travis thru the press was for nothing. I think that was selfish on the part of Travis's family, and Juan.
This circus could have been avoided, with Travis's secrets kept in tact.
That's what I mean by the Travis family vendetta, this was beyond justice, they want revenge.
One and a half million dollars could have enriched the lives of so many, it's unnecessary in my opinion.
You do seem obsessed with that one random comment. Are you aware that people roleplay all sorts of things in the bedroom? Some people like to be tied up and call their partner "master" but it doesn't mean they literally want to be a slave. Go to any strip club and you'll see adult women dressed in schoolgirl uniforms. If you were privy to the sexual conversations of most mature adults, you would hear all kinds of kinky fantasies. Fantasies...not reality. There is no proof, zero, nada, that Travis ever was interested in underage girls or boys.

That $1.4 million expense is mostly due to her defense team. Nurmi takes half a year to ask a question and can waste hours on pointless sex questions or a photo of Travis's eye. Willmott wasted hours dissecting Dr. DeMarte's CV which went nowhere. They are the ones trying to add "pennies to the coffer."

There is no chance in hell that Jodi will get 2nd degree. It was absolutely premeditated. The verdict will not be "for nothing." Nobody in their right mind would allow a murderer off on a lesser charge just to avoid having details of the victim's sex life come to light. He liked sex, so what. The defense team chose to get sleazy and bring in the sex tapes, make up stories about pedophilia which are total BS and that is what hurts the family. Still doesn't mean they aren't going to see this through in the name of justice. What about this is so hard to understand?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgoodtome View Post
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trinity, it appears that you have a bias to have a 2nd degree murder plea agreement versus a trial for a woman who murdered a man out of jealousy and bitter anger that appears strongly to be pre-meditated. So, as a far distant observer noting your frequent posts about airing "dirty" laundry, I have to ask ... are you a member of the LDS church?

No, I'm DEFINITELY not a LDS member. I don't want to turn this thread into an anti-mormon thread so I'll stop there....no more mention of Mormon sexual suppression need be made..or Catholics for that matter, but that's a different thread...ahem...

I think Jodi's a sociopath and deserves consequences, and the public deserves to be protected from her.. But I not a believer of Saint Travis being innocently drawn in, and being controlled by evil Jodi's sexual charms, again his will.
It's my opinion Travis was knowingly playing with fire, he stated "don't be surprised if you find me dead".....

Looks to me that he was in a self destructive pattern, knowingly.

I definitely don't like the predilection to sexual arousal fantasizing involving imaging
pre teens....Pollyanna, 12 year old girl, pig tails. It's creepy. It's off. Especially for a supposedly Mormon elder, held to higher standards.

The killing 'appearing to be pre meditated' , it may be concluded it was pre meditated, to me is not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
No murder weapon found, no written indication of intent to kill him. Gas cans....weak. My brother in law put full gas cans in his trunk driving from Cali to Vegas across the desert at night. Silly, but true.
The rent a car, weak.
I just rented a 2013 Lincoln Mercury SUV to drive across the desert to Disneyland because I didn't want the miles put on My 2012 Dodge Charger. And I picked a neutral color, not red. Silly, but true. Red cars statistically get in more accidents and atrract cops, statistically.

Hiding behind a Christmas Tree? Was she dressed in a Santa's Helper Boudoir outfit? I doubt Travis hated that...

I think everyone should be prepared for 2nd degree conviction.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:27 PM

Maybe they should have this trial judge by public opinion. They could stage it like American Idol where you call in your vote.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,471,076 times
Quote:
Maybe they should have this trial judge by public opinion. They could stage it like American Idol where you call in your vote.
Vote early, and vote often.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I feel bad for Travis Alexander's family ... reliving his murder over and over again. In addition to all the trash about Travis.
Quote:

Travis's family has no one but themselves, and Juan's ego, to blame for this trialed being hashed out over and over again, and having Travis's name and nude pictures splashed all over the media over and over again.
The sisters wanted blood, demanding nothing short of the death penalty and therefor, agreed to have Travis dragged thru the mud for 5 months. They were absolutely told this is what would happen if the state didn't take Jodi's guilty plea for 2nd.

Juan wanted another death penalty notch on his belt, and didn't compromise. He get's paid hourly anyway.

The sister's and brother have had multiple trips to Mexico drinking Margarita's in the 5 years since Travis's death. They have had plenty time to decide a strategy to spare the families privacy. They also are being supported financially thru out this trial. If Travis's family was so upset about Travis's perfect saintly image being stomped on, they should of ended this thing in January, and the sexual details would have be not splashed all over the media.

Instead, they're crying and upset because now they are living the consequences of their demand for Jodi's death, which, by the way, won't happen.

I don't usually read your off-the-wall posts I just assumed you were Arias family or friend. You really need to join the I Love Jodi or Jodi is Innocent message boards if they exist. I did read this post because it is directed to me.

There is no way in hades I would settle for a 2nd degree charge if my brother, sister or any relative was violently, horribly murdered ... shot in the head, stabbed however many times and their throat was slashed from ear to ear. If Arias was so willing to swing a deal why didn't she asked for LWOP or why didn't she commit suicide ... oh yes like she testified on the stand 'it hurt' yet did she consider how Travis Alexander must have hurt when she killed him.

Yes, Travis had a sexual addiction to Arias and all the sexual tricks she was willing to participate in with him. He probably had never meet another three hole wonder like Arias. NO ONE deserves to die in the manner Travis Alexander was murdered. Veni, Vici, Vidi .. Arias came, Arias saw, Arias conquered and that was her mission when she departed Yreka.

I HATE PLEA DEALS FOR VIOLENT CRIMES. With time served and good behavior Arias would have sashayed her butt our in a few years and latched onto her next victim. TRAVIS ALEXANDER IS DEAD HE IS THE VICTIM.

This trial has been so long all because of Arias and her DT ... 3 headache delays ... ALV sick delay ... somebody puked (probably Arias fan) trial delayed ... in addition docquacksAlot and ALV was on the stand for days on end at big dollars per hour ... then we had the eyeball man a day was wasted then ... and who is wasting all this time??? Arias & DT witnesses. Today Juan rolled right along calling his rebuttal witnesses in addition his Dr. D gave her testimony in a timely, precise manner.

Now ... to delay and take more time Arias & her DT have requested permission to call a surrerebuttal witness and if the judge approves this witness I assure you it will days and days and days of testimony. Since it is a death penalty case the judge will probably approve ANOTHER DT EXPERT DV WITNESS. The jury has already heard ...transient global amnesia, PTSD, hippocampus shut down, battered woman abuse, childhood abuse and finally borderline personality disorder.

I am sure with the DT throwing everything they can on the wall in hopes that something will stick will work to Arias' advantage and she won't get the death penalty.

But how can you say the things about the Alexander family like you did. Every single day since December they have sat there re-living the death of their brother. They had a terrible childhood and that usually leads to siblings being closer due to the things they have endured. The family appears to me to have 'made it' against all odds of their childhood. They want justice for their brother and Juan Martinez is the only voice Travis Alexander has in that courtroom. Travis is the victim. Arias would probably blow the whole jury for a 'not guilty' verdict.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 PM

16,023 posts, read 19,725,810 times
I predicted a second degree verdict right off the bat. I still think that is what will happen.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,039,978 times
I just got in and am catching up..so from HLN it sounds like some of the jury was offended by the DT tactics today..I really doubt Jodi will getthe DP and I am okay with that,although IMO she deserves it!! But I also think she will get life. Heck Maybe the girl will walk free(still suffering from Caysee Anthony Syndrome) I just want a resolution..and I can't wait to see the victim impact statement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime