U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 PM

17,661 posts, read 11,220,636 times

Advertisements

I'm certainly no prude when it comes to sex and have enjoyed a pretty healthy, fun sex life. I also understand role playing and bedroom games and I'm sure if my Son's knew some of the fantasies I have explored with various young ladies over the years they would be surprised. That being said, I do think some of the comments Travis made to Jodi were a little odd.

Perhaps he was just so inexperienced that when someone came along, who was willing to hang from the ceiling and do whatever he wanted, like Jodi was, the floodgates opened. He evidently felt comfortable saying and doing whatever to Jodi as she seemed to encourage it by saying things like "you make me feel so dirty and I love it !"

I'm sure Travis' family is very shocked hearing him in some of those tapes, and that is so sad that they have to go through all of this after losing him forever. There are no winners in this whole mess, just losers all around.

Don

Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I just got in and am catching up..so from HLN it sounds like some of the jury was offended by the DT tactics today..I really doubt Jodi will getthe DP and I am okay with that,although IMO she deserves it!! But I also think she will get life. Heck Maybe the girl will walk free(still suffering from Caysee Anthony Syndrome) I just want a resolution..and I can't wait to see the victim impact statement!

snowchaser ... I will always suffer from the Casey Anthony Pinellas 12 Syndrome. I sincerely hope this case doesn't give me the Arias Hippocampus Disorder. I will be ok with LWOP. Anything else and my hippocampus will shut down.

I was felt bad for Deanna Reid when Nurmi started on the sex questions. She appeared uncomfortable with the questions but she hung in there. At least we learned Travis Alexander's dog is living with Deanna now.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,040,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945;29266149[B
]I'm certainly no prude when it comes to sex and have enjoyed a pretty healthy, fun sex life. I also understand role playing and bedroom games and I'm sure if my Son's knew some of the fantasies I have explored with various young ladies over the years they would be surprised.[/b] That being said, I do think some of the comments Travis made to Jodi were a little odd.

Perhaps he was just so inexperienced that when someone came along, who was willing to hang from the ceiling and do whatever he wanted, like Jodi was, the floodgates opened. He evidently felt comfortable saying and doing whatever to Jodi as she seemed to encourage it by saying things like "you make me feel so dirty and I love it !"

I'm sure Travis' family is very shocked hearing him in some of those tapes, and that is so sad that they have to go through all of this after losing him forever. There are no winners in this whole mess, just losers all around.

Don
Great point! I think the jury will understand that EVERYONE has certain skeletons in their closests so to speak...I mean I get tired of everyone in court and media talking the things they did as (devious) sexual things..I'm thinking to myself I would be guilty of that too!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,040,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
snowchaser ... I will always suffer from the Casey Anthony Pinellas 12 Syndrome. I sincerely hope this case doesn't give me the Arias Hippocampus Disorder. I will be ok with LWOP. Anything else and my hippocampus will shut down.

I was felt bad for Deanna Reid when Nurmi started on the sex questions. She appeared uncomfortable with the questions but she hung in there. At least we learned Travis Alexander's dog is living with Deanna now.
Oh I can't even think of what I would do if she walks..After Casey got off I was a basketcase for 3 days..I think I went a month without watching Tv. No, that just can't happen again. And I missed the part about Deanna getting his dog..that is sweet and I was wondering what happened to that poor dog..how did it eat for 4 days after Travis Died..or did he have roomates that fed him..I don't understand the specifics of how he went 5 days without being discovered in his house if he lived with roommates?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM

4,758 posts, read 6,551,692 times
Juan Martinez is not the person who refused the 2nd degree plea that Jodi offered up - Juan is just one of the prosecuting attorneys who works under the Maricopa County Attorney's Office. It is HIGHLY unlikely that it would be solely his personal decision whether to agree to a plea or not.

Here is some info about the Maricopa County Attorney's Office - from their website - bold is by me -

The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is one of the nation’s largest public prosecutorial agencies, serving nearly four million residents in the fourth largest county in the U.S. We have more than 900 full time employees, including attorneys, investigators, paralegals, victim advocates and support staff, each of whom is committed to the ideals expressed on our official seal: service with integrity, ensuring justice for all.

Also from the website - again, supporting the idea that it was not "just" Juan Martinez who made his own personal decision to make this a death penalty case:

"Senior Homicide Bureau attorneys serve on the Maricopa County Attorney’s Capital Review Committee, which reviews first degree murder cases and offers a recommendation to the County Attorney on whether to seek the death penalty in particular cases in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes and prevailing case law." - source: http://www.maricopacountyattorney.or...imes/homicide/

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 04-23-2013 at 10:08 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,174,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If this trial drags on any longer they are not going to have to sentence Jodi to death..........she is going to die of old age.

Don
I wasn't around last night. Sorry I missed your funny summary Don.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 PM

31,438 posts, read 19,671,437 times
[quote=trinity1111;29262429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Perhaps you're right. I haven't gotten over the "12 year old girl having her first orgasm" comment.
Fantasy or not, it's my opinion that Travis's line of thinking is not healthy for a 30 year old unmarried man.

Everyone has their issues that this trial highlights for them. That is the issue that stood out in my mind. That to me is a red flag.
I'm sure different things stand out for different people.

I just don't think the jury will be able to agree on the DEATH penalty. Also, any 1st degree conviction will require another month to sentence. I don't think this jury will opt for that.

That means 2nd degree murder will be agreed on, and this whole trial dragging Travis thru the press was for nothing. I think that was selfish on the part of Travis's family, and Juan.
This circus could have been avoided, with Travis's secrets kept in tact.
That's what I mean by the Travis family vendetta, this was beyond justice, they want revenge.
One and a half million dollars could have enriched the lives of so many, it's unnecessary in my opinion.

Personally, I believe Jodi planned the his murder well in advance. She went to his home to sexually manipulate him into taking her to Cancun. Her plan was to murder him if he refused. The gun, the gas cans, the rental car all point to her plan.

We can't allow our justice system to be extorted by the defendant.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,174,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Juan Martinez is not the person who refused the 2nd degree plea that Jodi offered up - Juan is just one of the prosecuting attorneys who works under the Maricopa County Attorney's Office. It is HIGHLY unlikely that it would be solely his personal decision whether to agree to a plea or not.

Here is some info about the Maricopa County Attorney's Office - from their website - bold is by me -

The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is one of the nation’s largest public prosecutorial agencies, serving nearly four million residents in the fourth largest county in the U.S. We have more than 900 full time employees, including attorneys, investigators, paralegals, victim advocates and support staff, each of whom is committed to the ideals expressed on our official seal: service with integrity, ensuring justice for all.

Also from the website - again, supporting the idea that it was not "just" Juan Martinez who made his own personal decision to make this a death penalty case:

"Senior Homicide Bureau attorneys serve on the Maricopa County Attorney’s Capital Review Committee, which reviews first degree murder cases and offers a recommendation to the County Attorney on whether to seek the death penalty in particular cases in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes and prevailing case law." - source: Maricopa County Attorney’s Office • Major Crimes – Homicide
Great post. Ty

MSR

Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,020,050 times
Yeah, that was a great post. Good clarification of who's choice it was to spend upwards of 2 million dollars on a sociopath. I'm sure Travis's family really loves Travis's naked body and sexual phone conversations being aired non-stop for 6 months. Fantastic use of taxpayer money. With all the drug cartel problems in Arizona, I would think a more pragmatic solution was to take the plea for more pressing public endangerment issues.
But yeah, everyone can feel groovy they gave it a shot, and when it comes up 2nd, it was all for naught.
Someone should have read "The Art of Negotiation".

Old 04-24-2013, 12:15 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,020,050 times
A better use of money would have been to support the Arizona's Childhelp Children's Center and the Arizona Child Haven just to name a few. These centers help children who are abused, neglected and often homeless. They function partially off of donations to provide just the basics, diapers, food, medical.
Mabey HNL and Oprah's Productions can make a donation, off of all the money they are raking in off this trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime